Old 05-20-2014, 12:38 AM   #166
LRH
Adventurer

Oddometer: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtncrawler View Post
about the XP-3. My main concerns were;

1) Charging tip for IPhone5.
2) Re-charging the XP-3 off my EarthX battery/bike 12V system.
3) Inquiry on the SAE harness hooked right to the battery to make it easy to jump without using clamps/removing seat...etc.
#1 yep, I got that Lightning adapter with mine. Just don't have a iPhone to use it with.

#2 you could get a cigarette plug-in for the Powerlet:
http://www.powerlet.com/shop-by-prod...-cables/PWRCBL

#3 it is a rather short cable, I was just able to fit it with enough reach to get at. My battery sits in a box going from one side to the other of the bike, under the seat and between engine and rear wheel.
Length is said to be 30cm, or just less than 12 inches, and the negative cable is shorter than the positive by a couple inches or so. There's also the safety device spliced into the positive cable which makes for an unbendable inch or more.
Considering that, if your battery has a terminal a long way from the outside it could be problematic. Mine tucks in behind a removable plastic side panel piece of the bike, so that's got to be removed to plug in the M-S XP-3.

No protective cover for the SAE plug, although the blue M-S plug might be thought of as having a cover on it while that SAE adapter is connected. Since there is little risk of electrical short-circuit due to the SAE having one contact side contained within it. Just not really a "weather proof" cover, per se.
I actually used the one from my Battery Tender SAE plug, had to cut it off that to use on the "harness" (and put back again after finding out the charger won't recognize the connection).

Lastly, yes, I got the new case with my XP-3. Too wide to fit flat into the bottom of the saddle bag without some bending of the case, but does okay.

Glad to say I already helped a woman jump her SUV after a soccer game when another guy was trying to help but had no luck with his car. Had me thinking it might not work either and yet was a nearly instant start.

LRH screwed with this post 05-20-2014 at 12:48 AM
LRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 12:48 AM   #167
OZZZ
Adventurer

Oddometer: 17
Mine just arrived. Its a 3 but (unexpectedly) came in a case with a (US) wall plug, 12 V plug and jump camples. There is one outlet plug with 4 heads. Looks like a iphone 4 size plug, the others are described as 'communication adaptors' hope this helps?
Attached Images

OZZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 07:27 AM   #168
mtncrawler
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,070
Quote:
Originally Posted by LRH View Post
#1 yep, I got that Lightning adapter with mine. Just don't have a iPhone to use it with.

#2 you could get a cigarette plug-in for the Powerlet:
http://www.powerlet.com/shop-by-prod...-cables/PWRCBL

#3 it is a rather short cable, I was just able to fit it with enough reach to get at. My battery sits in a box going from one side to the other of the bike, under the seat and between engine and rear wheel.
Length is said to be 30cm, or just less than 12 inches, and the negative cable is shorter than the positive by a couple inches or so. There's also the safety device spliced into the positive cable which makes for an unbendable inch or more.
Considering that, if your battery has a terminal a long way from the outside it could be problematic. Mine tucks in behind a removable plastic side panel piece of the bike, so that's got to be removed to plug in the M-S XP-3.

No protective cover for the SAE plug, although the blue M-S plug might be thought of as having a cover on it while that SAE adapter is connected. Since there is little risk of electrical short-circuit due to the SAE having one contact side contained within it. Just not really a "weather proof" cover, per se.
I actually used the one from my Battery Tender SAE plug, had to cut it off that to use on the "harness" (and put back again after finding out the charger won't recognize the connection).

Lastly, yes, I got the new case with my XP-3. Too wide to fit flat into the bottom of the saddle bag without some bending of the case, but does okay.

Glad to say I already helped a woman jump her SUV after a soccer game when another guy was trying to help but had no luck with his car. Had me thinking it might not work either and yet was a nearly instant start.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZZZ View Post
Mine just arrived. Its a 3 but (unexpectedly) came in a case with a (US) wall plug, 12 V plug and jump camples. There is one outlet plug with 4 heads. Looks like a iphone 4 size plug, the others are described as 'communication adaptors' hope this helps?
Cool - thanks for the responses!

I totally forgot about a cigarette to Powerlet adapter. From what I remember though the cigarette lighter plug can loosen - too bad there isn't a SAE or Powerlet direct to the charging port.

I'm going to order up today...
"You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us." Robert Louis Stevenson
mtncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 04:17 PM   #169
rmhrc628
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,483
As an Australian can we charge it via the walk plug - we have 240 volts here.
rmhrc628 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 04:48 PM   #170
OZZZ
Adventurer

Oddometer: 17
Yes, voltage isn't an issue, you'll need a AU /USplug adaptor though.
OZZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 05:08 PM   #171
beemerphile
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,711
The "Blue M-S plug" is a fairly common EC5 connector.
beemerphile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 02:23 AM   #172
Mr. Fisherman
PROUD 2B Riff Raff!

Oddometer: 10,660
I wish I would have had one of these on each of my last two long adventures.

It made the short list. I just need to earn more money

Has everyone been happy with theirs?
Mr. Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 05:17 AM   #173
beemerphile
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fisherman View Post
Has everyone been happy with theirs?
Mine saved my bacon out solo riding and camping in Quebec last week. The unit has huge battery clips which I exchanged for smaller ones. I would have had to remove the battery to jump it with the included clips. I will probably prewire with an EC5 connector on all of my "travel" bikes.
Old 08-24-2014, 12:20 PM   #174
HD Steve
Nonposer in Training

Oddometer: 110
Domain name expired

Is there a story about antigravity. See the product for sale but can't get to their website.
IBA #44008
HD Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 01:26 PM   #175
beemerphile
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD Steve View Post
Is there a story about antigravity. See the product for sale but can't get to their website.
Expired yesterday. They must have let it slip up on them.

Amazon has pretty much the full line...

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&key...l_86qzw407oj_b
Old 08-24-2014, 02:53 PM   #176
mwood7800
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 605
Mac and snap on are carring them also
mwood7800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 01:44 AM   #177
Mr. Fisherman
PROUD 2B Riff Raff!

Oddometer: 10,660
Quote:
Originally Posted by beemerphile View Post
Mine saved my bacon out solo riding and camping in Quebec last week. The unit has huge battery clips which I exchanged for smaller ones. I would have had to remove the battery to jump it with the included clips. I will probably prewire with an EC5 connector on all of my "travel" bikes.
I thought they would have had their wired tender plug available by now. It is part of what I was waiting for,
Mr. Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 06:03 AM   #178
beemerphile
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fisherman View Post
I thought they would have had their wired tender plug available by now. It is part of what I was waiting for,
That is easy enough to create if you are careful with wire gauge and make sure that the blocking diodes are correctly in the circuit. Since I already have tender plugs (either SAE or Powerlet) on all my bikes, I was just going to install EC5 plugs on them. I don't need an EC5 to SAE adapter.
Old 08-25-2014, 07:00 AM   #179
Chadx
Off the road again..

Oddometer: 2,165
There page is back up this morning.

Still have to order mine before snow season (snowmobile and snowbike). I've wanted one for summer as well, but things aren't quite as serious at 60 degrees as they are at 5 degrees. Ha.
Chadx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 11:16 AM   #180
Dirty GSer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 119
So whatever happened to the smaller version mentioned in post 100 as coming out in Jan/Feb?

Said it was the size of a galaxy phone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antigravity View Post
Hey all,

...snip

In January and February we will have some bigger models coming out and additionally a very small one about as big as a Galaxy Cell phone that will easily do you motorcycles and up to V6 cars...but it will be so thin you can stow it anywhere.
Just curious....