ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2013, 05:09 PM   #76
ktmMike OP
Coordinator

Oddometer: 1,214
Quote:
Originally Posted by r1ng3l78 View Post
ouch, guess I turned around while I was ahead. sorry to hear it. did you get home under your own steam I hope? turned out that I did drag my belly in that turn so I guess that's why the rear let go on me.

This happened hours after you turned around, AND in a totally different location (Meadowfork Road, a paved open road).

Yet another example of the Madison County Highway Department failing to finish a job properly.

ktmMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 05:15 PM   #77
ktmMike OP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgajohnymac View Post
has one of my Givi E360's somewhere just past the pothole left by the crew putting in a drainage ditch at the private Authur Road. If you happen upon it near a road or perhaps even see it in the river please PM me, hell call me. 828 231 6685. I was headed away from 209 when this happened. We looked for an hour, I even walked a few hundred yards in the creek. Nothing.

Oh yeah it bent both my rims on both sides too.

By the time I got back to the site, you all had gone. I was hoping that meant you had found the Givi Bag. But I fear it has floated clean to Newport by now.

I wonder if Bikesalot's rear-facing camera might confirm if the Givi was still attached to your bike the last time you were in the frame???

ktmMike screwed with this post 07-13-2013 at 06:44 PM
Old 07-13-2013, 07:05 PM   #78
lgajohnymac
(*)

Oddometer: 1,089
Thanks Mike, I was actually right behind you when you doubled back again to see me gone. I just couldn't catch you with the damaged rims. I did as thorough a look see as I think was worth it. I would like to publicly thank you both for helping me for so long. Its not terrible, but I am going to try and go out tomorrow night at dark to look for a reflection before I buy another bag and rain gear.

My ride back only damaged the front rim in addition to the damage done before. The tire eventually lost pressure and the rim flattened out worse than the original damage.

Odd that I was worried that i would break this bike in the dirt before it was paid for

I did double back over baltimore branch to look and be sure. Oh well. Its nice to have you guys to ride with, and help a guy out.

lgajohnymac screwed with this post 07-13-2013 at 07:14 PM
lgajohnymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 07:18 PM   #79
ktmMike OP
Coordinator

Quote:
Thanks Mike, I was actually right behind you when you doubled back again to see me gone. I just couldn't catch you with the damaged rims. I did as thorough a look see as I think was worth it. I would like to publicly thank you both for helping me for so long. Its not terrible, but I am going to try and go out tomorrow night at dark to look for a reflection before I buy another bag and rain gear.

My ride back only damaged the front rim in addition to the damage done before. The tire eventually lost pressure and the rim flattened out worse than the original damage.

Odd that I was worried that i would break this bike in the dirt before it was paid for

I thought you must be in front of me, so I thought I was trying to catch up with you!

You might try googling "aluminum motorcycle wheel repair".
As I remember from some time back, there are a few places that do excellent high tech repair work on one piece wheels. Email them photos with tires removed. They will tell you whether or not they are repairable, and whether or not to ship them. AND you could have them powder coat them bright orange for you too.

ktmMike screwed with this post 07-13-2013 at 07:25 PM
Old 07-14-2013, 05:34 AM   #80
ktmMike OP
Coordinator

Revere Road 7/11/13.

Old 07-14-2013, 08:55 AM   #81
ETrider
Adventurer

Oddometer: 374

That looks very dangerous.
Old 07-14-2013, 09:24 AM   #82
Cuttle
me? what?

Oddometer: 9,339
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmMike View Post

Revere Road 7/11/13.

shoot!

I love that road
Old 07-14-2013, 11:31 AM   #83
Aarrff
Gravel Grinder

Oddometer: 1,575
John, Re: lost case...hate you had such bad luck! Im at mtngals place off Little Creek today. Going out in a bit to take a look...guess you were headed down 209 from Baltimore Branch. I'll call if anything turns up.

R1200GSA, R 80 RT ( adv project )
Honda XR 70 R
Aarrff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 07:11 PM   #84
lgajohnymac
(*)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aarrff View Post
John, Re: lost case...hate you had such bad luck! Im at mtngals place off Little Creek today. Going out in a bit to take a look...guess you were headed down 209 from Baltimore Branch. I'll call if anything turns up.
THanks, I just got back from looking in the truck with the spot light. Roused a neighbor, but no case.

I will keep an eye on craigslist for a black case, or at least a set of fly rain gear, red top, black bottom, boot covers.
Old 07-14-2013, 07:40 PM   #85
John Mellencamp
Adventurer

Oddometer: 40
Well that sucks John sounds like yesterday was a downer :(
Old 07-14-2013, 08:04 PM   #86
Aarrff
Gravel Grinder

Quote:
THanks, I just got back from looking in the truck with the spot light. Roused a neighbor, but no case.

I will keep an eye on craigslist for a black case, or at least a set of fly rain gear, red top, black bottom, boot covers.

We looked down that 70 foot grown up bank but could not see anything. I guess it went down in there and lodged in the growth. ( down below the pile of logs I guess is where it went) What about putting up a notice at Ahn's store and at the Trust Store about it ( Lost motorcycle Case in Meadowfork area...pls call...etc)? People find stuff all the time out here. Maybe this Fall around late September, it might be visible from a walk up the other side of the stream. We know the people ( Carl and Julie) across the stream on the Mountain Harvest Organics farm and so we will mention that to them. Of all places for that to come off

We did not have time to check Baltimore Branch as I think you went across there before Meadowfork?

Honda XR 70 R
Old 07-15-2013, 04:56 AM   #87
lgajohnymac
(*)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aarrff View Post
We looked down that 70 foot grown up bank but could not see anything. I guess it went down in there and lodged in the growth. ( down below the pile of logs I guess is where it went) What about putting up a notice at Ahn's store and at the Trust Store about it ( Lost motorcycle Case in Meadowfork area...pls call...etc)? People find stuff all the time out here. Maybe this Fall around late September, it might be visible from a walk up the other side of the stream. We know the people ( Carl and Julie) across the stream on the Mountain Harvest Organics farm and so we will mention that to them. Of all places for that to come off

We did not have time to check Baltimore Branch as I think you went across there before Meadowfork?
I rode back via baltimore branch just "in case."

I didnt stop to look anywhere because I dont have any reason to think it came off up there, we stopped at the top, and it was secure then...
Old 07-15-2013, 05:07 AM   #88
Aarrff
Gravel Grinder

Well, we are around here all the time soz we'll be keepin' an eye out fer ya! Maybe it will turn up. Does _anatic know? I am headed for my Casa de Haywood this morning so I'll stop and tell Ahn about it. Most people we know around here would not try to sell it but there is always the oddball undesirable in every neighborhood.

Honda XR 70 R
Old 07-15-2013, 04:10 PM   #89
ktmMike OP
Coordinator

. . . and here's Guntertown Road.

Old 07-15-2013, 04:14 PM   #90
lgajohnymac
(*)

Any link to video or pics from the rides? I sure would like to how bad I need to lose a few pounds!