Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-21-2013, 12:56 PM   #16
Tancakar OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
Something wrong there, mine reads between 48 and 53 mpg (uk) and i haven't exactly taken it easy. No smell of fuel either, so i would get yours back to the dealer

Are you sure its not leaking our an overflow or something?? Smell of fuel and excess consumption could mean a leak
I didn't notice any leak
Tancakar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 02:59 AM   #17
mobileman
West Lothian

Oddometer: 35
Get it back to the dealer asap then, if its not leaking the maps either way out or some component is pumping far too much fuel through your engine.

I am really impressed with the economy from such a big bike, and i haven't been gentle on the throttle. This bike just wants to go!!
mobileman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 03:12 AM   #18
Tancakar OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
Get it back to the dealer asap then, if its not leaking the maps either way out or some component is pumping far too much fuel through your engine.

I am really impressed with the economy from such a big bike, and i haven't been gentle on the throttle. This bike just wants to go!!

The funny thing is today when I really hammer the bike the consumption goes up to 31.5 mpg from 29 mpg . The bike is at the dealer they are going to ride it also plug it in to the computer. Dealer said they can look again the mapping .

I also though it burns oil but today I check my oil level and it was perfect. In the forum there was a talking about the white smoke from the exhaust . When you first start the bike I do get it sometime very small amount .

Anyway today it will be sorted hopefully
Old 06-22-2013, 05:34 AM   #19
Unruled
950S

Oddometer: 111
Won't be a leak. If it were a leak, the computer would indicate the right consumption. If the computer were off, the refills wouldn't be any more expensive.

Both the petrol station and the computer indicate high consumption, that means it likes to drink. Could just be the tuning isn't right... Rich setup smells like petrol too.
Old 06-22-2013, 12:03 PM   #20
Tancakar OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unruled View Post
Won't be a leak. If it were a leak, the computer would indicate the right consumption. If the computer were off, the refills wouldn't be any more expensive.

Both the petrol station and the computer indicate high consumption, that means it likes to drink. Could just be the tuning isn't right... Rich setup smells like petrol too.
yes today the plug it i to the computer and they RESET all the mapping again . they want me to try it for a week and then we will se they say.
So far so good ! two up,panniers on , street mode in city 33.7 mpg which is fair enough but the bike feels alot better ! i am sure in open road it will be alot better . i will let everyone know about this but for know it does seem like it was just a tuning issue which is sorted.
Old 06-22-2013, 04:47 PM   #21
Viajaendl
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tancakar View Post
yes today the plug it i to the computer and they RESET all the mapping again . they want me to try it for a week and then we will se they say.
So far so good ! two up,panniers on , street mode in city 33.7 mpg which is fair enough but the bike feels alot better ! i am sure in open road it will be alot better . i will let everyone know about this but for know it does seem like it was just a tuning issue which is sorted.
What a GREAT new. Congrats for having a nice KTM now. Tell us how it seems for now long please!

Congrats again, GREAT bike, just a little issue
Viajaendl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 07:52 PM   #22
paturoa
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 211
Only 2 fills and 6.3 l/100 or 44.7 mpg (UK) so far. Mostly commuting so far, not too many longer runs but saw over 20 km/l the other day on a motorway trip.
paturoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 11:42 PM   #23
Tancakar OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by paturoa View Post
Only 2 fills and 6.3 l/100 or 44.7 mpg (UK) so far. Mostly commuting so far, not too many longer runs but saw over 20 km/l the other day on a motorway trip.
Is your commuting two up and the panniers on? And also do you stop and go a lot? Busy traffic? Because London commuting is another world .
Old 06-22-2013, 11:47 PM   #24
paturoa
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tancakar View Post
Is your commuting two up and the panniers on? And also do you stop and go a lot? Busy traffic? Because London commuting is another world .
One up, no panniers, I have a Rjays pack rack bag. Lots of stop go on my commute, particularly on the way home in busy traffic.
paturoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 11:49 PM   #25
Tancakar OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by paturoa View Post
One up, no panniers, I have a Rjays pack rack bag. Lots of stop go on my commute, particularly on the way home in busy traffic.
Wow that consumption is very good then well I will see this week how my bike will behave :)