User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-24-2013, 07:50 PM   #46
markusarealuis
Adventurer

Oddometer: 81
Cruising speed ?

You can ride all day long at 60 mph - provided its not on the Husky lol. Jk the seat is rock hard and expect a ton of vibrations. Oh; and the stock tires need an upgrade. Mine will cruise 60 easily. The motor has much more and sense I have added the FMF I have her to 98 before I got a bit of a death wobble out of the stock tires lol. Not sure what the top spend is?
Old 08-28-2013, 12:03 PM   #47
SCExpat
Ex-expat

Oddometer: 608
Quote:
Originally Posted by markusarealuis View Post
You can ride all day long at 60 mph - provided its not on the Husky lol. Jk the seat is rock hard and expect a ton of vibrations. Oh; and the stock tires need an upgrade. Mine will cruise 60 easily. The motor has much more and sense I have added the FMF I have her to 98 before I got a bit of a death wobble out of the stock tires lol. Not sure what the top spend is?
I guess the top spend is depleting your bank accounts and maxing out your credit cards....

Thanks for the reply. I have just heard so much about the "close ratio" transmission limiting cruising/top speed it made me think it would be winding out at 60 MPH

Bill (@Bills Husky) is checking availability of the TE511 now. Not to drift off topic......but even the dealers are not sure what the future models will be with the sale/merger.
SCExpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 01:32 PM   #48
sailah
Lampin' it

Oddometer: 5,505
I have the TXC511 and it is def not wound out at 60. Wish it was geared taller but then woods riding suffers.

Nessmuk
sailah is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 06:29 AM   #49
SCExpat
Ex-expat

Thanks Sailah. If the TE doesn't come in they have a great deal on a 2011 TXC511. But the Beta 520RS is tempting for the wide ratio gear box.

SCExpat screwed with this post 08-30-2013 at 06:39 AM
Old 08-30-2013, 06:38 AM   #50
sailah
Lampin' it

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCExpat View Post
Thanks Sailah. If the TE doesn't come in they have a great deal on a 2011 TXE511.
I probably don't need to rehash the struggles I had with my 2011 TXC449, which is why I got a 2012 TXC511 as a straight swap from Husky, but my advice is to go with a 2012 or newer. Mine would have this cutting out problem, not flame out, and I guess it was fixed in 2012 as they found the wires going to the computer were stretched too tight? Something like that,maybe there is a fix already. That said I love the TXC vs the TE but you give up a lot of convenience for that. For me it was worth it.

I do know that the 511 in any flavor is a beast. at the time I was buying, the TXC was a better deal, enough to pay to dualsport it myself. I started out that way then put it back to just dirt. The reasons I went with the TXC were closed chamber forks (awesome), the titanium Akrapovic pipe, and I think the motor is juiced just a little over the TE.

The TXC forks, to me, in a woods riding east coast rocky, muddy, rooty environment were way too harsh. It was recommended to pull 20cc out of each fork leg and that made a HUGE difference. These are the closed chamber forks not sure about the OC versions.

I do wish it had a better top end, the gears are pretty close, but I rarely find myself out of 3rd gear on a typical woods day and once a blue moon on the road.

I really like what the OP has done to make his a mini ADV bike. I thought long and hard about making it my rally bike for the ALCAN then decided it was too much work.

Nessmuk
Old 08-30-2013, 07:59 PM   #51
sailah
Lampin' it

PC'ed my swingarm today

Nessmuk
Old 09-01-2013, 12:22 PM   #52
SCExpat
Ex-expat

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailah View Post
I probably don't need to rehash the struggles I had with my 2011 TXC449, which is why I got a 2012 TXC511 as a straight swap from Husky, but my advice is to go with a 2012 or newer. Mine would have this cutting out problem, not flame out, and I guess it was fixed in 2012 as they found the wires going to the computer were stretched too tight? Something like that,maybe there is a fix already. That said I love the TXC vs the TE but you give up a lot of convenience for that. For me it was worth it.

I do know that the 511 in any flavor is a beast. at the time I was buying, the TXC was a better deal, enough to pay to dualsport it myself. I started out that way then put it back to just dirt. The reasons I went with the TXC were closed chamber forks (awesome), the titanium Akrapovic pipe, and I think the motor is juiced just a little over the TE.

The TXC forks, to me, in a woods riding east coast rocky, muddy, rooty environment were way too harsh. It was recommended to pull 20cc out of each fork leg and that made a HUGE difference. These are the closed chamber forks not sure about the OC versions.

I do wish it had a better top end, the gears are pretty close, but I rarely find myself out of 3rd gear on a typical woods day and once a blue moon on the road.

I really like what the OP has done to make his a mini ADV bike. I thought long and hard about making it my rally bike for the ALCAN then decided it was too much work.
Thanks for the info. I had no idea there was that kind of a problem on the 2011. The bike is at Bills Husky and he has a great reputation so I think any such problem would be corrected.
Old 09-01-2013, 02:11 PM   #53
sailah
Lampin' it

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCExpat View Post
Thanks for the info. I had no idea there was that kind of a problem on the 2011. The bike is at Bills Husky and he has a great reputation so I think any such problem would be corrected.
I have a buddy who has the EXACT same TXC449 and has had zero problems. I have two other local riding buddies who have TXC511 and have had zero problems. I think I had a lemon, but other have reported similar issues. I don't fault Husky for an isolated problem, happens with every brand. I was very pleased to get a brand new bike out of the deal at no cost. Especially since I really put some hard miles on the 2011

Nessmuk
Old 09-12-2013, 06:07 PM   #54
blaster11 OP
Enabler

Oddometer: 6,708
Added 1 inch bar risers

Sorry no write up or pictures right now but I added some 1 inch bar risers tonight.....hopefully that will make it a bit more comfortable while standing on the trails. Hopefully I will get a chance to try them out this weekend.
blaster11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 06:27 PM   #55
gastone
R.I.P. sweet Angus

Oddometer: 2,141
Bruce,

I know you said you probably won't add a license plate light, but if you do, this one is pretty slick. It's what I picked up for the Xc.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It even matches the huskys hard lines.
VAC
You can bet your sweet ass and half a titty...
gastone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 07:04 PM   #56
gastone
R.I.P. sweet Angus

Oddometer: 2,141
Bruce, wasn't even thinking dude. If you want that light, lemme know.
VAC
You can bet your sweet ass and half a titty...
gastone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 07:15 AM   #57
markusarealuis
Adventurer

Oddometer: 81
Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailah View Post
PC'ed my swingarm today

Why did you PC your swing arm? Just do as I do; cover it is nicely caked on mud and dirt and bingo -- Husky in her natural state.
Old 09-13-2013, 07:48 AM   #58
blaster11 OP
Enabler

Quote:
Originally Posted by gastone View Post
Bruce,

I know you said you probably won't add a license plate light, but if you do, this one is pretty slick. It's what I picked up for the Xc.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It even matches the huskys hard lines.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gastone View Post
Bruce, wasn't even thinking dude. If you want that light, lemme know.
Thanks for the information...I will get back with you on it.
Old 10-04-2013, 04:38 AM   #59
so-cal-david
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Bruce,
How did the power- up jumper work out? any problems?
so-cal-david is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 05:18 PM   #60
blaster11 OP
Enabler

Quote:
Originally Posted by so-cal-david View Post
Bruce,
How did the power- up jumper work out? any problems?
Today is my first outing since installing the jumper and what I did notice is that my mileage has gone down quite a bit, 54 miles on 1.5 gallons whereas before I got 105 miles on 2.1 gallons before. A bit of a power increase but nothing substantial.