Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 293
One more for Laramie.
Masa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 11:25 AM   #122
el queso
toda su base

Oddometer: 645
I'd like to throw a vote out to Two Moto Kiwis because he and Maya are out there doing it to it, and it would be nice to have some washable filters.

Wish I would have seen this thread earlier, because I could really use a Rottweiler as well. Not only do I ride in a lot of dusty dirty conditions, but the Rottweiler looks like it would make extracting a snake from underneath the airbox much easier.

el queso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 02:54 PM   #123
CPRFAB OP
Banned

Oddometer: 208
Gotta know, how far did the snake travel and how was it discovered?
CPRFAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 03:52 PM   #124
CPRFAB OP
Banned

The winner is!

Well, the three week mark is now upon us and it has been amazing to see the amount of genuine gratitude pouring out from and for some of ADV's inmates. The byproduct of all this is that one of our Rottweiler Intake Systems will go to a well deserved KTM junkie and genuinely helpful guy, Laramie. It is our pleasure to announce the top 3 winners of our contest and we certainly hope to do this again when we have some new and exciting stuff finally get released. As we said before, 2nd and 3rd place winners may take their prizes and cash them in for an equal retail value on a filter system if they don't already have them (free shipping as well on either choice) or they may choose to accept the prizes. We ask that you make this decision within one week.

We also ask that the prize winners post up and show off their goods in this thread once they have received their prizes and installed them.

As an added surprise bonus!, all inmates that posted up and voted in this contest will receive a 10% discount on any Rottweiler Intake System purchased from us within the next 7 days (Offer valid through July 10). If you purchase online, just send us a message in an email with your invoice number and your avatar handle on ADV. We will cross check the entry and refund the 10% discount via PayPal within a day or so of purchase. (This is easier than phone orders but those are okay as well) Sales are brisk and we don't really need to do this, we just want to thank the inmates for participating!

So, with no further ado, our winners are: (Like we don't already know)

Laramie with 49 / Will receive a free Rottweiler Intake System Kit
Questor with 22 / Will receive two free pre-filters Red/Grey
Desertkev with 3 / Will receive a free set of SAS Block Off Plates

Please PM us your shipping addresses and we will ship your prizes Monday the 8th or 2nd and 3rd please let us know if you would like to roll your prizes into credit.

Congratulations to all and we thank you so much for posting up in this contest. It has been great to see everyone's great rides and adventures!

Old 07-03-2013, 06:24 PM   #125
laramie LC4
crash test dummy!

Oddometer: 2,332
all i got to say is THANKS!

thanks to CPR fab for doing the deal, and thanks to all the inmates who have voted for me. i know i have sent you all an individual PM thanking you for your vote, but i want to make it public that i truly do appreciate the support.

can't wait to get started!

laters,

laramie

'12 LC8 990R, '02 LC4 640, '05 WR 450f (part-out), '98 XR400R, '76 KE100, '05 525 (Step-Child)
laramie LC4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 06:26 PM   #126
laramie LC4
crash test dummy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPRFAB View Post
Gotta know, how far did the snake travel and how was it discovered?
i was kinda of wondering the same thing???

'12 LC8 990R, '02 LC4 640, '05 WR 450f (part-out), '98 XR400R, '76 KE100, '05 525 (Step-Child)
Old 07-05-2013, 11:25 AM   #127
CPRFAB OP
Banned

Desert Kev and Laramie, we received your shipping info and will be sending out your prizes Monday!
Old 07-05-2013, 07:08 PM   #128
laramie LC4
crash test dummy!

Quote:
Desert Kev and Laramie, we received your shipping info and will be sending out your prizes Monday!
awesome! thanks. can't wait to get my hands on it.

laramie

Old 07-07-2013, 08:31 AM   #129
Questor
More Undestructable

Oddometer: 4,044
Thanks!

I just want to say thanks to CPRFAB for doing this fun contest.
I met a bunch of folks as a result of this thread who I can't wait to meet in person some day.
So lets get out and ride!
Q~
Questor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 07:40 AM   #130
laramie LC4
crash test dummy!

ok. so let's get this party started. obviously i will need a new map. so far we appear to have a few options and i could use some help. i have downloaded tune ecu and have everything to build the cable to hook up to the bike.

option 1) a stock R model akrapovic map.

pros- it is a KTM map that wont mess with my warranty

issues- doesn't account for Rottweiler intake, and have heard nightmares about low fuel mileage

option 2) 990 ADV 2011 IN - EX - Tune ECU from the CPR Fab website.

pros- CPR fab say's it good.

issues- listed as using a 2-1 exhaust system in tune ecu. i have the stock 2-2 with leo vince carbon cans. CPR is verifying this status and is going to report back.

option 3) power-trippKTM990advAKRA.hex

pros- uses a modified air intake, not the same but closer than stock. also several good reviews from inmates

cons- not the same intake.

so far these are my options. any opinions would be appreciated.

thanks,

laramie

Old 07-08-2013, 03:58 PM   #131
CPRFAB OP
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by laramie LC4 View Post
ok. so let's get this party started. obviously i will need a new map. so far we appear to have a few options and i could use some help. i have downloaded tune ecu and have everything to build the cable to hook up to the bike.

option 1) a stock R model akrapovic map.

pros- it is a KTM map that wont mess with my warranty

issues- doesn't account for Rottweiler intake, and have heard nightmares about low fuel mileage

option 2) 990 ADV 2011 IN - EX - Tune ECU from the CPR Fab website.

pros- CPR fab say's it good.

issues- listed as using a 2-1 exhaust system in tune ecu. i have the stock 2-2 with leo vince carbon cans. CPR is verifying this status and is going to report back.

option 3) power-trippKTM990advAKRA.hex

pros- uses a modified air intake, not the same but closer than stock. also several good reviews from inmates

cons- not the same intake.

so far these are my options. any opinions would be appreciated.

thanks,

laramie

We think your third choice will be very close. Ours flows better than anything else but in the grand scheme of things adding up all the mods that are tuned for that map you should be very happy. At least safe. There is nothing better than a custom tune but that one looks like your best bet. We do know that the tune we have, albeit it's for a 2 into 1, was made by a very reputable tuner that is known for KTM Tune ECU tuning.
Old 07-08-2013, 04:44 PM   #132
laramie LC4
crash test dummy!

Quote:
We do know that the tune we have, albeit it's for a 2 into 1, was made by a very reputable tuner that is known for KTM Tune ECU tuning.
what affect do you think the 2-1 vs. the 2-2 would have?

sorry, i'm learning as fast as i can.

thanks,

laramie

Old 07-09-2013, 09:08 AM   #133
CPRFAB OP
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by laramie LC4 View Post
what affect do you think the 2-1 vs. the 2-2 would have?

sorry, i'm learning as fast as i can.

thanks,

laramie
It should be on the lean side, but maybe not too much so. May possibly be a good alternative for a good mileage map. One suggestion, would be to load it and get the bike HP tested on a dyno with a sniffer to give you some air / fuel readings. You want to be in the 13.4 to 1 range + or - on average. They shouldn't charge more than 80 bucks for that. They may let you bring your laptop and change maps per run to get AF readings on the different maps.
Old 07-09-2013, 05:31 PM   #134
CPRFAB OP
Banned

Prizes have been shipped!
Old 07-10-2013, 07:00 AM   #135
laramie LC4
crash test dummy!

gonna go check out some MAPs and try and get some more info at superduke.net, see if i can find anything good.

wish me luck,

laramie