Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-05-2013, 06:26 PM   #451
Krasniewski
I don't ride much.

Oddometer: 1,039
Quote:
Originally Posted by k-moe View Post
It would make sense for most people in the U.S. since the majority treat their motorcycles as toys.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfLryoLqoq4
No more crab troubles to sort out...much less engine maintenance required overall.
Interesting build. Ugly as anything, but hey, you can't win 'em all.

I wonder what the range on that thing is... that could be a problem for bummin' around the country. I don't see a lot of CNG stations sitting around.
Krasniewski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 06:31 PM   #452
joexr
Banned

Oddometer: 3,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krasniewski View Post
Interesting build. Ugly as anything, but hey, you can't win 'em all.

I wonder what the range on that thing is... that could be a problem for bummin' around the country. I don't see a lot of CNG stations sitting around.
We've got one they built last year here in Clearwater , Fl.
joexr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 04:14 PM   #453
k-moe
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,535
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krasniewski View Post
\

I wonder what the range on that thing is...
Probably about the same as a chopper with a peanut tank....from the first bar in town to the last bar in town.
k-moe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 06:00 AM   #454
tmgs
...Trailers are for Boats

Oddometer: 965
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjack View Post
What they are saying is that if you redesign the engine for Emore, you can get higher power because Emore has higher octane which supports higher compression?
with less MPG from e-85 than 10% ethanol, so cost has to be part of the equation, for a while down south af atl there was a sign that had e-85 for about a buck less a gallon advertised
tmgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 06:06 AM   #455
tmgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevie88 View Post
What chaps my ass is the bullshit in your post. At most E-15 will ding you 5%, if you're getting 20 mpg on pure gas, you'll get 19 mpg on E-15. Hardly a back breaking reduction.

But you're not running pure gas now, are you? So the difference between E-10 and E-15 will be .33 mpg if you're still talking about that 20 mpg average.

my '07 R1200GS Adv, gets a solid 3 mpg less from ethanol (actually 4 most times) (e-10 still here) than good old fashion non ethanol gasoline, my bike gets 38 mpg on ethanol over a full tank (I fill up every 300 miles) when I can fill up with non ethanol I do, and I always get 41-42 mpg hand calculated. Not by the bikes OBC (which btw is strangely accurate)
Old 08-07-2013, 06:10 AM   #456
tmgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by k-moe View Post
Neither can petroleum. Imagine what fuel costs would be if the underlying infrastructure for delivery had to be paid for without any infusion of tax dollars. Then there is the history of leasing (and in some cases outright selling) drilling and mineral rights on public lands for pennies per acre.
it's ironic how much tax is on gas at the federal and state levels and how much tax dollars is giving right back to them for subsidies
Old 08-07-2013, 06:16 AM   #457
tmgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigShooter View Post
You will get less milage out of gas that has ANY volume of alcohol of any nature in it, period. Its mathmatical, due to it taking a larger volume of alcohol to air to achieve a sufficent fuel/air ratio.
There are two main reasons it is an idea fuel for certain racing applications: first,it has a much higher octane rating than gasoline, thereby supporting higher compression ratios. Second, because it takes so much more liquid in the charge volume, and liquids are non-compressible, it futher raises the running compression ratio. Ask any kart racer. All things else being equal, simply converting and engine to run alcohol, at the proper ratio, will gain horsepower.
That being said, there is no benefit for it to be in any highway vehicle. Not for emmissions, not for power benefits, and not cause " its good for ol Farmer John". I've run all the claimed numbers back when this was first a big issue and it doesnt add up anyway you try to swing it. And, dont believe for a second that its STILL not benefiting Big Oil. Its like the cartels cutting the cocaine with filler. They sell more product, cause now its not going as far, and the price NEVER went down!
Folks can keep feeling warm and fuzzy about it all they want, but everyone is getting screwed.
Oh, BTW, ol RANCHER John isnt liking the increased feed prices either. What about him?
Spot on, too bad not everyone will take some time to see what is happening out there in the real world instead of being hand fed by the media's "world"
Old 08-07-2013, 09:23 AM   #458
stevie88
That's gotta hurt

Oddometer: 16,735
Bullshit, big oil hates ethanol with the burning passion of a thousand suns.
Old 08-07-2013, 04:49 PM   #459
pmelby
Home Brew Adventurer

Oddometer: 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmgs View Post
..Spot on, too bad not everyone will take some time to see what is happening out there in the real world instead of being hand fed by the media's "world"

..it's ironic how much tax is on gas at the federal and state levels and how much tax dollars is giving right back to them for subsidies...

... my '07 R1200GS Adv, gets a solid 3 mpg less from ethanol (actually 4 most times) (e-10 still here) than good old fashion non ethanol gasoline, my bike gets 38 mpg on ethanol over a full tank (I fill up every 300 miles) when I can fill up with non ethanol I do, and I always get 41-42 mpg hand calculated. Not by the bikes OBC (which btw is strangely accurate) ...

...with less MPG from e-85 than 10% ethanol, so cost has to be part of the equation, for a while down south af atl there was a sign that had e-85 for about a buck less a gallon advertised
The force is strong with this one.

cheers,
melby
'85 K100RT
pmelby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 12:50 PM   #460
Snake Doctor
Crazy Bearded F***er

Oddometer: 125
We have plenty of resources in this country. From oil, coal, and natural gas, and the ability to be 85% reliant on our on resources. The OPEC cartel would be out of business, and demand would actually set the price instead of those idiots.

IBA# 55955
Snake Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 10:44 PM   #461
Steve G.
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,428
http://m.usatoday.com/article/news/2663215

Classic!!
Steve G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 07:18 AM   #462
joexr
Banned

Oddometer: 3,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve G. View Post
I'll say it again. PROTEST ETHANOL! BOYCOTT CORN and ALL CORN PRODUCTS. Screw the greedy farmers.We should start bumper-sticker campaigns.
joexr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 09:21 PM   #463
stevie88
That's gotta hurt

Oddometer: 16,735
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve G. View Post
Classic indeed! You stupid fuckers read a cheesy editorial in USA Today that derives its information from the oil company funded Energy Policy Research Foundation and can't even see the faulty logic it uses.
Old 08-21-2013, 06:37 AM   #464
1911fan
Master of the Obvious

Oddometer: 2,328
Quote:
...that derives its information from the oil company funded blah blah blah...
Stevie, if you'd bothered to spend 10 seconds clicking on the links in the article, you'd see where they got their data. Here's one source: http://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/hist/Lea...s=MCRFPUS2&f=A and here's another: http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/R40155.pdf The second source in particular (Congressional Research Office) is interesting reading, if you've got an open mind.
Which you don't, obviously. You're also resorting to ad hominem attack again. Since you can't support your argument with facts you resort to calling us names, like "stupid fuckers". Nice.

1911fan

Sometimes the light to see your way forward is provided by the bridge burning behind you.

1911fan screwed with this post 08-21-2013 at 09:00 PM
1911fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 07:33 AM   #465
Steve G.
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,428
Quote:
Classic indeed! You stupid fuckers read a cheesy editorial in USA Today that derives its information from the oil company funded Energy Policy Research Foundation and can't even see the faulty logic it uses.

We've all figured you out man. You obviously are defending your livelyhood or something like that,,,obviously a biased view on the subject. In that respect everything you say on this subject can only be considered humourous fodder and information fluff. That you are calling people silly names as your only retort just confirms that you can only be considered a side show on this thread.
Steve G. is offline   Reply With Quote