User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-07-2013, 11:02 PM   #226
Kirkster OP
Parts Murderer

Oddometer: 293
Video to Moab

Well here is the video to Moab, Got the last Colorado Video in process now. It should be up sometime tomorrow.

Enjoy.

Going to Moab from Kirkster on Vimeo.

07 WR 450F

Kirkster screwed with this post 07-08-2013 at 07:35 AM
Kirkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 03:54 AM   #227
Spectator
esp41's Older Bro

Oddometer: 6
Beautiful Moab video.
Spectator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 04:40 AM   #228
brokenhiplegarm
Adventurer

Oddometer: 28
keep em coming

well boys, i must admit, i didn't think ya had it in ya... i thought i would have to take you up a few more black trails at hatfield for this event....lol... but then again, i'm envious...

so, hows the body feeling? ready to call me and bring it on in? maybe leepic will fly out with me and bring em back instead of shipping them.
he's a big wimp........lol

hey, i heard there is a trail to the end of alaska? got that in ya?????
brokenhiplegarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 07:42 AM   #229
mikegc
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,506
Late to the party

Great report. Gotta get back to work before I get caught!

Mike

Duty- Honoring a Friend
mikegc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 10:19 AM   #230
motogirl25
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 109
Started reading the RR yesterday and just finished. Just wanted to say thanks for the posts and information. We are starting the TAT next year and I am doing my homework beforehand. Keep up the good work with the videos and pictures. I take it you stopped at an AHRMA mx event? Beautiful looking track! I grew up around and racing in AHRMA events so that made my day seeing the ride report! One question: I know that y'all don't do a lot of camping but is it available close to the trail every night? We plan on doing a lot of camping. Thanks and safe travels!

2 Guys and a Girl Tackle the TAT: Part 1
motogirl25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 03:41 PM   #231
Kirkster OP
Parts Murderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by motogirl25 View Post
Started reading the RR yesterday and just finished. Just wanted to say thanks for the posts and information. We are starting the TAT next year and I am doing my homework beforehand. Keep up the good work with the videos and pictures. I take it you stopped at an AHRMA mx event? Beautiful looking track! I grew up around and racing in AHRMA events so that made my day seeing the ride report! One question: I know that y'all don't do a lot of camping but is it available close to the trail every night? We plan on doing a lot of camping. Thanks and safe travels!
I think it was an AHRMA national level event at least that was what the guy that invited us mentioned. We were looking at the track and were very jealous as there is nothin like it in Maryland.

Camping can be had out east if you look for it. It is everywhere once you hit Colorado, beautiful big alpine meadows and everything in between... Being sick put a damper on us camping that much.

When we finish we will do an in depth wrap up of the gear, what worked what didn't, what we could have not brought...

Thanks for following along.
07 WR 450F
Old 07-08-2013, 03:58 PM   #232
gasgasman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 398
BRINGS BACK MY TAT TRIP!! WISH I WAS AT IT AGAIN,GTEAT WRITE UP AND STAY SAFE,
gasgasman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 06:23 PM   #233
Kirkster OP
Parts Murderer

Moab Tourist Day mini report.

Well we started out today with a visit to the Moab TAT favorite that is Arrowhead Motorsports. I needed to get a new rear tube as mine already had been patched a couple of times.

We met up with Frank. He was already hard at work on some Canadian’s WR250. There appear to be three of them riding the TAT but we could not find them.

He was kind enough to outfit us with some desert swamp cooler vests. They are called Hyperkewl and Jakeybob said it worked well for him. We will try anything once.

Well we gave them a test run on a nice 70 mile loop around the area that Frank suggested and they are great at around 15 mph and above, below that they feel a little funny. Kind of like you are wearing a wet vest.

Frank send us down Potash road outside of Moab. We ran into some climbers that were starting an ascent, a bit hot to be starting your climb around 11 if you ask me.

I think I got a bit impatient and went off road a bit before Frank suggested. It turns out we went up pucker pass.

Here Esp41 is riding up ahead of me hoping that the pile of rock stays upright long enough for him to ride past. I think he is safe.

The ride up the pass was really nice smooth and scenic it even had an arch you drove through. I got it on video if anyone wants to see let me know and I will put it in the queue for processing.

Well up on top of the mesa we met up with the TAT and rode that back towards Moab. It was rougher than pucker pass but that is the way it works, it was very scenic and we can’t wait to hit it bright and early tomorrow before the 105° weather hits us in the afternoon.

We also took the time to do a fly by at Arches National Park. I paid for Esp41 and I, and the park ranger started handing me a whole ream of brochures and my receipt. I kind of laughed and looked down and asked her where I would put all that, she then attempted to hand me a big pamphlet and my receipt. We finally agreed on taping my receipt to the GPS on my bike, as she just had to give me some kind of paper to take with me. Must be some kind of government mandate to kill trees…

So here are a few photos from Arches

There was a lot of traffic. One dude even had to pass me going over 60 in a 40 zone while I was going 50. There are yobs everywhere…

Tomorrow is a regular TAT day and we are not yet sure how far we are going. Moab was a nice place to rest.
07 WR 450F
Old 07-08-2013, 06:28 PM   #234
GordyMN
b00n-E

Oddometer: 244
In ! Thanks for the great RR - read it all today up to this point. Very enjoyable to follow and wish you both the best. Totally jealous. Really enjoyed your first posts regarding bikes as I recently went through the same decision making process for about a year before ending up with my 800GS and wanting the Husqy 630, 640 Adventure etc etc. No regrets, No Whining !

GordyMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 03:38 AM   #235
b1pig
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 655
:)
lookin good!
b1pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 06:52 AM   #236
Kirkster OP
Parts Murderer

More Cowbell

Finally got the last Colorado mountain scene all done and uploaded. No cows were harmed during the production of this Video. I did however crush the yellow jacket that was inside my helmet with me...

It is a bit longer than usual. Enjoy.

Mountain Timber with cows... from Kirkster on Vimeo.

07 WR 450F
Old 07-09-2013, 07:21 AM   #237
Spectator
esp41's Older Bro

Oddometer: 6
Another great video! Thanx for taking the time to put it up.
Spectator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 07:21 AM   #238
b1pig
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 655
mmm... Dire Straits....
b1pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 08:47 AM   #239
LumpyOne
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 294
Awesome TAT

Thanks guys for a great report! I just got caught up and appreciate staying current. The writing, pictures and video are just what I needed while chained to the desk. Ride safe and enjoy!
LumpyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 09:04 AM   #240
Philb772
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 214
Great video. I would have loved to hear the chatter on the intercom when those cows refused the right of way.

Thanks for the updates, enjoying your adventures.

"Safety Third"
Philb772 is offline   Reply With Quote