Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-20-2013, 07:48 AM   #181
roadholder
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,372
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumpermeister View Post
Yeah, not too often you move from a satellite bike to a works ride for less performance! Not sure of the details of his contract but I'm sure Ducati threw money at him...plus works team prestige and Italian nationalism all big factors.
Dovi was really impressing me last year.
I'm sure Ducati compensated him well, but yes, he has gone from podium finishes and top satellite team rider to top-10 finishes behind the works Yamaha and Honda plus a couple satellite team entries!
roadholder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 09:36 AM   #182
brents347
Trusting my Cape...

Oddometer: 3,498
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pecha72 View Post
I only said, that IF Marquez had not gone down a few laps before the finish in Italy, then he could have beaten Pedrosa in every other race this year. But he went down, and now itīs 4-2. Surely Pedrosa has been a bit wiser, and it shows on the points table. Just meant to say, that MM already gets frighteningly close to DP, and thatīs remarkable, when you think how little experience he still has on MotoGP (and also remember, how well DP is performing right now).
Both Honda riders are performing very, very well to this point in the season. I would imagine Honda must be pleased, more so than Yamaha who has only 1 rider in contention. And the fact that MM is there is really beyond impressive to me. And in a rookie year.... do MotoGP riders ever have a sophomore slump? Spies' second year on the factory Yamaha I quess....

01 Kawasaki KE100
74 Honda MR50
brents347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 03:09 PM   #183
Mike Yanagita
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 307
Quote:
Originally Posted by brents347 View Post
do MotoGP riders ever have a sophomore slump?
Biaggi.

Dovi, somewhat; did less well on the factory Honda than he did on the satellite.
Mike Yanagita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 07:23 PM   #184
stevie88
That's gotta hurt

Oddometer: 17,671
Quote:
Originally Posted by brents347 View Post
Both Honda riders are performing very, very well to this point in the season. I would imagine Honda must be pleased, more so than Yamaha who has only 1 rider in contention. And the fact that MM is there is really beyond impressive to me. And in a rookie year.... do MotoGP riders ever have a sophomore slump? Spies' second year on the factory Yamaha I quess....
Spies had some front row starts, podium finishes and won a race his sophomore year.