Old 03-08-2014, 02:32 AM   #121
HaChayalBoded
Brooklyn Bored

Oddometer: 7,617
Quote:
Originally Posted by flei View Post
I believe it has. Is this what you are looking for:
http://shop.antigravitybatteries.com...t-harness-kit/
Guess the answer is no. The guy mentioned the first bath of SAE adapters were accidentally made backwards. Looks like instead of using them on the portable battery itself he decided to make use of them by mounting them on a battery harness in order to be able to use HIS harness with the blue plug for charging the bikes battery with a battery tender.

Since I use high amp SAE cables on my bike and make SAE connector jumper cables using 8 gauge cables I thought it would be really slick to be able to plug one of these guys directly to those cables.

At $25 a pop for those battery harness cables that would cost me more than the Antigravity battery itself if I wanted one on each bike.

Looks like I'd have to just cut off the battery clamps and make my own.
HaChayalBoded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 03:55 PM   #122
quickstang87
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
I bought the xp-3 a few weeks ago and love it. I do have a question though. I know you aren't supposed to leave the unit hooked up when the vehicle is running, and I can assume that is because of the charging system on the vehicle trying to overcharge the micro-start and damaging something.

My question is, can this unit stay hooked up to your running bike IF the stator/charging system has gone bad?

I had a stator die on my bike a few years ago and it left me stranded on top of a mountain! Would this unit have been able to help me in that instance?
quickstang87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 08:41 AM   #123
clint64
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 101
I bought 2 of the XP-1 units. One for my wife's car and one for me to split duty between the bike and car. Had to use mine this morning to jump start my car. Worked like a charm.
clint64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 09:56 AM   #124
Montague
UDF Adventurer

Oddometer: 664
Received my XP1 in January and have used it to boost my wife's truck and to charge phones while at our off grid cabin, very happy with this piece of kit.

A Brit named Billy once said something silly; he so wrongly concluded that Ural deluded.
Montague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 06:58 PM   #125
isaac004
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 780
Can the XP3 be recharged off the bike? Let's say I want to use the XP3 at night time to recharge my camera and Bluetooth headset. During the day, can I plug it into my bikes 12V system to top it off? Assume the charging system of the bike has a high enough output.

If so, this would be particularly useful on multi-week rides, providing a charging source for accessories at night, and jump start power during the day.
isaac004 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 08:16 PM   #126
Montague
UDF Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by isaac004 View Post
Can the XP3 be recharged off the bike? Let's say I want to use the XP3 at night time to recharge my camera and Bluetooth headset. During the day, can I plug it into my bikes 12V system to top it off? Assume the charging system of the bike has a high enough output.

If so, this would be particularly useful on multi-week rides, providing a charging source for accessories at night, and jump start power during the day.

Comes with AC and 12V charger so yes, you can recharge off vehicle socket.

I am guessing it would be slower than AC

A Brit named Billy once said something silly; he so wrongly concluded that Ural deluded.
Old 03-20-2014, 10:10 AM   #127
Scalex
Adventurer

Oddometer: 28
Original poster

I didn't want to write this but I've been unlucky trying to contact the OP since last.. December.. Anybody had recent contact with him?

Thanks mates
Scalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 10:46 AM   #128
Montague
UDF Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalex View Post
I didn't want to write this but I've been unlucky trying to contact the OP since last.. December.. Anybody had recent contact with him?

Thanks mates

Did you try through their website?

Old 03-20-2014, 10:57 AM   #129
mnsty
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 177
I'm on the phone to him as I type this.

76 R90S Turbo
77 R100RS
83 RS/GS
85 K100RS
90 BMW K1
91 900IE Lucky Exp
00 VOR 503SM
04 KTM 950 GO!!!!!
05 TM 530 Black Dream

= Too much stuff. When will I learn??
mnsty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 07:24 AM   #130
phreakingeek
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 379
My order was shipped and received in just a couple days.

When I noticed that I was sent a different cable, I emailed them and got a response within an hour. Since it was pretty late on Friday, they asked me to call them on Monday.

First call was answered by a real person and they got me squared away in under 5 minutes. Correct cable was shipped shortly after talking to them.

Hard to beat that kind of customer service in this day and age.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalex View Post

Thanks mates
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
-Hunter S. Thompson
phreakingeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 07:28 AM   #131
phreakingeek
Gnarly Adventurer

yet another review

Used the XP-3 to start a completely dead Ford Crown Vic with the big V-8.

It took a few tries since the car was sitting for nearly 6 months...but it did start.

The wire was a little warm to the touch where the fuse block is connected, but nothing that looked like it was a problem.

According to the LED's I'd drained it to a little above halfway with that jump.

Pretty fantastic product. It'll be traveling with me whenever I'm on the bike
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
-Hunter S. Thompson
Old 03-30-2014, 02:41 AM   #132
Scalex
Adventurer

Oddometer: 28
Thank you all for your answers mates..

I'm the unlucky one then, no answer to emails, private messages nor web messages.. In three months.

Guess I'm missing something here, but just can't figure what... (????!!!!?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by phreakingeek View Post
My order was shipped and received in just a couple days.

When I noticed that I was sent a different cable, I emailed them and got a response within an hour. Since it was pretty late on Friday, they asked me to call them on Monday.

First call was answered by a real person and they got me squared away in under 5 minutes. Correct cable was shipped shortly after talking to them.

Hard to beat that kind of customer service in this day and age.
Scalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 07:47 AM   #133
Lifes2short
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 268
My order arrived quickly, so far only used it to charge up a Go-Pro while doing an all day time-lapse. Worked perfectly (for that anyway), and barely used any battery life. Very happy to have this in my side case.

Thanks for the fast service.
Lifes2short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 09:50 AM   #134
garandman
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,029
I was at the outboard dealer yesterday and he was very interested. While larger boats usually have two batteries, most 16-20 footers only have a single engine.

My wife has used it twice now. When you put the key on to listen to the radio in our minivan, the gps also comes on and so after 20-30 minutes, the battery won't crank the engine.

“The problem in defense is how far you can go without destroying from within what you are trying to defend from without.” ― Dwight D. Eisenhower
garandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 01:22 PM   #135
phreakingeek
Gnarly Adventurer

used it again to get my 1150GS started when I managed to kill the battery cranking it over when it dropped to 22F. I was all packed up to go on a long trip and made sure I connected the pig-tail to my battery in the event i needed to use it again.

I also used it to charge a couple phones while we were camping.

-Hunter S. Thompson