Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2014, 11:44 AM   #541
Super Tenere OP
Voyager

Oddometer: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by LumpyOne View Post
Welcome back to the frozen tundra! Thanks for keeping up on the ride report and glad that you are home safe. I think I am going to get a new S10 this year and glad to see the old girl got you to your destination.

Tim
Thanks LumpyOne, the S10 is for sure one hell of a bike, and it was my pleasure to keep the ADVriders informed.

Jeff
Old 01-02-2014, 11:51 AM   #542
Super Tenere OP
Voyager

Home

Made it safe and sound to Kingston, Ontario after 25hrs with 12.5hrs of flying time, I was able to celebrated New Years eve with family.
I will be staying here for the next while sorting out some business matters and then back to Rockland/Ottawa to finish the books.
It's icy cold here and a real system shock for sure, after the hot 40c of Buenos Aires to minus 30c here, ouch.

I would like to wish everyone that followed along a very Happy New Year and may your dreams come true as it did for me, because without your support I would not have made it this far.

As I have said before an adventure like this will let you see nature and it's unbelievable beauty and will push your mental and physical ability to extremes that will go deep into your soul and after you think you have seen and felt it all it goes much further than that when meeting some of the most incredible people ever. I do believe that you have to live life to it's fullest so that you can feel what I have felt and so that you too will never have a regret.

A special heart felt thanks to all the ADVriders that opened there homes to me during this trip:
Sherpaguy in North Bay, Ontario
Albertabob in Pincher Creek, Alberta
GISdood, in Prince George, BC
Yukon Jon in Carmacks, Yukon
XB12R in Colombia Island, WA
dentedvw in Salt Lake City, Utah
HeadShrinker in Kayenta, AZ
Cmnthead in Las Tablas, Panama

And to those that I did meet and gave from there heart.
David Jeffrey in Eagle Plains, North West Territory
Steve & Wendy in Nanaimo, BC
Mark Kraft in Pasco, WA
Steve & Sylvia Scholte, Mountain Home, Idaho
Tim & Kari Page in San Diego, California
Dan & Nancy in Playa del Coco, Costa Rica.
Oscar & Family in Rio Grande, Argentina

I cannot thank all of you enough, because you helped make this ride possible.

Jeff

Super Tenere screwed with this post 01-08-2014 at 01:55 PM
Super Tenere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 12:15 PM   #543
hwunger
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 324
wow

wow man, congratulations on actually doing this !

hope you had one last cold Quilmes before leaving Bs As .... you will wish for 40C very soon !

they do the present thing on Jan 6th down there, los Reyes Magos - the three wise men bring presents, not Sanny Clos

anyway thank you for all the very useful tips - now have a rum toddy
hwunger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 08:03 PM   #544
#1Fan
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 692
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Tenere View Post
Made it safe and sound to Kingston, Ontario after 25hrs with 12.5hrs of flying time, I was able to celebrated New Years eve with family.
I will be staying here for the next while sorting out some business matters and then back to Rockland/Ottawa to finish the books.
It's icy cold here and a real system shock for sure, after the hot 40c of Buenos Aires to minus 30c here, ouch.

I would like to wish everyone that followed along a very Happy New Year and may your dreams come true as it did for me, because without your support I would not have made it this far.

As I have said before an adventure like this will let you see nature and it's unbelievable beauty and will push your mental and physical ability to extremes that will go deep into your sole and after you think you have seen and felt it all it goes much further than that when meeting some of the most incredible people ever. I do believe that you have to live life to it's fullest so that you can feel what I have felt and so that you too will never have a regret.

A special hart felt thanks to all the ADVriders that opened there homes to me during this trip:
Sherpaguy in North Bay, Ontario
Albertabob in Pincher Creek, Alberta
GISdood, in Prince George, BC
Yukon Jon in Carmacks, Yukon
XB12R in Colombia Island, WA
dentedvw in Salt Lake City, Utah
HeadShrinker in Kayenta, AZ
Cmnthead in Las Tablas, Panama

And to those that I did meet and gave from there hart.
David Jeffrey in Eagle Plains, North West Territory
Mark Kraft in Pasco, WA
Steve & Sylvia Scholte, Mountain Home, Idaho
Tim & Kari Page in San Diego, California
Dan & Nancy in Playa del Coco, Costa Rica.
Oscar & Family in Rio Grande, Argentina

I cannot thank all of you enough, because you helped make this ride possible.

Jeff
Welcome back home, Super Tenere! Thanks for the adventure. Here's to many more adventures!
Everyone should be so lucky as to be able to ride a motorbike through the Himalayas.
#1Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 12:02 PM   #545
Super Tenere OP
Voyager

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwunger View Post
wow man, congratulations on actually doing this !

hope you had one last cold Quilmes before leaving Bs As .... you will wish for 40C very soon !

they do the present thing on Jan 6th down there, los Reyes Magos - the three wise men bring presents, not Sanny Clos

anyway thank you for all the very useful tips - now have a rum toddy
Thanks hwunger, I did have one last Quilmes at the airport, did not want any leftover change, and already wishing for the heat .

Jeff
Old 01-03-2014, 12:05 PM   #546
Super Tenere OP
Voyager

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1Fan View Post
Welcome back home, Super Tenere! Thanks for the adventure. Here's to many more adventures!
Thanks #1Fan, I do hope that I can do more rides in the future, but only time will tell, for now lots of things to take care of.

Jeff
Old 01-03-2014, 09:16 PM   #547
Super Dave Hawaii
Ain't Dead Yet!

Oddometer: 232
Welcome Home!

Aloha Jeff,
Bet it's great to be home after your great adventure. Being the same age as you ,I love the fact that us old guy's still have it. Planning a trip to Baja in April myself. Keep riding and have a blast.
Thanks for taking us along!
Dave
Old 01-04-2014, 08:28 PM   #548
haydude
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Thank You

Jeff thanks for taking all of us along with you on this adventure, It's a bucket list item that many of us for one reason or another just won't get to. Some day I would like to head up your direction and say hi. Perhaps one of the two days of summer you have up there.
PS. The cows are doing fine and I did do a 200 mile ride this day 1/4/14.

Mark kraft
haydude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 11:32 AM   #549
Super Tenere OP
Voyager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Dave Hawaii View Post
Aloha Jeff,
Bet it's great to be home after your great adventure. Being the same age as you ,I love the fact that us old guy's still have it. Planning a trip to Baja in April myself. Keep riding and have a blast.
Thanks for taking us along!
Dave
Thanks Super Dave, us old guys rock for sure. I hope your ride will be a blast like mine, just remember to breath and take it all in.

Jeff
Old 01-05-2014, 11:42 AM   #550
Super Tenere OP
Voyager

Quote:
Originally Posted by haydude View Post
Jeff thanks for taking all of us along with you on this adventure, It's a bucket list item that many of us for one reason or another just won't get to. Some day I would like to head up your direction and say hi. Perhaps one of the two days of summer you have up there.
PS. The cows are doing fine and I did do a 200 mile ride this day 1/4/14.

Mark kraft
Hey Mark, did not realize it was you until I read your name and it sunk in. WOW it's great to hear from you and man what a ride we had, your one great personality and I'm so happy for the opportunity to have met and ridden with you.
Your always welcome to come down anytime and stay.

Jeff
Old 01-08-2014, 02:32 PM   #551
Super Tenere OP
Voyager

Bike Pick-up

Was finally able to pick up my bike last Monday from Toronto International Airport but not without first dishing out another $75 for miscellaneous and $175 for storage fees, apparently motorcycles are classified as hazardous goods and you have 24hrs to get them or face the ridiculous storage fees.

Called Air Canada when the bike arrived on Saturday and was advised that no one would be able to help me and get it through Customs, so wait till Monday. On Monday when I picked the bike up, no Customs agent needed to see the bike, they only needed the Way-Bill and Registration papers to give the OK.
Good stuff to know now that it's to late, so be aware.

Jeff
Old 01-08-2014, 04:27 PM   #552
brian2tall
Adventurer

Oddometer: 17
so close and yet so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Tenere View Post
Was finally able to pick up my bike last Monday from Toronto International Airport but not without first dishing out another $75 for miscellaneous and $175 for storage fees, apparently motorcycles are classified as hazardous goods and you have 24hrs to get them or face the ridiculous storage fees.

Called Air Canada when the bike arrived on Saturday and was advised that no one would be able to help me and get it through Customs, so wait till Monday. On Monday when I picked the bike up, no Customs agent needed to see the bike, they only needed the Way-Bill and Registration papers to give the OK.
Good stuff to know now that it's to late, so be aware.

Jeff
Too bad we didn't stop in at the airport while we were in Toronto at the bike show Saturday afternoon. I think it must have been right across the street. Glad you have it now, and will be awaiting spring so we can ride again.
brian2tall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 01:50 PM   #553
Fat Bear
Iron Butt #48477

Oddometer: 41
Jeff,

I started following your thread (from the beginning) when you were well into your trip and thoroughly enjoyed your stories and photos!

You were really able to "put a face on" your experiences that we could all enjoy - frankly, it was a fantastic read.

Thank you for sharing your experiences with us.

Steve
Fat Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 07:54 AM   #554
Super Tenere OP
Voyager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Bear View Post
Jeff,

I started following your thread (from the beginning) when you were well into your trip and thoroughly enjoyed your stories and photos!

You were really able to "put a face on" your experiences that we could all enjoy - frankly, it was a fantastic read.

Thank you for sharing your experiences with us.

Steve
Thank you Steve, for following and for your inspiring words, it was my pleasure to be able to do this.

Jeff
Old 01-12-2014, 07:59 AM   #555
Super Tenere OP
Voyager

Omission

There is a omission on day 38 that I did not post because at that time I did not want to alarm family members, I do feel now that it is necessary for you to know how dangerous it can be to ride alone, but at the same time saying this I also believe that everyone’s destiny has been laid out and that won't change no matter what you do. Knowing this to be true can set you free, don't do knowingly stupid things but live life to it's fullest like you have never done before.

Day 38 omission:
As the day moved on I was getting very dehydrated from the 47c temps out there, I had 1 ltr of water and was using it sparsely, it was that second drop that had me use most of all my water to get the bike back up. My leg was throbbing a lot, and then when I dropped the bike the third time I passed out from pain and exhaustion, I remember brief moments coming too and then fading back out, my mind was wandering through an array of the past and I was at peace with this, luckily a young Couple (Dave and Julie) in a Dodge Durango did pass by and revive me as I laid out there in the burning sun, I don't know what would have happened if they had not come, but I will forever be grateful that they did. They waited as I regained myself, then replenished my water supply and followed me for the next 5 hrs as I continued to head back to the road, a truly remarkable couple as they gave from there heart, them coming along at that moment was as if it was meant to be (my destiny call was answered, my roll has more in-store for me).

Jeff

Super Tenere screwed with this post 01-12-2014 at 09:39 AM
Super Tenere is offline   Reply With Quote