Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-22-2013, 05:43 AM   #1
jackjack700 OP
n00b

Oddometer: 6
Talking F800GS Adventure Accessories

Hi guys,

New to the forum here. :)

Just bought a 2013 F800 GS Adventure and am looking at how I can add accessories to the bike. I see a lot of items for F800GS online, and while some sites like Touratech's list a separate category for F800GSA, I am wondering whether most F800GS items can fit F800GSA, or do I have to hunt around for items specific to F800GSA? I know the rear and body kit of the f800GSA is different from the normal GS model, but I'm hoping things like rear rack for 3rd party top boxes, radiator guard, hand guards, fenders etc. will all be compatible?

Also, my bike comes with the default BMW rack. I've emailed and Touratech and they don't make racks (which means I can't use their boxes) for the F800GS Adventure. Are there any 3rd party panniers out there which can fit the F800GSA?

Any help would be great! Thanks guys.

Jack
jackjack700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 10:25 AM   #2
rsmith2786
n00b

Oddometer: 8
I'm in the same boat. There are a few threads but it's still early for this model. At the moment we're stuck with BMW for panniers...and even those are back ordered. I hope to have mine in by the end of the month. Anything around the body work will be different than a standard GS but it sounds like upper bars should be on the market soon from a few companies. I'd assume pannier racks will be close behind. Lower items like a skid plate should bolt up just fine on both the GS and GSA. So far the only thing I've done is mount a GPS using the Garmin Rugged mount and the RAM ball system.
rsmith2786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 11:16 AM   #3
Loutre
Cosmopolitan Adv

Oddometer: 2,907
oh comon ffs, another thread?

Go fill out that profile noob and look at the threads that are already discussed. They should be on the first page since this is talked about every single day since the last two weeks.

there is a thread for guys like you:

New Owners - Stupid Questions Thread

R1150GSA SE

Loutre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 11:40 AM   #4
Virtual Rider
Traveler

Oddometer: 764
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loutre View Post

Go fill out that profile noob and look at the threads that are already discussed. They should be on the first page since this is talked about every single day since the last two weeks.

Way to make a guy feel welcomed.
Old 10-22-2013, 02:02 PM   #5
GPHusky250
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loutre View Post

Well, if he's a "noob" AKA jackjack700 he just might not have been here for the last two weeks.

Hey jackjack700, feel free to ask any question you want.There are some of us out here that won't take offense that you didn't spend hours trying to search through threads that almost immediately go "off topic".

Search if you dare, but currently BMW is the only pannier system available.

Like rsmith2786 said, upper bars are coming, skid plates should fit, although Black Dog is the only one I've seen that confirmed it with a photo.

Everything else should fit, but be ever mindful when you buy something and ask lots of questions of the supplier.
GPHusky250 is offline   Reply With Quote