Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2013, 04:02 AM   #16
Ockrocket
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,045
QBE for my bikes.

I always get a good price from them.

"All roads lead to now."

I love snatching kisses..... and vice versa.
Ockrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 11:16 AM   #17
stormsearcher
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 971
qbe

QBE car and bike. wrote of 2 bikes, 1 car ( that hit me).no questions, best service. All paid out.
Get a quote from any cheap insurer ,:ask QBE to match it.
Old 06-12-2013, 01:34 PM   #18
Rider 101
Wannabe adventurer

Oddometer: 713
missed point

I probably didn't make my point clear. We got the renewal for house and contents from AAMI and it had increased by almost $900 in 12 months. Rang around for quotes; Youi would do for almost $800 less. Got back to AAMI and after a brief discussion they dropped the quote by over $800. I suppose my point is shop around. I will be ringing Shannons today for a renewal quote ( our good mail service hasn't delivered renewal notice ) and if I am not happy QBE will be getting a call. See which one wants my money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdog View Post
I really cant see them knocking $800 off a $1359 premium, and if they did I'd tell them to shove it out of principaI. I'll be going with QBE at that price, if swann cant beat it.I have my house & contents insured with QBE[ irrelevant to the quote as they didnt ask if i had other policies with them] and have made a claim with absolutely no hassle whatso ever.
Rider 101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 02:20 PM   #19
Auntie_BB
thread killer

Oddometer: 250
I don't have the figures with me, but I found Shannons a couple of hundred cheaper than QBE. Probably because I have my bike listed as extreme limited use i.e. only used once a month. Which is true. The bike does only make it out of my garage once every 4 to 6 weeks. It's not my fault that I then ride 1000km in a weekend

Auntie_BB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 02:34 PM   #20
CrazyZ9
More sheds

Oddometer: 134
GIO is about $200 cheaper than QBE and NRMA was half way between to insure my Voyager, also read the fine print NRMA and GIO cover a lot stuff that QBE dosn't, I will most likely go with NRMA it's a better deal if you have a stack a couple thousand K's from home.
Old 06-12-2013, 03:05 PM   #21
Idratherberiding
my KTM 950 Adventure!

Oddometer: 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyZ9 View Post
GIO is about $200 cheaper than QBE and NRMA was half way between to insure my Voyager, also read the fine print NRMA and GIO cover a lot stuff that QBE dosn't, I will most likely go with NRMA it's a better deal if you have a stack a couple thousand K's from home.
I started out with Swann Insurance and shopped around (including NRMA), each renewal time. Swann kept coming up cheapest for the most cover on a new bike so all good for several years even though I have other insurance with NRMA.
I kept questioning NRMA why they didn't match others for bike insurance and up until two years back kept getting fobbed off. Swann rates kept going up and NRMA seems to have had an epithany at that time.
Result?
I now have a greater agreed value insurance than I have ever had, and that for a cheaper premium than I have ever had, with NRMA...

It is worth shopping around.
I've travelled a long way,
~ and most of the roads weren't paved!
Idratherberiding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 03:19 PM   #22
itsgunnahurt
Gravity Enhanced!

Oddometer: 1,834
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auntie_BB View Post
I don't have the figures with me, but I found Shannons a couple of hundred cheaper than QBE. Probably because I have my bike listed as extreme limited use i.e. only used once a month. Which is true. The bike does only make it out of my garage once every 4 to 6 weeks. It's not my fault that I then ride 1000km in a weekend
That's a good point. If discounts are on offer for various reasons eg low km, age, club membership, named riders, then make sure you take them or at least ask about them to see if it applies to you.
And if you bought the bike under finance, but have paid it off, chase it up with the insurance company too, don't wait for the finance company to do it for you.
Old 06-12-2013, 03:25 PM   #23
slowbike smallpenis
Tester of Tooheys Old

Oddometer: 19,401
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneAgain View Post
surprised QBE came in so cheap.... my understanding is they dont really want to insure bikes..

QBE will better any price quoted as long as you send them the quote - Ive tried it and they have
Old 06-12-2013, 03:41 PM   #24
GoneAgain
Huh?

Oddometer: 1,509
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbike smallpenis View Post
QBE will better any price quoted as long as you send them the quote - Ive tried it and they have

when you get a quote for nearly 4 grand from QBE to insure an F800GS, you dont bother trying to get them down a bit... , went with Swann for about $450.

GoneAgain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 03:54 PM   #25
slowbike smallpenis
Tester of Tooheys Old

Oddometer: 19,401
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneAgain View Post
when you get a quote for nearly 4 grand from QBE to insure an F800GS, you dont bother trying to get them down a bit... , went with Swann for about $450.

Not being privy to the criteria you put down in the application I can only go on my experience with them. ... from the web site.

PRICE GUARANTEE CONDITIONS: We guarantee to beat our competitors price on motorcycle insurance policies excluding our Platinum Cover. The Guarantee also applies to existing QBE motorcycle insurance polices that are on renewal. Price guarantee is based on our standard price compared to competitors.

http://www.qbe.com.au/Personal/Motor...Insurance.html
Old 06-12-2013, 04:23 PM   #26
Rider 101
Wannabe adventurer

Oddometer: 713
quotes

F800gs Shannons $461, QBE $391. Similar cover and conditions. same address, postcode etc.
Rider 101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 05:12 PM   #27
GazzaFish
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 572
Quote:
Originally Posted by SYDADVGS View Post
+1 for QBE

For my bikes in my post code no-one can come close
+1 for QBE. Had one bike written off, no problems at all. Next bike got stolen and I was interogated quite a bit which annoyed me but in the end, once they were convinced i was not doing fraud, they paid up no problems. My current bike is still with QBE but I did have to prove to them I had improved the security on my garage (where the pricks stole my bike from previosly) before they would cover me which is fair enough in my opinion...
GazzaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 06:13 PM   #28
Red Dust
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 423
Got 2 of my bikes with Shannons since they are modified and Shannons accept those mods plus agreed value and buy back guarantee if it is a write off.
Good to deal with but their quote for a XT1200 was a bit high at around $920 compared to insure my ride for $475.
Getting a bit expensive with 3 bikes and hardly ride 2 of them so I might shop around, loved when e bike was around since you more or less only paid for one bike premium even if you had more, can not ride more than one at a time anyway!
Red Dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 12:15 AM   #29
Eric66
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 270
I saw on TV last night that most of the insurance companies are owned by the one company, Suncorp I think they said.
Regards Eric
Eric66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 02:10 AM   #30
glitch_oz
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,644
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric66 View Post
I saw on TV last night that most of the insurance companies are owned by the one company, Suncorp I think they said.
Regards Eric
Yup Suncorp owns all sorts of names and mobs, which more often than not cover the whole spectrum of the insurance offerings out there....top+bottom end of the market and much in between.
Suncorp= https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suncorp_Group
http://www.insurerwatchdog.net/index.php/warning

Quote:
AAMI INSURANCE,
AUTOSURE BRANDS (NZ).
AUSTRALIAN ALLIANCE INSURANCE,
AUSTRALIAN PENSIONERS INSURANCE, APIA,
ASTERON,
BINGLE,
CIL,
CMV/AXIOM,
COMPREHENSIVE TRAVEL INSURANCE