Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-01-2013, 07:58 PM   #91
JaxObsessed
RushMoran....... :D

Oddometer: 11,509
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCrider View Post
ur too modest Kev, the writing is good, actually some of it really damn good!
Word.
Yea, I said WORD.
Originally Posted by LadyDraco View Post
Dang ..That thing is huge!!! Jax
JaxObsessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 08:37 PM   #92
H14 OP
I Gotta Go!

Oddometer: 4,336
We're up and rolling at 6:30 Sunday morning. Another benefit of a hotel room, get up, shower, and roll. If I can keep finding decent hotel rooms for 50 bucks I could almost be persuaded to sell my camping gear, almost. It was a 30 minute ride into Bennington where we fueled up and rode around town a bit. Another thing I learned on this trip was riding around checking out all these historic towns is best done in the morning when everyone else is sleeping.

General John Stark. Revolutionary War hero and penned the phrase "Live free or Die".

Man I love the history up here. I've always been pretty passionate about the Civil War due mostly because of the area I grew up in but I would love to come back up here and spend time checking out the Revolutionary War battlefields and forts. So much incredible history and stories of sacrifice that are too easily forgotten.

Back into New York we cross over the Hudson river on the Rip Van Winkle bridge on our way to the Catskill Mtns.

Our first view of the Catskill mountains.

We felt like we didn't spend as much time here as we should have much like the Adirondacks on the way up, but at least now we have a pretty good list of roads we'll try next time.

Kaaterskill Falls

After screwing up our routing and paying New Jersey a dollar for getting to ride a couple of miles of their roads we got back on track to the Deleware Water Gap.

It's a nice ride but the deer were out in force. Next time I want to check the road out on the Jersey side BroncoDave took pictures of. We did find this gem along the way, Silver Thread Falls, probably the prettiest waterfall I've ever seen.

This is where I told her my plan of spending the night in Stroudsburg where we spent our honeymoon 25 years earlier.

I think she replied, "whatever, it's hot we need to get rolling".

2012 Riding the Continental Divide

H14 screwed with this post 07-01-2013 at 10:23 PM
H14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 08:38 PM   #93
H14 OP
I Gotta Go!

Thanks Erik, you too Jack.
Old 07-01-2013, 09:24 PM   #94
H14 OP
I Gotta Go!

Our last day was our most uneventful. Our plan was to take the Millersburg Ferry across the Susquehanna river but the ferry didn't start operations until 11:00 and that would get us home too late so we took interstate for about 80 miles, which CampCook did NOT like. At Harrisburg we got off the interstate and started looking for more back roads. Being this close to Gettysburg and the 150th anniversary of the battle coming up we had to stop.

Looking at Cemetery Ridge held by the Union army from the confederate's position in the tree line along Seminary Ridge.

C.C. taking the opportunity to take off some clothes.

Hey, your timing is off by about 18 hours.

Wish we had more time, I hated being this close and not stopping to see SoPaRider and SoPaGuider. At least we had enough time for me to show Rhonda High Rock.

She's at it again.

Finally get a picture of the Strom in front of the Fort Ritchie gate and then we go home.

Thanks everybody for all the kind comments and thanks for following along, hopefully there will be much more to come.
Old 07-02-2013, 06:16 AM   #95
H14 OP
I Gotta Go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDave View Post
Kevin, your report has been a pleasure to view and read daily . Great job with the photos and thought expressions! Well done sir! Now get back out there and write another one!
Thanks Dave, I really do enjoy going back over my notes and re-living the trip. It does make me feel good other people are enjoying it too.

Now it's yout turn.
Old 07-02-2013, 06:43 AM   #96
Dynamick
\dī-ˈna-mik\

Oddometer: 3,808
Great pictures and story, really enjoyed being allowed to come along. Thank you.
Dynamick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 08:21 AM   #97
campcook
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by H14 View Post
We're up and rolling at 6:30 Sunday morning. Another benefit of a hotel room, get up, shower, and roll. If I can keep finding decent hotel rooms for 50 bucks I could almost be persuaded to sell my camping gear, almost.

This is where I told her my plan of spending the night in Stroudsburg where we spent our honeymoon 25 years earlier.

I think she replied, "whatever, it's hot we need to get rolling".
Hotels are nice for trips, but I prefer cabins. That way you have the benefits of showers, bathrooms and dry places to stash gear, but still have a campfire to sit by and relax.

I was very excited about going back to the spot of our honeymoon, I was hot and tired but thought it was a very romantic idea.

This was a wonderful trip and I look forward to many more like it.
campcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 08:28 AM   #98
REAPER_ONE
YOU'RE DONE

Oddometer: 3,050
Quote:
Originally Posted by campcook View Post
Hotels are nice for trips, but I prefer cabins. That way you have the benefits of showers, bathrooms and dry places to stash gear, but still have a campfire to sit by and relax.

I was very excited about going back to the spot of our honeymoon, I was hot and tired but thought it was a very romantic idea.

This was a wonderful trip and I look forward to many more like it.
Kevin I quoted her so Rhonda can't delete at a later date! BTW - if Rhonda decided to rescind the last statement "This was a wonderful trip and I look forward to many more like it" and need me to delete this one... I will do it for a pumpkin roll. Yes I can be bought
REAPER_ONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 09:31 AM   #99
senecahome
Adventurer

Oddometer: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by H14 View Post
Thanks Mike. I can't believe how horrendous my writing is even after proof reading before submitting each post. I noticed in your quote I wrote where instead of wear, a few post back I used there instead of their. Oh well, I guess you all are getting most of what I mean to say.
Very nice trip report and great pics.
On this forum, if we threw out all the posts where there/their, road/rode, where/wear, your/you're, etc were misused we wouldn't understand most of what was written.
-Glen
senecahome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 09:49 AM   #100
Rusty Rocket
Life behind "Bars"

Oddometer: 8,616
Nice report, thanks for taking us along. Gettysburg is one of those places on my bucket list. Too bad about the rain. Good thing you went when you did, because it's been raining here every day lately. Tornado 1 mile south of me yesterday in Windsor, CT. It's just rainy and humid then a thunderstorm drenches everything and the whole region has turned into a mosquito farm.
Member of: AMA, NETRA, Blue Ribbon Coalition, CCCofVT, Berkshire TR, CT Ramblers
Rusty Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 10:05 AM   #101
H14 OP
I Gotta Go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamick View Post
Great pictures and story, really enjoyed being allowed to come along. Thank you.
Mickey, I'm looking forward to reading a ride report from you and Jodi. Hope you're back on the bike soon brother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSA_PILOT View Post
Kevin I quoted her so Rhonda can't delete at a later date! BTW - if Rhonda decided to rescind the last statement "This was a wonderful trip and I look forward to many more like it" and need me to delete this one... I will do it for a pumpkin roll. Yes I can be bought
Thanks Lance, I guess everyone has their price and yours is a pumpkin roll.
Old 07-02-2013, 10:11 AM   #102
H14 OP
I Gotta Go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by senecahome View Post
Very nice trip report and great pics.
On this forum, if we threw out all the posts where there/their, road/rode, where/wear, your/you're, etc were misused we wouldn't understand most of what was written.
-Glen
Thanks Glen, my wife was just talking about the poor grammar here. I guess it's human nature that I see it so easily in other people's posts and fail to see it in mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Rocket View Post
Nice report, thanks for taking us along. Gettysburg is one of those places on my bucket list. Too bad about the rain. Good thing you went when you did, because it's been raining here every day lately. Tornado 1 mile south of me yesterday in Windsor, CT. It's just rainy and humid then a thunderstorm drenches everything and the whole region has turned into a mosquito farm.
We only had rain two out of ten days so we can't complain, plus it gave us a sense that we left the trip unfinished so we'll have to go back.

I hear ya about the mosquitoes, they ate us up in Maine.
Old 07-02-2013, 10:17 AM   #103
Rusty Rocket
Life behind "Bars"

Oddometer: 8,616
Kev: If you want fresh caught lobsters, you can get'em 3 hours closer than Maine @ http://abbottslobster.com/

that's where we go. about an hour for us.

The RI shore is beautiful too. Very rocky like Maine. That's where we typically vacation, but we've rented a house in York, ME for several days after Labor Day weekend 2013. Will be eating lobster then.
Member of: AMA, NETRA, Blue Ribbon Coalition, CCCofVT, Berkshire TR, CT Ramblers

Rusty Rocket screwed with this post 07-02-2013 at 10:28 AM
Rusty Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 03:16 PM   #104
Lollipop
Gator Bait

Oddometer: 26
Thanks for taking us along on such a great ride. You guys are an inspiration. At this time, I am without a bike of any kind and my bride keeps talking Trike, which I find repulsive. She keeps muttering rubbish about me dumping her in the sand on Daytona Beach, in the rain. I would love a DP bike, like a DR, but that would never do as she would be left out. So, a road burner it must be. It's RR's like yours that will help win her over and hopefully before we are too old to enjoy it. Thanks again.....Pop
Lollipop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 03:39 PM   #105
H14 OP
I Gotta Go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lollipop View Post
Thanks for taking us along on such a great ride. You guys are an inspiration. At this time, I am without a bike of any kind and my bride keeps talking Trike, which I find repulsive. She keeps muttering rubbish about me dumping her in the sand on Daytona Beach, in the rain. I would love a DP bike, like a DR, but that would never do as she would be left out. So, a road burner it must be. It's RR's like yours that will help win her over and hopefully before we are too old to enjoy it. Thanks again.....Pop

You're welcome Lollipop. I hope you win her over soon. No need to go with a purely street bike, check out this Ride Report. He's taking his daughter to the Grand Canyon on a KTM 990.