User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-30-2010, 01:41 PM   #1
BordenBmw OP
TheFrenchRider

Oddometer: 735
Mitas E-10

Anybody tried those on their GS/GSA yet?. They look like TCK80's but they cost 50% less.

http://www.mx1canada.com/Mitas-Dualsport-DOT-Tires/

The new Mitas E-10 tread has been developed as a universal enduro tyre with excellent self-cleaning properties and superb directional control on soft and hard surfaces. Thanks to its aggressive tread pattern, the E-10 is suitable for use on asphalt roads, poorly maintained tracks and light off-road terrain. This multi-purpose tyre is highly adaptable, enabling it to be used in a wide range of environments from sandy desert races to surfaced roads. The tread provides good traction during off-road use and excellent on-road stability at high speeds. On bends and corners, the E-10 gives a gentle turn-in and a stable follow-through with optimum directional control. Thanks to its superb durability (even when used on the road) and its high degree of adaptability to various environments of use, the E-10 is an ideal choice for long road journeys and off-road sports use.

The E-10 is being launched in two sizes:
150/70 B17 M/C 69T E-10 TL (for rear wheels) and 110/80 B19 M/C 59T E-10 TL (for front wheels).

Other sizes will be introduced during 2010: 90/90B21M/C 54H E-10 TL (for front wheels) and 140/80B17M/C 69T E-10 TL, 140/80B18M/C 70T E-10 TL, 150/70B18M/C 70T E-10 TL (for rear wheels).

All sizes will be available only as tubeless and in category T (speeds of up to 190km/h)
BordenBmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 01:47 PM   #2
bigdave-gs
Explorer

Oddometer: 2,368
WOW, I wish they made the E-07 in a size for the GSA.

Ridden so many bikes I lost count ! ! !
bigdave-gs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 02:49 PM   #3
hasenwerk
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,256
I have the Mitas 140/80-17 and 90/90 21 E-09 Dakar (will have 21 once Canada Post drops off my 1.85x21" from Woody's) on my 1100 GS

So far I am very impressed with the rear tire. REALLY stiff side walls - harder to mount than a TKC-80 - but I guess that's a good thing!

I have had a lot of people tell me they suck in the wet, but so far with lots of rain the past week, I haven't found them any more worse than a TKC-80.

The E-10 looks like a great tire - but I needed a matching 21 for my new wheel - and they E-09 Dakars are cheaper still!

ADVRIDER Discount: BMW F650 GS & Dakar / G650 GS & Sertao "Adventure Extender" 6L / 1.6gal Auxiliary Fuel Tanks
hasenwerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 04:13 PM   #4
funhouse
Overdue

Oddometer: 3,044
the prices say 'chinese'

.....and my german bike doesn't speak chinese.....and refuses to learn...... Bruce

http://picasaweb.google.com/funhouse750
funhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 06:18 PM   #5
Gravehunter
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by etheriault
Anybody tried those on their GS/GSA yet?. They look like TCK80's but they cost 50% less.

http://www.mx1canada.com/Mitas-Dualsport-DOT-Tires/
You can get TKC's for less and they have them in stock too. I keep watching these tires and they have never had any 19" fronts in stock when i've looked and never answer my emails as to when they are getting more in.
Old 08-30-2010, 07:27 PM   #6
BordenBmw OP
TheFrenchRider

Quote:
Originally Posted by funhouse
.....and my german bike doesn't speak chinese.....and refuses to learn...... Bruce

Those are made in Europe:
MITAS a.s. has production plants in Prague, Zlín, Otrokovice and Serbia, in which it makes a wide range of tyres of off-the-road tyres.
Old 08-30-2010, 07:28 PM   #7
hasenwerk
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by funhouse
That's funny... the Continental TKC-80s I took off my GS say MADE IN KOREA. The Mitas all say MADE IN CZECH REPUBLIC. Welche Reifen hast du, dass Deutsch sprechen? Seeing how Canada / USA doesn't seem to make any decent DOT off-road tires I'll send my money to the EU thank you very much. Czech makes much better beer than the Koreans - heck Czech beer rivals a lot of German beers - if you can't speak beer - why bother speaking!

ADVRIDER Discount: BMW F650 GS & Dakar / G650 GS & Sertao "Adventure Extender" 6L / 1.6gal Auxiliary Fuel Tanks
Old 08-30-2010, 07:31 PM   #8
hasenwerk
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravehunter
You can get TKC's for less and they have them in stock too. I keep watching these tires and they have never had any 19" fronts in stock when i've looked and never answer my emails as to when they are getting more in.
I ordered my tires from MX1CANADA.COM on Sunday (online) and got them on Tuesday. They have answered every email I have sent them. Other than being a happy customer - no personal gain from these statements.

Old 08-30-2010, 07:46 PM   #9
BordenBmw OP
TheFrenchRider

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasenwerk
I ordered my tires from MX1CANADA.COM on Sunday (online) and got them on Tuesday. They have answered every email I have sent them. Other than being a happy customer - no personal gain from these statements.

Let us know how they are like on/off road and wear compare with the TCK80, that would be great. From what I've read on European side, they should last longer.
Old 08-31-2010, 03:34 PM   #10
1coolbanana
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,375
Been using an E10 rear for the last 2500klms on a 2010 GSA.
About 1000 of those k's are off road.
Impressions compared to TKC:

TKC is better on road, E10 is very "squirmy" and at first feels like air pressure is way low but doesnt bother me too much.
Grip on road is about the same but E10 is easier to "back in to a corner" predictably whereas TKC just lets go

E10 seems to "bite" better in the dirt and pretty happy with it there.
Havent tried it in mud yet but TKC are crap in mud anyway!
Genrally better in the dirt than the TKC or Karoo.

I struggle to get 4000 klms from a TKC and am expecting the same or a bit more from the E10.

I will get another because its as its great for the price.

Hope that helps.
1coolbanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 05:00 PM   #11
Gravehunter
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1coolbanana
TKC is better on road, E10 is very "squirmy" and at first feels like air pressure is way low but doesnt bother me too much.
Grip on road is about the same but E10 is easier to "back in to a corner" predictably whereas TKC just lets go

E10 seems to "bite" better in the dirt and pretty happy with it there.
Havent tried it in mud yet but TKC are crap in mud anyway!
Genrally better in the dirt than the TKC or Karoo.
Thats just how i'd describe my E-09 rear. Disappointing to hear that of the E-10. Keep us updated as it wears down.
Old 08-31-2010, 05:07 PM   #12
1coolbanana
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Thats just how i'd describe my E-09 rear. Disappointing to hear that of the E-10. Keep us updated as it wears down.
Disappointing in what way? Do you mean the wear?
Old 08-31-2010, 06:00 PM   #13
Gravehunter
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1coolbanana
Disappointing in what way? Do you mean the wear?
No, i expect wear to not be stellar on knobbies now that i've worn out 3 sets. I was reffering to the "squirmy" feeling on slab. My E-09 is worn out and needing replacement. I am pretty happy with it except that i "feel" like its limiting on slab cornering. I say feel because who knows maybe its fine and just feels that way but i'm not going to push it very hard and find out.

I was hoping the E-10's would be kind of an inbetween from the E-09 and the TKC's. And maybe it is as we all have varying options on tires of course. I'd probably try a set out if they have any fronts available yet. I can push it another month maybe but will need some tires soon.
Old 08-31-2010, 06:45 PM   #14
MartiniMan
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 426
chapparral 256

Quote:
ordered the TKC80's on Saturday from Chaparral for $256 delivered.

I stayed with the TKC not for the off road but for the on road performance..

Dyslexics of the world . . . . UNTIE . . . .

I'm your huckleberry . . . .

05 R1200GS
02 Kaw Concourse
94 Kaw KLR650
MartiniMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 07:43 PM   #15
1coolbanana
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartiniMan
ordered the TKC80's on Saturday from Chaparral for $256 delivered.

I stayed with the TKC not for the off road but for the on road performance..

Lucky you, I have to pay $379 ($329 at best) just for a TKC rear or $239 for an E10 rear.

Wish I could get tyres for those prices