User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-01-2013, 06:37 PM   #1
NHKTM990 OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 92
She's Home She's Home!

Picked up the 990 Adv R today over at Ken's Yamaha in Norway Maine. It was fueled up and waiting for me with a temp tag, ready to go. Dropped the check on him, grabbed a KTM rain suit, since its been raining for like forever and was ready to ride.
My wingman came over on his Triumph Tiger so we could ride like real adventurer's! We took off towards Harrison, headed east around long lake into Naples. The bike is phenominal. It charges like a monster, handles like a dirt bike, and gives me far more wind protection than I thought it would. It is so stable, at all speeds. My buddy said when I would crank it for a pass, he could not keep up with the big twin and he's running a triple!
Here's the best part, the KTM stare. We were suiting up in rain gear, and everyone that walked by on the causeway was just gawking at the bike asking questions. The most impressive bike I have ever owned! so happy.....
NHKTM990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 06:42 PM   #2
EvilClown
Reality show stunt double

Oddometer: 15,975

The future is no place to place your better days. ~ DMB

ECUADOR: Maintaining Rigid Flexibility
EvilClown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 11:42 PM   #3
GazzaFish
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 565
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHKTM990 View Post
Picked up the 990 Adv R today over at Ken's Yamaha in Norway Maine. It was fueled up and waiting for me with a temp tag, ready to go. Dropped the check on him, grabbed a KTM rain suit, since its been raining for like forever and was ready to ride.
My wingman came over on his Triumph Tiger so we could ride like real adventurer's! We took off towards Harrison, headed east around long lake into Naples. The bike is phenominal. It charges like a monster, handles like a dirt bike, and gives me far more wind protection than I thought it would. It is so stable, at all speeds. My buddy said when I would crank it for a pass, he could not keep up with the big twin and he's running a triple!
Here's the best part, the KTM stare. We were suiting up in rain gear, and everyone that walked by on the causeway was just gawking at the bike asking questions. The most impressive bike I have ever owned! so happy.....
Had my 990 nearly 9 months now and I commute on it 5 days a week and every day still feels like the first day. It doesn't wear off. I LOVE THIS BIKE and often find myself giving her a little pat on the side of the tank as we cruise towards a nice sunset..... NEVER GOING TO SELL IT..NEVER!!
GazzaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 06:37 PM   #4
DuctTape
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 351
It's really hard to stop even for gas so I'm waiting on my 10 gallon tanks so I don't have to.

Congrats!
2010 Ducati 1198S
DuctTape is offline   Reply With Quote