User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-22-2015, 06:36 PM   #1
SnoDrtRider OP
Got Snow?

Oddometer: 2,573
Deleting Personal POI and waypoints from internal memory?

I have a Garmin 660 I purchased from an inmate he added Custom POIs to the internal memory and every time I plug the unit into my computer and select "Receive from GPS" it downloads HIS POIs as well as what I am trying to download.
I have done a reset in which a pop up told me I would be deleting ALL personal info which I figured would trash the unwanted POIs but they keep returning they are not on the SD card but in internal memory.
This is using Basecamp which I cannot see a way to only DL the tracks with. In Mapsource I can select what I want to DL and it is no problem but I want to be able to use the "Create Adventure" Feature in Basecamp.
'80 Suzuki GS850G, '74 Honda MT250 Enduro
'71 Kawasaki 100,1971 Honda SL70, Sears Mini Bike
SnoDrtRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 07:13 PM   #2
DRTBYK
Long Haul Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,009
Connect the zumo 660 to your computer and use Windows Explorer (My Computer) to open the zumo "Drive". You want to go to /Garmin/POI/ and delete the whatever he named it.GPI file(s).

The other way to remove them is to use Garmin POILoader application and it will give you the option of deleting all of the Custom POI's.

Dan
All Things GPS
Reviews at www.GlobeRiders.com
DRTBYK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 03:31 AM   #3
SnoDrtRider OP
Got Snow?

Oddometer: 2,573
Thanks I'll give it a look.
'80 Suzuki GS850G, '74 Honda MT250 Enduro
'71 Kawasaki 100,1971 Honda SL70, Sears Mini Bike
SnoDrtRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 07:22 PM   #4
smbjm
Adventurer

Oddometer: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoDrtRider View Post
I have a Garmin 660 I purchased from an inmate he added Custom POIs to the internal memory and every time I plug the unit into my computer and select "Receive from GPS" it downloads HIS POIs as well as what I am trying to download.
I have done a reset in which a pop up told me I would be deleting ALL personal info which I figured would trash the unwanted POIs but they keep returning they are not on the SD card but in internal memory.
This is using Basecamp which I cannot see a way to only DL the tracks with. In Mapsource I can select what I want to DL and it is no problem but I want to be able to use the "Create Adventure" Feature in Basecamp.
First, Custom POIs should not download to your computer through BaseCamp. Favorites will download though. You can delete Favorites from you 660 through its menus. I don't have mine with me but I believe it's Tools/User Data/Favorites/Delete all or something like that. Once you've deleted the Favorites connect your 660 to your computer and browse to the Garmin folder in its internal memory and delete temp.gpx file and the current.gpx file.

Second, you can DL only the tracks you want to. With the 660 connected to your computer, open BaseCamp. In the left pane, you should see "Devices" below My collection. Click on the Internal Storage of your device then in the lower window highlight the items you want to import, right click and select "Send To" and select the list you want to import to. You can also click and drag the items into My Collection.
smbjm is offline   Reply With Quote