User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-22-2013, 11:25 PM   #1
r'elise me OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 225
Earthrider SoCal Dayrides/Classes Rock!

Just got back from an awesome day ride/class with Earthrider/Laine MacTague focusing on sand riding. Yesterday I was a sand-fearing wimp on my GS, and today I feel like it's a lot of fun. These are awesome skill building classes for noobs and very experienced riders alike that focus on one important skill per day while riding through SoCal's best scenery and trails. l highly recommend these rides.

Today we rode about 50 miles north of Ojai CA which made the ride out to the trailhead on Hwy 30 one of the sweetest and most scenic twisty roads I've been on in SoCal - and no CHP! We focused on sand riding skills in a wash canyon the entire time we were offroad. Laine's an awesome teacher and ride leader. IMO, everyone interested in learning and improving serious riding skills should take these classes, particularly all those wanna be adventurers with GS's that haven't yet seen the dirt!

http://earthrider-amgi.blogspot.com/

12 year old boy - baddest-ass toy I've ever had
r'elise me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 10:30 PM   #2
SQ Beemer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 297
I agree. Laine is awesome. These classes are awesome. I was in said sand class and I rode off with the same feelings. I was scared shitless of sand before this class. Now, not only can I get through miles upon miles of it, I can do it pretty quickly! Knowing/reading/youtubing the techniques isn't enough. You need a professional to watch you and tell you what you're doing right and wrong.

I plan to take every one of these classes that I can fit into my calendar. I recall after my first class with him, I felt way more confident leaning the bike over, and on the ride home I wore the last of the little stubby thingies off of my tkc80 front, except for the very outside edge. It's interesting riding now, using all of my tires. Only took one day of counter balancing class.
SQ Beemer is offline   Reply With Quote