Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-01-2013, 02:31 PM   #16
epb
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 303
Quote:
Originally Posted by k-moe View Post
Does sizing run true now, or do you still have to go up one size?
Depends what you're used to, I guess. I typically wear Bell helmets and I ordered an EXO-700 this week in one size larger (XL) based on their sizing chart. I was worried about it being a bit loose, but I could barely get my head in the thing. Twenty minutes after UPS dropped it off, I printed a return label. Given how tight it is, I'm dubious about even the XXL working for me, so I'll try a different brand.
Old 10-09-2013, 01:54 PM   #17
Jamie Z
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,692
Ordered the 410 today from Revzilla. Sizing chart says I should order a medium. My EXO-700 is a large. I ordered the medium.

Ha! My phone just rang. Jason from Revzilla wanted to confirm my shipping address.

Hope it gets here before Monday, as I have the potential to go out of town for a few days.

Jamie

Budget Travel the Jamie Z Way
Jamie Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 04:04 AM   #18
epb
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 303
You might see it today - everything with the Scorpion brand I've ordered from them shipped from Louisville to Chicago in a day.
Old 10-10-2013, 08:30 AM   #19
browneye OP
PIN IT & BANG GEARS

Oddometer: 5,052
They must have a couple of warehouses then because mine shipped from just down the road here - Lake Forest, CA. I was under the impression that was Scorpion headquarters. Perhaps yours is shipping from Revzilla.

It's a really nice helmet - I have probly 2K mile on mine now and love it. No issues whatsoever. The venting is fantastic, and it's comfortable for all day. My only wish is that it had one more detent for the lowest position of the shield. Certainly not a deal breaker. I think I've only changed the smoke shield to clear once but it's cake. When you order the helmet be sure to order a smoke screen with it.

I hope the medium size works out for you Jamie, let us know. I got a large, I always wear a large, and it fits perfectly, even for my odd shaped head.
browneye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 05:05 PM   #20
robfilms
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 374
Quote:
Originally Posted by browneye View Post
They must have a couple of warehouses then because mine shipped from just down the road here - Lake Forest, CA. I was under the impression that was Scorpion headquarters. Perhaps yours is shipping from Revzilla.

It's a really nice helmet - I have probly 2K mile on mine now and love it. No issues whatsoever. The venting is fantastic, and it's comfortable for all day. My only wish is that it had one more detent for the lowest position of the shield. Certainly not a deal breaker. I think I've only changed the smoke shield to clear once but it's cake. When you order the helmet be sure to order a smoke screen with it.

I hope the medium size works out for you Jamie, let us know. I got a large, I always wear a large, and it fits perfectly, even for my odd shaped head.
is the preferred head shape for the 410 slightly narrow?

i ask because i have a slightly narrow noggin.

i have a bell rs-1 which fits great.

i also have a scorpion exo1000 which i would love to replace with a hi-viz 410.

i look forward to any conversation about head shape and the fitment of the 410.

thanks in advance.

ymmv

be well.

rob
robfilms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 02:59 PM   #21
Jamie Z
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by browneye View Post
The 410 arrived today and I tried it on. Does the medium fit me?

I'm not sure... and this has happened to me before.

It's very snug. But in the past I've gotten new helmets which were snug and they loosen up after a few wearings.

It's snug enough right now on my cheeks that I wouldn't be able to talk or chew. I'd bite the inside of my cheeks. But my last helmet did that too when I first got it. I remember popping a piece of candy in my mouth and then putting on my helmet and not being able to chew up the candy very well.

So... I'm not sure what I should do.

Seems like a good budget helmet. About on par with the EXO-700 I've had. The shield comes off fairly easily, but I think I won't be a fan of the shield lock mechanism. Already seems like something that could break. The silver mirror shield I bought with it sure doesn't seem very tinted.

....Ok, in the time that I've been writing this message, I've put the helmet on and taken it off a few times, and I installed the mirrored shield. When on the helmet, it's a lot darker, more like I was expecting. And the helmet already slips on and off noticeably easier.

Edit, after watching the Revzilla helmet fitment video, I feel better about how the helmet feels.

Jamie

Jamie Z screwed with this post 10-11-2013 at 03:09 PM
Old 10-11-2013, 03:18 PM   #22
SgtDuster
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Z View Post
The 410 arrived today and I tried it on. Does the medium fit me?

I'm not sure... and this has happened to me before.

It's very snug. But in the past I've gotten new helmets which were snug and they loosen up after a few wearings.

It's snug enough right now on my cheeks that I wouldn't be able to talk or chew. I'd bite the inside of my cheeks. But my last helmet did that too when I first got it. I remember popping a piece of candy in my mouth and then putting on my helmet and not being able to chew up the candy very well.

So... I'm not sure what I should do.

Seems like a good budget helmet. About on par with the EXO-700 I've had. The shield comes off fairly easily, but I think I won't be a fan of the shield lock mechanism. Already seems like something that could break. The silver mirror shield I bought with it sure doesn't seem very tinted.

....Ok, in the time that I've been writing this message, I've put the helmet on and taken it off a few times, and I installed the mirrored shield. When on the helmet, it's a lot darker, more like I was expecting. And the helmet already slips on and off noticeably easier.

Edit, after watching the Revzilla helmet fitment video, I feel better about how the helmet feels.

Jamie
So a medium seems to fit? What was the size of your Exo-700?

I like my Exo-700 very much, it's the helmet I use the most but I'll have to replace it one day and this 410 looks interesting.
Old 10-11-2013, 03:26 PM   #23
browneye OP
PIN IT & BANG GEARS

Quote:
Originally Posted by robfilms View Post
is the preferred head shape for the 410 slightly narrow?

i ask because i have a slightly narrow noggin.

i have a bell rs-1 which fits great.

i also have a scorpion exo1000 which i would love to replace with a hi-viz 410.

i look forward to any conversation about head shape and the fitment of the 410.

rob
It is. Most helmets hit me on the front of the head, like a hard spot there. I've even taken a spoon to the foam to mash it down for a better fit, and re-sewn liner seams.

The R410 fits me perfectly. The only other helmets that even come close are a Shoei and Arai. I'm pretty sure I tried on a RS-1 and it hit me on the front of the head too.

I would say try one or order one with a return policy. It's not a fancy helmet, not a lot of doo-dads, no internal sun sheild, no flip face, just standard plain-jane protection. Doesn't cost a lot either - I liked that.
Old 10-11-2013, 04:02 PM   #24
Jamie Z
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtDuster View Post
So a medium seems to fit? What was the size of your Exo-700?
My head circumference is 22 3/4. The size chart puts me at a medium.

Seems to fit well, though snug. I can feel something hard on the very crown of my head. Something isn't meshing right. Perhaps I can slightly modify the foam there.

I plan to wear the helmet to work tonight and see how it feels.

Jamie

Old 10-11-2013, 07:23 PM   #25
SgtDuster
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,149
Quote:
My head circumference is 22 3/4. The size chart puts me at a medium.

Seems to fit well, though snug. I can feel something hard on the very crown of my head. Something isn't meshing right. Perhaps I can slightly modify the foam there.

I plan to wear the helmet to work tonight and see how it feels.

Jamie
Thanks but what was the size of your Exo-700 please?
Old 10-12-2013, 03:35 AM   #26
Jamie Z
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Ordered the 410 today from Revzilla. Sizing chart says I should order a medium. My EXO-700 is a large. I ordered the medium.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtDuster View Post
Thanks but what was the size of your Exo-700 please?
Large

Old 10-24-2013, 07:27 AM   #27
Jamie Z
Beastly Adventurer

After wearing the EXO-410 for more than a week now, here are a few of my observations:

It's kinda loud, at least compared to my EXO-700. I wasn't expecting this. Reviews seemed to suggest that it was a quieter helmet. I've noticed that it's very sensitive to head angle and placement. If I move my held slightly forward or duck down a bit behind my shield, the noise level drops significantly. There seems to be a lot of turbulence around the neck.

The is one of the very few helmets I've had where I can actually feel the venting. If I open the top vents, I immediately feel the air flow over the top of my head. No, it's not a blast of air, but it's air, which is more than can be said about most other helmets I've tried.

The ventilation is a likely reason the helmet is so loud.

As I hoped the helmet has begun to break in a little bit. I suspect I was probably wearing a helmet that was too loose for all this time. If I put my EXO-700 (size large) on now, it feels very loose. The EXO-410 (size medium) feels snug, but hasn't ever become uncomfortable.

I haven't had to change shields so far, so I haven't really played with the release mechanism.

Unfortunately, my conclusion is that I would not buy this same helmet again. If I could, I'd return it. Problem is, there's no way to know it's too loud without trying the helmet on a ride, and after wearing and riding in it, it's not possible to send it back.

So... I'll wear it. It does the job. It's not a bad helmet. It's just not as good as I hoped.

Jamie

Old 10-24-2013, 08:28 AM   #28
browneye OP
PIN IT & BANG GEARS

Jamie, I wear ear plugs for any freeway running. No noise. But yeah, it's quieter behind a wind screen than without one. It is also quieter than my other helmets, a Zox full and a CL-MAX modular. The latter is a lot louder - wind roar I call it. I say this as a basis for what I've said on noise levels. Sorry you're disappointed.

I really like the helmet. But then I have a $200 expectation and not a $500 one. The other line I really liked but didn't get to try are the Nolans. Similar price point - would be curious about a side by side comparison.
Old 03-09-2014, 07:58 PM   #29
wavygravy87
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 138
Quick question?

I know this thread is kinda old, but I have a quick question for someone who owns one of these:

Does this helmet have a loud whistle when riding with the shield up? Like around 45mph..

I know that sounds like a kinda dumb question, but I bought two helmets last year and they both made a loud demon-like scream with the shield up. I can't handle that

2009 Suzuki DR650
2008 Yamaha FZ6
wavygravy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 09:29 PM   #30
browneye OP
PIN IT & BANG GEARS

Not that I have noticed. I wear Bobster glasses with it and ride with the screen up frequently - in town and off road, up to about 50mph.