Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-2013, 02:41 AM   #1
Pullsy OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 48
Motoport Aerotex liner pics please

Hi All

Did try this on the Motoport thread but got no joy so will try a wider audience.

I have a Kevlar Mesh jacket on order and I was hoping someone could post a picture of the Aerotex liner folded up so that I can see the packed size (beside a reference item eg beer bottle). I need to work out if it is a viable option for me when travelling as I have limited luggage space and won't be wearing the liner all the time. Thanks in advance for any pics and info posted.

Cheers

Pullsy
Pullsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 02:53 AM   #2
_cy_
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,883
if it was me I'd purchase an outer waterproof shell fitted to your motoport instead. that is if you are wanting to covers widest conditions from HOT to wet/nasties just above freezing. the time to get it fitted is when jacket is made. especially if jacket is customized.

don't believe that crap about aerotex liners good for all conditions. cold/wet nasty conditions just above freezing and below needs an outer waterproof layer. liners are good for moderate temps. everything is hot at 115f (46c), but mesh kevlar flows max air with the best protection out there.

inner aerotex liner packs small, about same size as a lightweight goretex bicycle shell. a compression sack is the most efficient way to pack small.

size 44 aerotex liner stuffed into compression sack .. bottle is 64oz or 1.89 liter

_cy_ screwed with this post 06-18-2013 at 03:21 AM
_cy_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 04:18 AM   #3
Pullsy OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 48
Thanks

CY
Thanks for the quick reply and pic. Riding is between 60 to 105 degrees with high humidity over the 90 degree mark. The rain season really only occurring from about 90 degrees and over. I was looking at the water/wind proof layer only and can then just layer normal cold weather gear under that. Does this sound reasonable?

Cheers

Pullsy
Pullsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 05:08 AM   #4
_cy_
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,883
inner waterproof layer will work fine under those mild conditions. outer waterproof layer is for cold/nasty conditions just above freezing.

rain at 90f will be welcome ..
_cy_ is offline   Reply With Quote