Thanks Overcomb3, will do.

Jeff
Super Tenere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 06:54 PM   #167
Super Tenere OP
Voyager

Oddometer: 323
Day 40

This morning my knee is hurting a bit less so it looks like I will survive, or maybe it's just all those pain killers doing wonders, time will tell.

Left Moab Ut. and made it to Durango Co. Via the Million Dollar Hwy that starts around Montrose and ends in Durango, this road goes over three mountain passes with the highest being 11008 ft, to get over each of the passes you go down each one and then back up with lots of switchbacks, beautiful road and scenery.

Currently at a McD and still need to find a place to stay so wish me luck.

Jeff
Old 08-12-2013, 03:41 AM   #168
sloj0
uber n00b

Oddometer: 30
One of the things I liked most about riding in the US was jumping off the main road and onto the unmarked dirt roads that accessed the national forest and wilderness areas and then just setting up camp wherever. It was so easy to find awesome places to wild camp there.
sloj0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 06:18 AM   #169
tvbh40a
PSUViking

Oddometer: 1,353
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Tenere View Post
This morning my knee is hurting a bit less so it looks like I will survive, or maybe it's just all those pain killers doing wonders, time will tell.

Left Moab Ut. and made it to Durango Co. Via the Million Dollar Hwy that starts around Montrose and ends in Durango, this road goes over three mountain passes with the highest being 11008 ft, to get over each of the passes you go down each one and then back up with lots of switchbacks, beautiful road and scenery.

Currently at a McD and still need to find a place to stay so wish me luck.

Jeff
UHMMMM pictures please.....
tvbh40a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 06:28 AM   #170
grahamspc
Smitty

Oddometer: 124
I'm in.just discovered thread..will catch up..similar demographic..born Ottawa..London Ont to 28 yrs then Pa USA to this point..retired and looking to put more miles on my 1200GS..the S10 really interests me.
grahamspc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 10:01 PM   #171
haydude
n00b

Oddometer: 2
What you need when you cross the border

Hey Jeff this is Mark K from Washington State, I've been keeping up on your trip and I was thinking what you need is a wrist rocket sling shot with some ball bearings.
haydude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 11:12 PM   #172
Super Tenere OP
Voyager

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvbh40a View Post
UHMMMM pictures please.....
Pictures are coming tvbh40a, just need the time to get my crap together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grahamspc View Post
I'm in.just discovered thread..will catch up..similar demographic..born Ottawa..London Ont to 28 yrs then Pa USA to this point..retired and looking to put more miles on my 1200GS..the S10 really interests me.
Thanks grahamspc, the S10 is a great bike, and so is the 1200GS, as for doing more miles, I will be heading to Mexico soon see you there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by haydude View Post
Hey Jeff this is Mark K from Washington State, I've been keeping up on your trip and I was thinking what you need is a wrist rocket sling shot with some ball bearings.
Will keep this in mind Mark, not sure what they are good for but I can think of a few things that would land me into jail though.

Jeff
Old 08-12-2013, 11:17 PM   #173
Super Tenere OP
Voyager

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloj0 View Post
One of the things I liked most about riding in the US was jumping off the main road and onto the unmarked dirt roads that accessed the national forest and wilderness areas and then just setting up camp wherever. It was so easy to find awesome places to wild camp there.
Thanks sloj0 wild camping has for some reason never been good to me, always end up with some problem with the authorities, just not lucky in picking the right spots I guess.

Jeff
Old 08-12-2013, 11:28 PM   #174
Super Tenere OP
Voyager

Day 41

Here is a shot of The Million Dollar Hwy from yesterday.

This morning headed towards The Mesa Verda National Park and did see the Ancestral Pueblo People Cliff Dwellings from the lookout points of course, I decided not to walk with my sore knee because it requires some extreme climes to get in.

The Ride in to Mesa Verde.

Cliff Palace.

Also did visit the Four Corners Monumeent.

Staying tonight in Kayenta, AZ with inmate HeadShrinker, after dinner we went to Monument Valley, and all I can say is awesome. The pictures are courtesy of HeadShrinker.

Riding into the sunset, like a true biker after a hard days ride.

Jeff
Old 08-13-2013, 01:50 AM   #175
AndrewT
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 175
In! Too bad you missed the (in)famous Tenerista Pluric in Salt Lake - he may have been busy entertaining the equally (in)famous Old Git Ray when you were there. I rode the Dempster last year on bald Battlewings on my T, and the portion below the Circle wasn't too bad. The portion above...well, it was miserable, with construction and windrows of scree fifty km long! We made it tho...looking forward to further updates. Good luck!
'04 KTM 625 SXC
AndrewT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 06:06 AM   #176
tvbh40a
PSUViking

Oddometer: 1,353
Nice

Pics. Appreciate them..
tvbh40a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 04:01 AM   #177
grahamspc
Smitty

Oddometer: 124
Great shots...may have missed some comments...how is the bike /gear/clothing etc holding up??...any issues so far...what is working well and what is getting mailed back to Ottawa.
grahamspc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 05:37 PM   #178
Icy Roads
Adventurer

Oddometer: 57
Awesome pictures

Million dollar highway looks like fun.
Old 08-14-2013, 09:02 PM   #179
Super Tenere OP
Voyager

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewT View Post
In! Too bad you missed the (in)famous Tenerista Pluric in Salt Lake - he may have been busy entertaining the equally (in)famous Old Git Ray when you were there. I rode the Dempster last year on bald Battlewings on my T, and the portion below the Circle wasn't too bad. The portion above...well, it was miserable, with construction and windrows of scree fifty km long! We made it tho...looking forward to further updates. Good luck!
Was following Old Git Ray before I left and thought he would be somewhere in South America by now, totally missed it, maybe I will run into him along the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvbh40a View Post
Pics. Appreciate them..
Glad to be of service my friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grahamspc View Post
Great shots...may have missed some comments...how is the bike /gear/clothing etc holding up??...any issues so far...what is working well and what is getting mailed back to Ottawa.
So far so good, a small thing that I will mention in my next post but other then that, touch wood. Will make a list as to what works or not later on so stay tuned for that one.

Jeff
Old 08-14-2013, 09:09 PM   #180
Super Tenere OP
Voyager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Roads View Post
Million dollar highway looks like fun.
Hey Icy Roads, they are and the picture does not do it justice, you will just have to go and see for yourself, also fond out that I missed the Corkscrew trail from Ouray, so something for next time I guess.

Jeff