ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2013, 07:15 AM   #16
COXR650L OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,453
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanb777 View Post
Unlikely that I can get the time off. But I sure would like to.
Im sure you will have some eye problems around then. Just wont be able to see your self coming in to work
COXR650L is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 02:52 PM   #17
Assfault
Exposed Member

Oddometer: 2,084
Quote:
Originally Posted by COXR650L View Post
Im sure you will have some eye problems around then. Just wont be able to see your self coming in to work
I think thats called Retinal Rectum Labor Disorder.
I cant see my @ss coming to work disease.
* Assfault, Ass-Fault, Ms Ass, thier neighbors or friends, are not responsible for any incidents, accidents, or accusations, that might result from you using this forum in the pursuit of adventure greatness. Avoid taking ADV before bed time. Do not use if you experince faintness, dizzniess, inversness, difficulty urinating or an erection lasting longer than 4 hours. Thank you*
Assfault is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 06:40 PM   #18
COXR650L OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assfault View Post
I think thats called Retinal Rectum Labor Disorder.
I cant see my @ss coming to work disease.

LOL ya I have a bad case of that right now

So you going to be in town for Westfest Bash

Also I still need to mail you that GPS mount from Canyonlands, sorry its taken so long.
Old 06-12-2013, 07:19 PM   #19
Assfault
Exposed Member

Oddometer: 2,084
Quote:
LOL ya I have a bad case of that right now

So you going to be in town for Westfest Bash

Also I still need to mail you that GPS mount from Canyonlands, sorry its taken so long.
It would be nice to be there, and I will if I;m around and in the state. Even if it is for a day. Takes all of 2 hours to get there, so thats a possibility. Dont worry about the mount, im not using the non-powered versions. Hell just keep it, or donate it in the raffle thing.
* Assfault, Ass-Fault, Ms Ass, thier neighbors or friends, are not responsible for any incidents, accidents, or accusations, that might result from you using this forum in the pursuit of adventure greatness. Avoid taking ADV before bed time. Do not use if you experince faintness, dizzniess, inversness, difficulty urinating or an erection lasting longer than 4 hours. Thank you*
Assfault is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 09:03 AM   #20
COXR650L OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assfault View Post
It would be nice to be there, and I will if I;m around and in the state. Even if it is for a day. Takes all of 2 hours to get there, so thats a possibility. Dont worry about the mount, im not using the non-powered versions. Hell just keep it, or donate it in the raffle thing.
LOL ok, so we can list Assfault's Montana GPS mount as another raffle prize.

Thanks, I owe you one!

Also,

I just spoke with following companies and they have all committed to donating prizes and said the stuff is shipping out today:

-Giant Loop (they said the stuff is in the mail so Im not sure what they are sending, but I can bet it will be good)

-Britannia Composites is sending a voucher for a custom faring

-CJ Designs is sending a lot of custom KTM stuff. I am really looking forward to opening the box when it gets in

-Rocket Moto is sending a bunch of various items. Ill report back when I get the stuff

The sponsors have really stepped up and given some great stuff this year. We have dozens and dozens of raffle prizes, all great gear. If you are at Westfest there is a good chance you will be walking away with some sweet stuff

Free moto gear, good people, awesome riding, free shuttles to enjoy Deerhammer, BBQ and live music, what else is there for a summer weekend away

Here is the current IN list if anyone is interested (updated list is in the main thread):

Group Tent Camping
Siyeh
Meterpig
LuluofDenver
Eddyturn
Cozmoedog
Brav
Jstory
Hiflynbrd
Wyostorm+Wife
Durielk
Binskies
Docwyte
Wee-Twin+Brother
Aimlessamy
Scribe
Tommyg2bad
Greenlamp
Snaggletooth374+1
Dmacconaghy+2
Spokenerd & Elledubs
Night Rider
Corndogger
Hockman
Dmac1

Westfest Registration Only (most are RV camping at Arrowhead)
Trailwerks
Dirty Skwerl
Notsofastdave
Clang
Uzume
Graydale
Pablo83
Rual Duke
GJ650rider
TeamJunk
Akasy
Budlight +Wife
Ridefreak
_CJ
Rinoman
Vraesch
Delta21+Wife
Skilletdawg & Sissie
Cactus Bob+Daughter
SgtMarty+LaurieD
Big Bike+Wife
Patj551
CaptRick

COXR650L screwed with this post 06-13-2013 at 09:21 PM
Old 06-13-2013, 07:11 PM   #21
Pablo83
Sleep, Wrench, Ride

Oddometer: 4,785
I guess it's about time for me to start planning some rides at WF. I've got one tough day of singletrack that I want to do. At the 2009 WF I led a ride up American Flag Mountain (I need to find that thread). I should probably lead another ride up that mountain again; it was a real crowd-pleaser.
Pablo83 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 08:26 PM   #22
COXR650L OP
Beastly Adventurer

That would be great if you take some people up there Paul. American Flag is a must do for any one that has not done it before. The cool thing is you can do a sweet DS loop up to the Mtn, or tie it into any of the single track.

A few pictures of American Flag Mtn for anyone who has not been before

Me and my Dad on top...

I think this will be a really FUN weekend
Old 06-13-2013, 09:01 PM   #23
Raul Duke
DROC

Oddometer: 1,760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo83 View Post
I've got one tough day of singletrack that I want to do.
Timberline? In its entirety? After doing 200 miles? After a rain? At night?

Childs play.

You come up with one route, I'll come up with another, and we can see who can hit the most gnar in a day.
COHVCO
TPA
Raul Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 10:39 PM   #24
Pablo83
Sleep, Wrench, Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul Duke View Post
You come up with one route, I'll come up with another, and we can see who can hit the most gnar in a day.
I've got a better idea; let's plan each others routes.

Seriously though, I'm thinking of a mini-MonkeyButt route. Start early and do Lily Pond and Am. Flag Mtn. Some people will be happy with that and will want to head back; those who are looking for a real challenge can continue on the same route that we did day 2 of last year's MonkeyButt: Reno Ridge, Deadman, Block and Tackle, Pearl Pass, Taylor Pass. More people will want to peel off at this point, but the idiots could continue on to that other trail that I forget the name of and if we have enough daylight to squeeze in Fossil Ridge at the end of the day that would make for a pretty epic ride. Then I think we would need to come back on Hancock or something like that.

That's going to be a long day, I should probably plan that on Saturday.

Pablo83 screwed with this post 06-13-2013 at 10:46 PM
Old 06-14-2013, 06:58 AM   #25
COXR650L OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
I've got a better idea; let's plan each others routes.

Seriously though, I'm thinking of a mini-MonkeyButt route. Start early and do Lily Pond and Am. Flag Mtn. Some people will be happy with that and will want to head back; those who are looking for a real challenge can continue on the same route that we did day 2 of last year's MonkeyButt: Reno Ridge, Deadman, Block and Tackle, Pearl Pass, Taylor Pass. More people will want to peel off at this point, but the idiots could continue on to that other trail that I forget the name of and if we have enough daylight to squeeze in Fossil Ridge at the end of the day that would make for a pretty epic ride. Then I think we would need to come back on Hancock or something like that.

That's going to be a long day, I should probably plan that on Saturday.

I like the sounds of that. You would get to see all the highlights of Taylor in one day How many miles do you think it would be?

Question is will we be recovered yet after the MB500 (by the way I got the time off for the MB so...)
Old 06-14-2013, 01:36 PM   #26
Pablo83
Sleep, Wrench, Ride

Quote:
Question is will we be recovered yet after the MB500 (by the way I got the time off for the MB so...)
I'll have a week to recover, then another week to fix my bike, so the timing should be about right.
Old 06-14-2013, 02:01 PM   #27
Pablo83
Sleep, Wrench, Ride

Quote:

I like the sounds of that. You would get to see all the highlights of Taylor in one day How many miles do you think it would be?
I just drew it up in MapSource. Looks like 201 miles from the center of BV. I'm not sure that's going to work. I'd like to ride other days besides just Saturday. Maybe I'll shoot for a 120-ish mile tour of south Taylor on Friday and the same length of North Taylor on Saturday.
Old 06-14-2013, 05:42 PM   #28
COXR650L OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
I just drew it up in MapSource. Looks like 201 miles from the center of BV. I'm not sure that's going to work. I'd like to ride other days besides just Saturday. Maybe I'll shoot for a 120-ish mile tour of south Taylor on Friday and the same length of North Taylor on Saturday.
You scared Ya that would be a really loooong day. Even 120 would take its toll. So you planning on hitting Timberline at all?
Old 06-14-2013, 05:56 PM   #29
Pablo83
Sleep, Wrench, Ride

Quote:
So you planning on hitting Timberline at all?
No. I hate Timberline. I will never ride Timberline again. Unless I get a lighter bike. Or Ryan makes me.
Old 06-14-2013, 07:40 PM   #30
Osprey!
a.k.a. Opie

Oddometer: 3,941
I'm in! This will be an epic event, exceeding all expectations. Can't wait!