User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-07-2013, 08:14 AM   #1
Bugchewer OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 363
Adirondack, Green & Berkshire fun

This is my first attempt at a ride report so here goes...

We started out from the Buffalo area with a destination of Bennington, VT for the annual Bennington Triumph Bash which us Tiger riders have renamed the Bennington Tiger Bash much to the ribbing of our Tbird compatriots.

We headed out with 9 riders from Buffalo area including a few our of crazy Canadian buddies. Headed out US Route 20 through Finger Lakes and split off up Rote 12 through Utica to Long Lake for our fist night in Adirondack Park.

This is at Adirondack Museum and last place to have cell service for awhile so my buddy Rich checks in...

ahh..now we are starting to get fresh clean pine scented air and cooler. It was a hot day for NY (mid 80's).

At edge of Long Lake where I sat in Adirondack chair and enjoyed a cold Saranac Pale ale

now off to Owl Pub in Long lake for chow & maybe a refreshing pint

view from deck of pub

We rode the long one mile back to the cabin...spent the evening visting with the owners on thier screened porch..great folks at The Shamrock!

Next morning down Route 28 toward Newcomb for a view of Adirondack peaks...

on the road to North Hudson for some great sweepers and views

Buffalo Ranch for some homemade jam and water break

ice coffee break in Ticonderoga to cool down..now 88 degrees

Now we follow Lake Ticonderoga (I think!) down toward Lake George

We arrive in bennington at 4 pm and it is steamy..my buddy Rich stops to buy some shorts and I wait and sweat in parking lot...head to motel and room is not ready yet...so I sit on bench and enjoy a couple cold beers while I wait. We walked down to the Madison brewing company and have some dinner and some microbrews and meet up with some of the riders.

Have a great conversation with Paul & Robin who rode up from Birmingham, AL on a Bonnie & Scrambler. They brought up some nice door prizes from the Barber Motorsports Park.

The next morning we meet at Hemmings Motor Museum at decide where to ride...

The King of Fleece pointing at someting...he makes some really great waterproof seat covers by the way

some riders heading out for Adirondack ride..I skipped it since we did it the day before

We headed up Route 100 to Vermont Country Store...I then went south on Route 100 and split off on to Route 8A..really nice country road

stopped up in berkshire for a break and visited with nice gentleman who tended the gift shop where I bought a back scratcher as a gag gift for my wife...

I headed back to Bennington and caught up to some young guys on sport bikes and hung with them for awhile and watched clouds roll in...sorry I stopped taking pics at this point. We all gathered at the Bennington Station for our annual rider dinner...lots of lie swapping, beer drinking, eating and general good times!!!

We headed out at 6 am on Sunday and back home in WNY at 11:15. No rain until 3 miles from home and a deluge commenced...a truck pulled over so i could pass and make it home before I floated away...A great time with good buddies.
Old 06-07-2013, 03:44 PM   #2
Rutabaga
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 726
Welcome and well done. Looks like a great weekend adventure.
Rutabaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 07:04 AM   #3
Bugchewer OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 363
Thanks Rutabaga. I would be remiss if I didn't post these pics of where we stayed in the Adirondacks. They have a really nice motel & efficiency cabins!

motel portion

one of cabins

view from my deck of room

grounds behind motel
Old 06-08-2013, 05:55 PM   #4
CampRider
Adventurer

Oddometer: 19
looks like a good time!
CampRider is offline   Reply With Quote