Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2014, 07:31 PM   #106
roarin calhoun
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by sasho View Post
Which alpacka raft do you have? I'd would be awesome if you have some pics.
Hay sasho, how's Bulgaria this time of year? I've had my Alpaca rafts for several years. They weigh about 4 lbs & are inflated by a super light nylon sack. I've used branches for oars when I didn't feel like packing my 3 piece kayak oar with me. I just googled the rafts, there seems to be 2 spellings,"Alpaca" & "Alpacka". They are sold from Alaska . They are TOUGH (they haul moose meat out in them in Alaska--in pieces of course). Really work well. I use'm in backcountry Idaho (USA-big mountains) and go places in them few have ever gone before(it's way too far back in to carry waders & float tubes,etc). Good luck and they are not cheap. Great rafts tho.
Oh yeah, I do have pictures but have remained too stooped to know how to post them. Google,lots of picts.
roarin calhoun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 12:22 AM   #107
sasho
Dual Personality

Oddometer: 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by roarin calhoun View Post
Hay sasho, how's Bulgaria this time of year? I've had my Alpaca rafts for several years. They weigh about 4 lbs & are inflated by a super light nylon sack. I've used branches for oars when I didn't feel like packing my 3 piece kayak oar with me. I just googled the rafts, there seems to be 2 spellings,"Alpaca" & "Alpacka". They are sold from Alaska . They are TOUGH (they haul moose meat out in them in Alaska--in pieces of course). Really work well. I use'm in backcountry Idaho (USA-big mountains) and go places in them few have ever gone before(it's way too far back in to carry waders & float tubes,etc). Good luck and they are not cheap. Great rafts tho.
Oh yeah, I do have pictures but have remained too stooped to know how to post them. Google,lots of picts.
Bulgaria now is in a cold spell, although it was unusually warm up until now... I was told this by my mom--I live in Missoula, MT pretty much year round.

I have been looking at these rafts for a while, and am trying to decide which model will fit me best--the Denaly Llama or the Yukon Yak. I am 6', 190lbs, and 32 inseam.

I love to go riding and pack my spinning rod around Montana, and it would be fantastic if I had a boat option too!! Although with the bike (or any vehicle) I would be restricted to lakes. Still nice though!!
sasho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 01:08 AM   #108
DaLunk
Confused and Bemused

Oddometer: 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZ4Blazer View Post
What part of Pa are you from, DaLunk?
Lancaster County...land of too many cars and too few trout.
DaLunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 05:08 PM   #109
riderddonald
Lost rider

Oddometer: 572
In the mountains of WV right now. Got my line wet in the Williams river. Didn't catch anything but still a great day. Below freezing and snow so in the Jeep and not on the bike. Eyelets kept freezing up on me. Kinda hard to cast. The mrs took some pix and I'll post when I get home. Hopefully some of fishies too. Also NFS LO checked me for liscense. Probably first for him this year.
Old 02-07-2014, 06:00 PM   #110
rheritage
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 192
Enjoy roaming around North Georgia on the steed looking for waters that have not been decimated by locals with a DNR release schedule and a full can of corn.

http://s847.photobucket.com/user/rhe...0939e.jpg.html

Looking forward to Spring.

Rich

R100RS Sold, R80RT Sold, 1150RT Traded, RC51 Sold, KLR685 Sold, W650 Sold, CB1100F Traded, 1100S BCR Traded
rheritage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 09:56 PM   #111
rodteague
Enjoying the ride

Oddometer: 268
Aaaaah! Two of my great passions(there are seven); motorcycles and fly fishing. Hope to intertwine both this spring. Great thread, glad I found it!

Regards

Rod

http://libertytreeblogs.blogspot.com

My Multi Purpose Sportster (MPS)

rodteague screwed with this post 02-09-2014 at 03:13 PM
rodteague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 10:13 PM   #112
Arte
Stuck in the 80's

Oddometer: 1,503
Quote:
Originally Posted by doorman View Post
I've decided to teach myself to fly fish. My wife is away for work for the next 3 months, which leaves me a great deal of free time, so I figure what better time to learn. So far the only practice I've had is casting in the yard.

I've been dreaming for this scenario to go to AK on my own for 30 days solo...

" If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain and bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself " - Max Ehrmann
Chiapas Ride 2013
Arte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 02:37 PM   #113
oldgnarly
n00b

Oddometer: 7
motofishing

Hey more people out there doing the same. Riding to good fishing spots. I really should be doing more day rides to get out. So far just been doing week long camping trips. Meet a friend to fish North of Campbell River, BC. We set up a base camp and then explore the many lakes in the area. Going to post some pics Definitely subscribed.
oldgnarly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 07:05 PM   #114
AGrant
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 255
I will be doing some moto-fishing this spring for warm water species with my 4wt fly rod. I'll be riding my new ride and fishing with all the new flies I tied this winter.

Old 02-12-2014, 11:05 AM   #115
VanXR
nOOb/NooB/noob/NOob/NOOB/

Oddometer: 356
Fishing Mammoth/Bishop area

I can't wait to get on the bike and get a line in the water.

1978 TT500 (Original owner); 07 Yamaha WR450 street legal;03 XR 250 street legal (Mrs. XR)
VanXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 12:31 PM   #116
Geology Rocks
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 458
Are non-fly fishers allowed to post in here?

I have always fly fished but am getting back into spin because its just to dangerous for me to be in the water with my injury. I am hoping to get back inti fly fishing eventually but for now I just need to feel that little twitch when you
Know there is something on the end of your line.
The "Suicide Disease" - Complex Regional Pain Syndrome. The pain never ends
http://www.rsds.org/2/what_is_rsd_crps/
Geology Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 05:44 AM   #117
Fishenough
Team Lurker

Oddometer: 125
Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1gnarly View Post
Hey more people out there doing the same. Riding to good fishing spots. I really should be doing more day rides to get out. So far just been doing week long camping trips. Meet a friend to fish North of Campbell River, BC. We set up a base camp and then explore the many lakes in the area. Going to post some pics Definitely subscribed.
Looking forward to your trip report, please share! I spent 9 years at the Elk Falls mill, and found the north of Vancouver Island an outdoors men paradise.

Nice Nymphs VanXR, obviously a fellow fly tier A nice hobby to enjoy during the mild northern winters.

Fishenough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 12:51 PM   #118
DaLunk
Confused and Bemused

Oddometer: 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geology Rocks View Post
Are non-fly fishers allowed to post in here?

I have always fly fished but am getting back into spin because its just to dangerous for me to be in the water with my injury. I am hoping to get back inti fly fishing eventually but for now I just need to feel that little twitch when you
Know there is something on the end of your line.
As long as you say ten "Hail Orvis's", we can accept your confession of non-flyfishing, but you will always be a second class fisher until you renounce your spinning ways and return to the path of light and goodness.

Of course you're allowed to post. Fishing is fishing. I can relate to your situation, though in reverse. I took up saltwater flyfishing because I injured my shoulder and after the surgery I couldn't even think about casting a surf rod. I took an 8wt the beach to see if that would work and my surf rod has been hanging from the rafters ever since.
Old 03-05-2014, 03:21 PM   #119
doorman OP
Aimless

Oddometer: 221
Woohoo wi early trout season! Hopefully I will be getting out this weekend to throw some flies around. Sadly, I can't take the bike though as the roads are in no shape for 2 wheeled travel.

Motoflyfishing
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=894025
doorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 03:49 PM   #120
Geology Rocks
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 458
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaLunk View Post
As long as you say ten "Hail Orvis's", we can accept your confession of non-flyfishing, but you will always be a second class fisher until you renounce your spinning ways and return to the path of light and goodness.

Of course you're allowed to post. Fishing is fishing. I can relate to your situation, though in reverse. I took up saltwater flyfishing because I injured my shoulder and after the surgery I couldn't even think about casting a surf rod. I took an 8wt the beach to see if that would work and my surf rod has been hanging from the rafters ever since.
for casting a spinner? That's not bad father!
The "Suicide Disease" - Complex Regional Pain Syndrome. The pain never ends
http://www.rsds.org/2/what_is_rsd_crps/
Geology Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote