Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2013, 05:06 PM   #226
Icy Roads
Adventurer

Oddometer: 57
Hotel California

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Tenere View Post
Here's a picture of The Coyote Village Tree house that we stayed in, this is a very cool place to go to if you have a chance. The owners Mike and Gus will treat you like family and entertain you with great stories from the past and present times, after having travelled a lot themselves they decided to build these place the way they would have liked something to be during there travelling days and so it has come to existence.

Travelled today from Loreto to La Paz and then decided to go see Hotel California in Todos Santos where we thought the Eagles recorded the original song Hotel California, well as it turns out this is a urban myth created by god knows who (most likely the owners), you can buy all the swag and commercialized items here though and all of it with Hotel California the Legend on it.

Wei had checked out earlier if there where any cheap hotel/motels around and he found Hotel Estancia Real in San Jose Del Cabo for 400 pesos, this place has AC, swimming pool and a protected area for the bikes, plus it is real nice.

Tomorrow back to La Paz and then a 18 hour trip with the Ferry to Mazatlan.

Jeff
On a dark desert highway, cool wind in my hair ......lol
Old 09-05-2013, 07:26 AM   #227
Super Tenere OP
Voyager

Oddometer: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyBones View Post
I made a similar trip last year - TJ, Ensenada, San Quintin, Loreto, La Paz, San Jose del Cabo, La Paz, then the ferry to Mazatlan and onwards. It was an amazing experience for me and I'm following your trip closely.

Enjoy the ferry ride - you, your bike and about 85 big trucks. But they serve beer!
Hey JoeyBones good to have you along, did you do a RR, would be interesting to read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilianoXR650L View Post
Hi

if you come to 200 road .....

probably i will be in your way ....
Emiliano we are heading your way today and was wondering if there is any good routes to follow as to don't go that way, any advice would be welcome, maybe we can see you somewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Diego View Post
Here ya go, Jeff:
Dan the picture won't show for me, make sure it's in public sharing mode.

Jeff
Super Tenere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 07:28 AM   #228
Super Tenere OP
Voyager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Roads View Post
On a dark desert highway, cool wind in my hair ......lol
Hey Icy Roads great song for sure and it is very much like this ride, love it.

Jeff
Old 09-05-2013, 07:32 AM   #229
Super Tenere OP
Voyager

Day 63 64

Day 63

Made the trip back to La Paz but you need to get go Pichilinque to get on the ferry, bought the tickets for the bike and rider for 1963 pesos $150 and this includes a free diner and breakfast plus a seat in the AC lounge with reclining seats and continuous movies. When you go to the ticket office you first need a size ticket from the size measuring guy that is next to the ticket office, the ladies at the office was so nice as to call the guy over for us and then get your boarding ticket, then at least two hours before boarding go through Aduana and then the weigh scale (74 pesos), this process is fairly simple but can be confusing as to where to go.

Once on board you will find yourself at the very bottom of the boat and will need to climb several stairs to get up and then trying to sleep was troublesome to say the least, baby’s and kids crying or running around, luckily after 11 they do turn off the movies and dim the light but for some this does not matter.

Did meet Alex, Vitor and Araia from www.saltyconscience.com that are travelling in a Van using there sporting adventure to promoting Latin America and a simpler way of life that can co exist with nature and culture, you can check out there web site and see for yourself.

Day64

Arrived in Mazatlan just before 12 and made our way to San Blas where we are staying at Hotel Posada Delray for 714 pesos, we had tried a few places but most had no secure parking or were more expensive.

Jeff
Old 09-06-2013, 08:09 AM   #230
Super Tenere OP
Voyager

Day 65

Travelling Hwy 200 along the west coast of Mexico is a very beautiful ride except for the speed bumps in the towns of course and the part we did today has lots of construction going on and did take more time as you end-up behind large convoy's of trucks/buses etc., the weather has been from very hot in the Baja and now a little rain that is a welcome relief from the sun and heat.

Puerto Vallarta pier.

Today from San Blas to Puerto Vallarta and currently staying at the Vallarta Sun Hotel/Hostel for 550 pesos,. Puerto Vallarta is right on the ocean front and is a real busy place with lots of things going on.

Today Further down the Hwy 200 towards Manzanillo.

Jeff
Old 09-06-2013, 05:54 PM   #231
drag123
Adventurer

Oddometer: 26
Quote:
Travelling Hwy 200 along the west coast of Mexico is a very beautiful ride except for the speed bumps in the towns of course and the part we did today has lots of construction going on and did take more time as you end-up behind large convoy's of trucks/buses etc., the weather has been from very hot in the Baja and now a little rain that is a welcome relief from the sun and heat.

Puerto Vallarta pier.

Today from San Blas to Puerto Vallarta and currently staying at the Vallarta Sun Hotel/Hostel for 550 pesos,. Puerto Vallarta is right on the ocean front and is a real busy place with lots of things going on.

Today Further down the Hwy 200 towards Manzanill

Jeff
Hey Jeff i have been following your RR for some time now. You are doing a grait job. I am planing a similar trip as you some day, do you think that i can do it with my FJR 1300? Or a dual sport is more suitable for the Mexican roads ? Drive safe. Steve
drag123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 06:45 PM   #232
Super Tenere OP
Voyager

Quote:
Originally Posted by drag123 View Post
Hey Jeff i have been following your RR for some time now. You are doing a grait job. I am planing a similar trip as you some day, do you think that i can do it with my FJR 1300? Or a dual sport is more suitable for the Mexican roads ? Drive safe. Steve
Hey Steve thanks for coming along and the FJR would be good if you only plan to stick to the roads and not that much off-road, I haven't completed the trip and maybe will come across some sections that are no choice but off-road, time will tell, maybe one of the other inmate can chime in on that.

Jeff
Old 09-06-2013, 06:49 PM   #233
Super Tenere OP
Voyager

Day 666 just kidding

Today started great this section from Puerto Vallarta to Manzanillo on Hwy 200 is such a sweet ride twisting and turning up and down through the mountains and this time not as much construction as in yesterdays ride, absolutely fun to do.

Then just before Manzanillo we were going through a small suburb of the town when a pick-up truck coming from the left looked like it wasn't going to stop so I hit the breaks and Wei slips on the sand covered road and rides into me, slam dunk down into the street crossing with me getting my right leg pinned again while being thrown off the bike, the people on the street were amazing though and in no time was the bike back up and off to the side, within 5 min the paramedics show up while I'm still laying there trying not to show that I'm in terrible pain and about to pass out, sweating like an idiot the paramedics checked my knee and says it looks like its not broken, but we can take you to the Hospital, I ask to be taken to the sidewalk so I can catch my breath from the shock.
While sitting there the paramedics stayed the whole time and made sure I was OK, he wrapped the knee in a stretch bandage and about 20min later I asked to be put back on my feet and see if I could walk, limping I tell the guys that I'm OK so they can take off but again they offer to take me to the Hospital, I'm fine just need to get back in the saddle, the ambulance did leave but sent one guy back until we took-off.
This is absolutely amazing here we are riding in what we consider a third world country and look at how great they treat you, even while sitting there a hobo setting on the corner comes up to me and offers his coke without asking nothing just giving me the gesture of here you need this more than me, strange occurrence of events and it's not like I need my leg to hurt anymore then it does already but it has taught me one thing, these people are great, not only just here but during this hole trip through Mexico.

Tomorrow will see how my knee and ankle feels, for now I'm limping again and will probable take a few weeks again to get somewhat better, back to the short walks, damn.

Jeff Limpalot
Old 09-06-2013, 06:57 PM   #234
tvbh40a
PSUViking

Oddometer: 1,403
Ouch

Hang in there limpalot. Ice and ibuprofen my friend.
tvbh40a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 07:38 PM   #235
DRRambler
AKA Albertastrom

Oddometer: 838
Quote:
these people are great, not only just here but during this hole trip through Mexico.

Jeff Limpalot
So far that has been my experience too. I hope your knee is not too damaged

D
DRRambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 05:02 AM   #236
grahamspc
Smitty

Oddometer: 142
Hope you heal quickly..I had similar situation couple of years ago..hurt my knee just b4 long ride...no problem riding but problem getting off GS and walking..diner stops were tuff for a few days...agree with previous post - ibuprofen seemed to help...take it easy.
grahamspc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 08:31 AM   #237
Super Tenere OP
Voyager

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvbh40a View Post
Hang in there limpalot. Ice and ibuprofen my friend.
Thanks tvbh40a will do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRRambler View Post
So far that has been my experience too. I hope your knee is not too damaged

D
Hey DRRambler, this morning it's hurting but will make it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grahamspc View Post
Hope you heal quickly..I had similar situation couple of years ago..hurt my knee just b4 long ride...no problem riding but problem getting off GS and walking..diner stops were tuff for a few days...agree with previous post - ibuprofen seemed to help...take it easy.
Thanks grahamspc, ibuprofen is my best friend for now and will take it easy for the next couple of days. That getting on and off is a challenge for sure, just hope I don't have any more of these events.

Jeff
Old 09-07-2013, 03:33 PM   #238
paulsc
Stromtrooper

Oddometer: 5
We just read about your crash Jeff, I hope it's not too bad and you get better quick!

Also thanks for the detailed ferry info, we're going to hop on tomorrow and it's coming in handy!
paulsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 06:53 PM   #239
Tripper-CMC
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
Limpy... again!

Outch!!!!... you're gonna feel that in the morning!

Keep ice on that knee Jeff. You gotta' stop pounding the crap out of that knee dude! Hopefully you don't have anything too serious going on with it.

I might suggest you find a pharmacy and see if you can get a neoprene knee support and maybe a reusable ice pack and a folding cane or walking stick for walking around. Stuff the ice pack in the brace to keep the swelling down if you can or use the elastic bandage to hold it there.

Let us know if you need anything that can help.

Greg
Tripper-CMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 06:21 AM   #240
brian2tall
Adventurer

Oddometer: 17
Sir Limpalot

Feeling your pain buddy. Hope its just another sprain. Glad it wasn't too serious an accident. How is Wei and how are the bikes? Still following daily with anticipation of your progress. Hope this doesn't keep you from your goals.
brian2tall is offline   Reply With Quote