Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-13-2013, 06:06 PM   #16
AviatorTroy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ua the Destroyer View Post
Well I'll be humble and admit I was wrong. I ddindt mean riding ability. What I meant was garbage and not smooth, was crossing the center line for corners when there is oncoming traffic. I'm just not a fan of crossing the center line. Ill delete my post since you're right it doesn't contain anything positive.
I know what you meant. Fast, smooth, but over the line in terms of safety. I was thinking I know its Mad Sunday and all but that pretty much reminded me of the Ghost Rider videos.

Fun to watch though!
AviatorTroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 08:07 PM   #17
Dieselboy
Journey not Destination

Oddometer: 1,122
I've ridden Mann on my 1150-- prior to (not during )the race in 2006. The people of the island are amazingly friendly to riders. It is an unbelievable experience.

Paul's comment about video perspective being different than rider perspective is true. The points of view are critical to evaluating safety. I ran video that I looked at while I was there and commented that the video makes the ride seem wildly more dangerous than it was. Depth and peripheral vision are severely restricted in video not to mention the 2-3 feet difference in height and line of sight. Those features radically alter our ability to evaluate the road and conditions.

While the video shows aggressive riding, it is not irresponsible which Ghostrider's is IMO. And Paul's behavior is acceptable for the conditions (note that the speed limits are unlimited in the countryside). The passing is not Sunday morning breakfast. It is IOM TT week. The Manx people are unlike any population I've ridden around. This is a generalization, but they are extremely supportive of riders and share the roads with amazing thoughtfulness to our sport. I was amazed and impressed.

I will be going back....but not to test my limits (as much), but more to enjoy that island again.

It looked worse than it was. He has strategy. He demonstrates skill. It is the TT.

Thanks for the video.

Dieselboy screwed with this post 06-13-2013 at 08:28 PM
Dieselboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 08:34 PM   #18
VEGASGSA
Need more Summer

Oddometer: 6,760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ua the Destroyer View Post
Well I'll be humble and admit I was wrong. I ddindt mean riding ability. What I meant was garbage and not smooth, was crossing the center line for corners when there is oncoming traffic. I'm just not a fan of crossing the center line. Ill delete my post since you're right it doesn't contain anything positive.
It's cool to not always be positive..lord knows I'm not..lolol...it's all good..make a trip to the basement to see how we all REALLY interact with each other..everyone here has keyboard tourettes...

If you're gonna call out someone elses's riding though..be prepared to school us..

VEGASGSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 08:53 PM   #19
Duane1969
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 144
Something about passing a "sport bike" on a GS.............just gives me a stiffie

And I have ridden both.............
Duane1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 11:49 PM   #20
dmcd
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 552
I know I'll probably regret this, but, here is a short video I made at Easter last year on the IOM. This really isn't pushing it at all, as I was on my first new bike, a 2011 r1200r with about 600 miles on the clock.

http://youtu.be/KcU8g37KRJ8

Same trip different day

http://youtu.be/reHLC1pzKWM
dmcd is offline   Reply With Quote