User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2014, 07:59 AM   #271
Loud Al

Oddometer: 3,897
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybug0048 View Post
Thank you. Isn't that the same mountain you got the awesome photo of where it looked like the Mountain was wearing a halo? I was going to see if I could find it but I think that one is buried in a loooooooooooooooong Baja report from 2008.

If it is Mt Shasta then yes

Allan
Loud Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 08:03 AM   #272
redog1
KLR650-2009

Oddometer: 1,793
Thumb Nice pic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loud Al View Post

Old 03-28-2014, 04:41 AM   #273
Ladybug0048 OP
Bug Sister

Oddometer: 10,808
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loud Al View Post
That's it. Thanks for posting it here, I really like that picture.
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 05:27 PM   #274
Ladybug0048 OP
Bug Sister

Baja - - - Sat. Nov 16. Through Sun. Nov. 24

As I said in my last installment I was planning a ride to Baja and doing it with a few of those lifetime friends. How can you beat a deal like that?

If you continue to follow this report you will see there are a few people that pop up over and over. Friends that mean a lot to me, friends that are more like family than friends and have been there for the long haul. These are the friends that I know love me, warts and all. Iím very fortunate to have these people in my life and I appreciate them every day and some days more than others.

I headed to Baja with Becky who has been a friend over 25 years and is more like a sister than a friend. Barry would be along too heís about as special as they come, heís a bit of a surrogate father and has been in my life for about 15 years or so.

Some of you have already read the ride report I did for Baja so Iím not going to put the entire report here but I will give you a few pictures and the link to the report.

Headed for Baja Sat. 11/16/13
Me, Barry (Oldtimer), & Lee (MtLee6), Becky (Rainbow007) not show and Bruce (Airheadbruce) also not shown bring up the rear.

Rancho Ojai Ė East of Tecate Sun. 11/17/13
Me, Lee, Bruce, Barry, and Becky

The road to Laguna Hanson

San Felipe Mon. 11/18/13

Another day in San Felipe Tues. 11/19/13
Baja Sunrises are the best

Thereís my friends
Lee, Bruce, Becky, & Barry

Headed for Gonzga Bay Wed. 11/20/13

The nights in Baja are pretty nice too

A second day in Gonzaga Bay Thurs. 11/21/13
Breakfast time with friends: Lee, Bruce, Barry, & Becky

Donít forget to take the time to enjoy the flowers

It was a rough day for Barry and Bruce

Meanwhile girls just want to have fun.
Becky and Lee

Back to San Felipe 11/22/13
We even managed to find rain in Baja.

If you donít like riding in the rain, fly for awhile

Heading North 11/23/13
Another beautiful Baja sunrise.

Whatís Baja without a flat tire? Lee getting a little help from friends.

The last leg 11/24/13
Barry peels off to head for his sisterís house while we continue on to San Diego.

See the full ride report here - - - >
AARP Gone Wild~Baja Style 2013
Old 03-29-2014, 07:04 PM   #275
redog1
KLR650-2009

Thumb

Old 04-27-2014, 09:31 AM   #276
Ladybug0048 OP
Bug Sister

Winter

Winter is something I used to enjoy and actually look forward to but that was a lifetime ago when I rode my dirt bike in the spring and fall, my street bike in the summer and snowmobiled in the winter. Now winter is something I just work at getting through while waiting for dual sport riding season to return.

During the Christmas/New Year holiday I have my own tradition of going to the east side of Coeur dí Alene Lake (Idaho) and watching the eagles that come in every year. Often I have people that want to join me in my tradition but sadly most of them get bored with it very rapidly. It takes about 5 minutes for their eyes to roll to the back of their head in boredom and I can see "can we leave now?" written on their face. There has only been one person that has gone out there with me that seemed to enjoy it as much as I do. Lucky for me itís not far so when my friends get bored I can take them home and return at another time and enjoy the eagles to my hearts content.

Since I donít have the camera equipment to get good photos of the majestic birds this is all you get.

My housemates, Wilbur and Otis, know how to get through winter.

Meanwhile I spend my winter dreaming about rides to come.

While most of the Nation was buried under piles of snow and cold weather Spokane was pretty mild this year. Even midwinter there was beauty in the neighborhood, cold but pretty.

Spring has sprung.
Old 04-27-2014, 12:11 PM   #277
Ladybug0048 OP
Bug Sister

Radioman rode the world

In December 2013
Radioman returned from his two and a half-year RTW and it was announced he would be doing a slide presentation about his ride at BMW Motorcycles of Western Oregon in Tigard, OR. Since Iím a Radioman fan there is no way I would miss that.

Radioman is an incredible person and I donít think there is anyone he has met that he doesnít consider a friend. Iím thrilled he considers me a friend.

The presentation was scheduled for Friday January 17, 2014. I decided to take the day off work so I could enjoy my drive to Tigard, OR rather than having to rush over there after work. As is normal for me I plotted a route with some geocaching along the way. This is another pickup trip since January is just a little too early and too cold for me to ride.

It was a little bit frosty when I left Spokane Valley but I was treated to a beautiful sunrise and that always makes my day.

As I headed into
Ralston, WA (all two blocks of it) I decided to stop and look around and was greeted by the welcoming committee.

There is a small park with a sign telling about the area.

My pickup was being well guarded. Good puppy

Later I discovered there is a geocache about 200 ft. from where I was parked and didnít realize it while I was there. Guess Iíll just need to go back but on a motorcycle the next time.

On to
Washtucna, WA There isnít a geocache here but I found this:

Just in case you need a rest stop.

Moving on, I have miles to make and Iím shooting for Palouse Falls before heading toward the Portland area.

Taking a short-cut I found a couple roads I havenít been on before and it looks like I need to bring the Superbug down here to do some exploring.

Back on 261

Old 04-27-2014, 04:45 PM   #278
Ladybug0048 OP
Bug Sister

Back in my street riding days the two-mile dirt road was always fun to see who would tackle it on their street bikes and who wouldn't. Itís always been an easy road to ride but in those street riding days there were riders that wouldnít tempt it on their pretty shiny bikes.

Palouse Falls State Park

The nice thing about going places in January when itís still stinking cold out is I get the entire place to myself. The falls drops 198 feet and is one of the many examples of Mother Natureís wonderful handy work.

The mist and fog coming from the falls created pretty crystals on the pebbles along the bank.

Time to go find the geocache I came for.

This looks like a good hiding place, I hope there arenít any sneaky snakes in there.

Thereís the cache and there are no critters guarding it.

This is part of the
Washington State Park Centennial Geo Tour

I needed this stamp on my "passport".

Choo Choo Ė This track is still active however I havenít seen a train go through. I bet the cars are real close to those banks.

To me this looks like a cross between a turkey and a porcupine.

The walk in the park and seeing the fall was very nice and I enjoyed it thoroughly but again it was time to make time.

A nice pleasant looking farm along the way.

Arriving in Tigard, OR I checked into my room and called liv2rydktms and we made plans to meet for dinner before the presentation. 650X aka Steep/Alan wanted to head to the presentation early so we got to have girl talk over dinner. I donít get to see liv2rydktms aka Rocky/Katy often enough so it was a special treat to be able to spend a little time with her.

After dinner and a nice visit we went on to
BMW Motorcycles of Western Oregon . They had a food cart and everyone was given a $5 coupon for food at the cart. There were a number of ADVers lined up waiting for food. I was able to make my way down the line gathering hugs from everyone. That made my day. 

Mark aka
Radioman did a great job with the presentations, explaining how he ended up taking this ride and showing slides of the highlights.

I followed his ride on the
Radioman Rides the World thread as well as facebook so I had already seen the photos but it was nice to hear him tell about the ride as well.

Where he went.

After the presentation everyone was able to visit a little then a number of people went to a bar and grill near by for food, drinks and more visiting. Radioman, IdahoSam and myself got a little carried away with visiting and stayed long enough we were politely told the place was closing up and we needed to leave.

It was a very enjoyable day and an even better evening shared with wonderful people and it wasnít done I would get to meet everyone the next day for lunch . . . . .
Old 04-27-2014, 06:42 PM   #279
Ladybug0048 OP
Bug Sister

Saturday morning when I got up I had a lot of time to kill before the 2:00 PM lunch meet up. I went out for breakfast, hung out in my room some then went for a drive. I looked up some geocaches to go find which took me to Mt. Tabor. Unfortunately the park was very busy and there wasnít much available in the way of parking so I gave up on that idea.

BSkye had planned a meetup at a pizza place in Portland and I wanted to do that before I headed home. There was a good turn out and a wonderful afternoon visiting with ADVers.

Some of the people had already taken off by the time we headed out to the parking lot and started taking pictures.

These two guys were doing some girl watching (thatís my story ).
Ken aka Mortimersicke/Pickle and Mark aka Radioman.

Here comes one now. . .
Barb aka BSkye Ė Thanks, Barb for setting up lunch.

Karla, she doesnít post enough Ė I canít remember her ADV name.

Motomuffin aka Ramona and Krista aka Nopochicken.

Barb and Karla

There isnít an overabundance of ADVriding women so when we have more than a couple of us in one place itís fun. We had to get a picture of all of us together. Gotta keep an eye on Motormuffin sheís always up to something.

Thanks Mark for doing the slide show presentation it was fun having a reason to run over to Portland for the weekend and getting to see everyone is always a blast.

I had decided that if lunch broke up by 4:00 pm I would head home, if it went later I would stay another night. Everyone was headed off by 4:00 so I headed home. IdahoSam had left about 30 minutes earlier than I did and he was headed back to Boise. Sam and I touched bases after we were both back home to make sure we each had arrived safe and sound.
Old 04-27-2014, 08:40 PM   #280
Loud Al

Oddometer: 3,897
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybug0048 View Post

I'm still enjoying your story and I really like this picture.

Allan
Loud Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 04:51 AM   #281
Ladybug0048 OP
Bug Sister

Thank you
Old 04-28-2014, 01:19 PM   #282
redog1
KLR650-2009

Thumb

I'm still here too.
Old 04-28-2014, 08:35 PM   #283
Ladybug0048 OP
Bug Sister

I'm glad you're still around too.

At least I have the two of you to show pictures to and tell you about my travels.
Old 04-28-2014, 08:53 PM   #284
Me4speed
Dirt/pavement=Relief

Oddometer: 32
Talking Missing home

Hey ladybug, been reading your travels , and your making me miss home, been out in the middle east for the last three years, and have never heard of geocache, but think I will start doing it, bad part is when I come home next I will be moving to Kentucky, with out a doubt going to miss the Spokane/ CDA area, I believe it to be some of the most beautiful country in the world, Keep it up right, the wind in your hair, and the sun at your back. think I'm going to start taking my daughter on geocache trips. thank you for your travels.
Old 04-29-2014, 04:47 AM   #285
Ladybug0048 OP
Bug Sister

Hi, maybe one day you will be able to return to the PNW, it's a pretty good place to be. Enjoy taking your daughter geocaching to me it's sort of like an Easter egg hunt.