Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-2013, 07:03 PM   #76
Qwik
Two Wheeled Addict

Oddometer: 6,030
I manage a small towing and recovery company in the Palo Alto/Mountain View California area. I do a weekend shift that allows me Monday to Friday off work so I can ride, power kite, and hang with my family. I take a couple short trips a year and am hoping to make the rally in steamboat springs this year.
Old 06-19-2013, 04:40 AM   #77
MookieBlaylock
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,581
pimp
MookieBlaylock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 07:46 AM   #78
To neater
n00b

Oddometer: 5
What do I do?

I am 59, a retired school administrator....currently running a Charter School for HS students interested in engineering. Married x2; 3 kids from first marriage 30,28 and 24. Two boys and I were way into dirt biking and turkey runs but now I am going more towards dual and adventure riding on my KTM 990! Love mountain biking with my daughter who is in graduate school, working out warrior style and enjoying my life. After all it is a matter of choice...at least that is what I tell myself!
To neater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 12:19 PM   #79
desert sky
Adventurer

Oddometer: 40
Laugh

I am 58 years old and am a life long Alaskan boy. A retired road and airport builder, I now work part-time in the field to pay for my bucket list toys. My mechanical passions are snowmobiling in the winters in Alaska (including a 1,000 mile Iron Dog Trail Class ride every year), then flying to the southern Nevada desert (Pahrump, Nevada) 5 times a year to run my 2003 EXC 450 and brand new Baja Adventure. Life is good and I am blessed with a wonderful wife and family, including my extended family in Pahrump that allows me to store my bikes there - and not far from Jimmy Lewis' riding school HQ.
desert sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 04:50 PM   #80
Mybrainheadache
Adventurer

Oddometer: 49
That's Me

55 years old....Sales Engineering, Energy and HVAC...same company 29 years....jeeesh...really ? Love / Hate relationship with my job....mostly hate after all these years...seen a ton in y life...been into all kinds of facilities....lots of manufacturing processes...lot's of crazy wacky stupid and good customers...
Grew up riding...have done almost all....Motocross, Flattrack, Ice Racing, Road Racing, National Senior Trials Champ in 97'....drove Trucks, Bulldozers and everything with a motor....can't wait to retire...no kids...no wife...let's roll....tired of working 60 hours a week....downsized and ready
Mybrainheadache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 05:17 PM   #81
Noth
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 128
I am 63, soon to be 64... married for 40 years and employed as a commercial insurance broker for large middle market business. I am considering retirement, but really haven't made any decisions about that yet.. I do know that I'm tired of people but am very fond of friends.. and many of my best clients are friends.. I specialize in educational institutions, human service agencies and labor unions.. I make a good living in a field that never gets old (believe it or not). I started riding after boredom set in when I sold my 30 Ft. sailboat 5years ago after running that all over the place up and down the East Coast single handed (my wife hated it).. So I started riding and love it.. wife won't go along, but that's nothing new.. I had a big trip planned for months up into Northern New England, but life has imposed duties.. I have to drive with my brother out to my Mothers home in Michigan to try to talk her into some sort of supported living arrangement..This trip is suddenly at the same time as my planned trip, but I will still try..

I grew up in Michigan and went to college in Athens, OH at Ohio University and majored in theatre (acting) there.. got married and went to work for an insurance company in their claims dept (Aetna Casualty & Surety - RIP) .. They sent me to law school and that started me on a career path focused on litigation and later on sales to customers that need my special skill set.. do that's it.. I have put 5500 miles on my 2012 Burgman 650 in the last 13 months and 6000 miles on a Piaggio MP3 500 over 2 years before that.. so I am still learning. slow but surely..
Noth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 09:56 AM   #82
HeatXfer
Bad knees

Oddometer: 520
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noth View Post
I grew up in Michigan and went to college in Athens, OH at Ohio University and majored in theatre (acting) there..
My Dad's alma-matter, class of '51. Have family up & down the river there. Funny thing thing is, I went to EMU.
HeatXfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 03:33 PM   #83
Noth
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatXfer View Post
My Dad's alma-matter, class of '51. Have family up & down the river there. Funny thing thing is, I went to EMU.
Ohio U.. Berkley of the back woods.. Harvard on the Hocking... I graduated in 1972.. Just after Kent State.. campus closed down th eyear befoe.. decided I was not fond of pepper gas.. a different time.. commitments were made then to principle..
Noth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 05:36 PM   #84
HeatXfer
Bad knees

Oddometer: 520
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noth View Post
Ohio U.. Berkley of the back woods.. ..
So, you're saying the local mushrooms were as good in '72 as they were in '51?
HeatXfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 05:37 PM   #85
Katoom72
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 824
Factory employee
'00 KTM 250sx -- '03 KTM 450sx -- '03 Yamaha R6 -- '08 KTM SuperDuke R --- '13 KTM 690 enduro R
Katoom72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 06:50 PM   #86
Mybrainheadache
Adventurer

Oddometer: 49
Old Saying

Most Men Live Their Life In Quiet Desperation.....
Mybrainheadache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 03:15 AM   #87
Tancakar
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 357
I am 30 years old . Working in one of Mayfair 's most exclusive salons in London.
I am a colour technician, colouring hair.. Married for about 7 years. Wife drives the car and I ride the bike . :)
Tancakar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 07:07 AM   #88
ShoelessJoe
DefromisSedSupendium

Oddometer: 108
Have to to say that I've always wondered what some of you guys do for a living. It is pretty interesting all the different occupations here on the OC. Seems we have a little of everthing, lawyers, students, soldiers, civil service and lots of small business owners.

As for me, retired army pilot (Apaches). 42 years old, wife and two boys (13 and 18). I retired in early 2010 and was lucky enough to get a contracting job that allows me to keep flying 64s. Currently I'm helping train the Dutch Air Force here in the states.

Started doing more dirt/adventure riding just before I retired. Needed some adrenaline replacement therapy as I moved off active duty.

Me on my last deployment
ShoelessJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 07:39 AM   #89
DutchVDub
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 789
29 year old SSG in the CO Army National Guard. I work full time for the state as a diesel mechanic maintaining our trucks and equipment. I've been in the military for 12 years now.
Old 06-21-2013, 11:00 AM   #90
eshelton
Adventurer

Oddometer: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by hennessyktm View Post
This is not your normal OC/ADV rider post, at least I dont think it is.

Here I am, at work, half way around the wolrd, and longing/wishing to ride, I wonder what YOU do for a living. If you are willing to expose yourself...not physically...please entertain; I'd love to know.

How often do you get to take off and go on a prolonged adventure? Maybe I need to get into your line of work, because riding is a top priority for me.

For me, I'm a Soldier. I get to ride to/from work, but that doesn't really count. I take longer rides on the weekends when I can and I'll get a prolonged ADV in a couple times a year tops...thats not enough for this guy.
Thanks for what you do. I have a car dealership and NEVER get to ride but my employees get to somethings not right that.
eshelton is offline   Reply With Quote