User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-27-2013, 09:38 AM   #1
DriveShaft OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,296
Preferred way to get from San Juan to Fajardo/Vieques Puerto Rico

I'm planning a real short stint on Vieques, and figured I'd take the low way to the island by means of the Ferry from Fajardo. It's only 3.5 days, so not much of a trip to work with.

I'm debating whether it's worth it to do one-way car rentals, and explore a little (and by a little, I mean a paltry half a day), either along the way there/back vs. just cabbing it, making a beeline for the ferry, taking an earlier ferry, and setting myself up with a frosty beverage on the beach sooner. Just curious if anyone has any experience? El Yunque...worth the views/experience, or just a place where travelers contract dengue fever?
DriveShaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 11:43 AM   #2
Throttlemeister
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveShaft View Post
I'm planning a real short stint on Vieques, and figured I'd take the low way to the island by means of the Ferry from Fajardo. It's only 3.5 days, so not much of a trip to work with.

I'm debating whether it's worth it to do one-way car rentals, and explore a little (and by a little, I mean a paltry half a day), either along the way there/back vs. just cabbing it, making a beeline for the ferry, taking an earlier ferry, and setting myself up with a frosty beverage on the beach sooner. Just curious if anyone has any experience? El Yunque...worth the views/experience, or just a place where travelers contract dengue fever?
got to be a typo right?? 3.5 days, that should be hours. Is this another ferry back to the mainland, I was understanding there was only one

I had some good times in Esperanza and the Bio Bay, love that place
Old 07-01-2013, 04:33 AM   #3
DriveShaft OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttlemeister View Post
got to be a typo right?? 3.5 days, that should be hours. Is this another ferry back to the mainland, I was understanding there was only one

I had some good times in Esperanza and the Bio Bay, love that place
Sorry...3.5 days in PR...maybe almost half of that could be spent on the mainland, and the rest on Vieques.

I'm planning on taking the ferry back to Fajardo after checking out Bio Bay...maybe spending some time in old town, or wandering around other places. I'm thinking the best thing to do is to just rent a car, and park it in a lot in Fajardo for two nights, while we head to Vieques (to rent scooters), and pick it up when we get back.
DriveShaft is offline   Reply With Quote