ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Old's Cool > Airheads
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-06-2014, 10:26 AM   #151
nmalozzi
airheaded
 
nmalozzi's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2013
Location: Denver, CO
Oddometer: 322
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big B View Post
...
It's a shorter thread? Wow, can't imagine why? I humbly DO NOT support changing to this format.

I propose:
- An Airhead Flea Market sub-forum within the Airhead forum.
- Ads are created by starting a new thread in said sub-forum.
- Discussion is permitted in each thread if it pertains to the item for sale.
- PMs for sale details/private info exchange.
- If item sells post that is has. Mods can feel free to delete the thread if there is no useful discussion around the item (ie: item is listed, and sells right away). Mods decision is final.

Much easy. Learning. Wow. All happy. Airheads. Vroom.
__________________
-nick malozzi
83 BMW r80rt aka Beatrix
nmalozzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 04:00 PM   #152
Big B
Luft Kopf
 
Big B's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Victoria Down Under
Oddometer: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmalozzi View Post
It's a shorter thread? Wow, can't imagine why? .
I will explain when the item is sold the post is nuked by the OP, thus reducing the clutter and work for the Mod.
I think you are confusing a shorter thread for nothing posted, quite the contrary there is a reasonably high posting rate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmalozzi View Post

I propose:
- An Airhead Flea Market sub-forum
A whole sub forum ?
I think that you have steeped onto a whole different level of technical difficulty now....but I could be wrong.

I challenge all to go and look at the various flea Markets, the main flea market, the Aussie, Kiwi, European, South American etc
Look at how they are run, see what you think .

We'll enough said time to let others have there say.
__________________
Big B
93 R100GSPD

Ride Reports
The Road to Nowhere
The Plan is there is NO PLAN! A Vietnamese Odyssey

"Semper in stercore versor, solum altitudo mutat"
Big B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 06:42 AM   #153
Skyshadow
Tree hugger
 
Skyshadow's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2014
Location: By the hemlock tree on top of a hill
Oddometer: 640
this is much ado about nothing......
__________________
-Flying Donut Motorcycle Club where half the fun is not having fun at all. If you agree you are a member and continuing the legacy of a great man. In memory of Vineyarder

-You ride a Harley, BMW, KTM.....that's cool!! Always great to be on two wheels.
Skyshadow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 01:04 PM   #154
Plaka
Banned
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Oddometer: 4,573
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmalozzi View Post
It's a shorter thread? Wow, can't imagine why? I humbly DO NOT support changing to this format.

I propose:
- An Airhead Flea Market sub-forum within the Airhead forum.
- Ads are created by starting a new thread in said sub-forum.
- Discussion is permitted in each thread if it pertains to the item for sale.
- PMs for sale details/private info exchange.
- If item sells post that is has. Mods can feel free to delete the thread if there is no useful discussion around the item (ie: item is listed, and sells right away). Mods decision is final.

Much easy. Learning. Wow. All happy. Airheads. Vroom.
The problem with a sub-forum is posts bump every time there is a reply.

So rather than the newest ads at the top you get the most discussed ads at the top.

I would like the best of both. Newest ads at top always and the ability to do plenty of discussion on any item right there with the ad.

This is working with the single thread format in some places because the number of people discussing is small (regional forum), they know each other RL so the discussion tends to be relevant and lively and there isn't a lot of discussion so new ads work and don't get lost in the chatter.
Plaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 01:06 PM   #155
Plaka
Banned
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Oddometer: 4,573
front fenders...modify and sell.

I got a bunch of ratty /7 front fenders. Think I should modify them into cafe/bobber fronts and sell them or just stuff them in the trash?
Plaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 01:16 PM   #156
nmalozzi
airheaded
 
nmalozzi's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2013
Location: Denver, CO
Oddometer: 322
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plaka View Post
I got a bunch of ratty /7 front fenders. Think I should modify them into cafe/bobber fronts and sell them or just stuff them in the trash?
I'll take one if you just plan on throwing them away... I'd like to take a stab at cutting a cafe fender and don't want to ruin mine in the process.
__________________
-nick malozzi
83 BMW r80rt aka Beatrix
nmalozzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 01:16 PM   #157
disston
ShadeTreeExpert
 
disston's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: Silver Spring, Md
Oddometer: 8,012
As soon as you throw them away they will become collectors items.

Sell as is for cheap maybe? I know it can be hard to give away fenders unless they have good paint.
__________________
.
Never memorize something you can look up.
---Albert Einstein

Pay your debt, piratejohn.http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=949341
disston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 01:35 PM   #158
Plaka
Banned
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Oddometer: 4,573
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmalozzi View Post
I'll take one if you just plan on throwing them away... I'd like to take a stab at cutting a cafe fender and don't want to ruin mine in the process.
Grab a 12pack of PBR and come take your pick. I'm in Longmont.

A lot of the Cafe Fenders I see done are sort of lame---the curved cuts aren't the sexy curves they should be---in my expert opinion of course.
Plaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 07:42 PM   #159
Plaka
Banned
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Oddometer: 4,573
No maintenance

except oil and tires---and it has 77K.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...postcount=2287


That something you want to put in an ad????
Plaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 12:21 PM   #160
Skyshadow
Tree hugger
 
Skyshadow's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2014
Location: By the hemlock tree on top of a hill
Oddometer: 640
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plaka View Post
except oil and tires---and it has 77K.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...postcount=2287


That something you want to put in an ad????
just shows how rugged Airheads are
__________________
-Flying Donut Motorcycle Club where half the fun is not having fun at all. If you agree you are a member and continuing the legacy of a great man. In memory of Vineyarder

-You ride a Harley, BMW, KTM.....that's cool!! Always great to be on two wheels.
Skyshadow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 02:00 PM   #161
Plaka
Banned
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Oddometer: 4,573
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyshadow View Post
just shows how rugged Airheads are
Or how stupid some owners are. Saying you have complete maintenance records is smart. Saying maintenance isn't needed makes it an instant do-not-buy. The owners manual shows the minimum that should be done, and when.

That thing backfired on Land Rover. When the vehicles were re-introduced to the NA market there were two page magazine spreads showing a Rover crashing though the jungle and proclaiming, "Made it 700 miles running on Banana oil!". The British thought this showed how tough they were. The Americans wondered what happened to the oil that was in it when it left home. The ads were changed.
Plaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 03:32 AM   #162
Skyshadow
Tree hugger
 
Skyshadow's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2014
Location: By the hemlock tree on top of a hill
Oddometer: 640
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plaka View Post
Or how stupid some owners are. Saying you have complete maintenance records is smart. Saying maintenance isn't needed makes it an instant do-not-buy. The owners manual shows the minimum that should be done, and when.

That thing backfired on Land Rover. When the vehicles were re-introduced to the NA market there were two page magazine spreads showing a Rover crashing though the jungle and proclaiming, "Made it 700 miles running on Banana oil!". The British thought this showed how tough they were. The Americans wondered what happened to the oil that was in it when it left home. The ads were changed.
meh...I'd buy it.....common sense says that they did do some maintenance. Simply read between the lines. Valves and carbs need work or the bike would not run....simple as that.

On the land rover........actually I like that ad. If Americans are so dumb and to take an ad literally...well...they are simply dumb.
__________________
-Flying Donut Motorcycle Club where half the fun is not having fun at all. If you agree you are a member and continuing the legacy of a great man. In memory of Vineyarder

-You ride a Harley, BMW, KTM.....that's cool!! Always great to be on two wheels.
Skyshadow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 10:57 AM   #163
johnyrrr
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: South Lyon Michigan
Oddometer: 177
MAC Exhaust

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=977521
johnyrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 09:53 AM   #164
Chad M
Custom User Title
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: N49, W4
Oddometer: 748
I moved this from the Flea Market to the appropriate discussion location... though it doesn't make much sense all by itself.

S. Meyer sells a nice reproduction of those pods now:

http://www.meyer-bikes.de/index.php?...rt=62131357869

and if you're feeling rich:

http://www.meyer-bikes.de/index.php?...t=62131244638U
Chad M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 05:48 AM   #165
MotorcycleWriter
Studly Adventurer
 
MotorcycleWriter's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2012
Location: N.Alabama, World's Rockiest Trails
Oddometer: 770
WTB Airhead clock

Looking for a green-face airhead clock for my GS-->PD build. Anybody have one they want to unload? PM me.

Cheers,

John
MotorcycleWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 04:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014