ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-13-2014, 07:16 AM   #556
LumpyOne
Gnarly Adventurer
 
LumpyOne's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: WestSconnie
Oddometer: 314
WOW! You sure did have an angel keeping a close eye on you. I couldn't imagine being in that situation but am really glad you were found and revived. There sure are some incredible people out there and it is amazing. Thanks for sharing.
LumpyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 09:04 PM   #557
#1Fan
Studly Adventurer
 
#1Fan's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Lakewood, CO , USA
Oddometer: 696
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Tenere View Post
There is a omission on day 38 that I did not post because at that time I did not want to alarm family members, I do feel now that it is necessary for you to know how dangerous it can be to ride alone, but at the same time saying this I also believe that everyone’s destiny has been laid out and that won't change no matter what you do. Knowing this to be true can set you free, don't do knowingly stupid things but live life to it's fullest like you have never done before.


Day 38 omission:
As the day moved on I was getting very dehydrated from the 47c temps out there, I had 1 ltr of water and was using it sparsely, it was that second drop that had me use most of all my water to get the bike back up. My leg was throbbing a lot, and then when I dropped the bike the third time I passed out from pain and exhaustion, I remember brief moments coming too and then fading back out, my mind was wandering through an array of the past and I was at peace with this, luckily a young Couple (Dave and Julie) in a Dodge Durango did pass by and revive me as I laid out there in the burning sun, I don't know what would have happened if they had not come, but I will forever be grateful that they did. They waited as I regained myself, then replenished my water supply and followed me for the next 5 hrs as I continued to head back to the road, a truly remarkable couple as they gave from there heart, them coming along at that moment was as if it was meant to be (my destiny call was answered, my roll has more in-store for me).

Jeff
Holy cow! Amazing that you continued on your trip!
__________________
08 KLR 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misery_Goat
Everyone should be so lucky as to be able to ride a motorbike through the Himalayas.
#1Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 06:26 PM   #558
Super Tenere OP
Voyager
 
Super Tenere's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2012
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Oddometer: 331
Quote:
Originally Posted by LumpyOne View Post
WOW! You sure did have an angel keeping a close eye on you. I couldn't imagine being in that situation but am really glad you were found and revived. There sure are some incredible people out there and it is amazing. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks LumpyOne, I think several angels were on my side that day. The one thing you find out on a trip like this is how amazing other people can be, and this is what really blew me away several times.

Jeff
__________________
Ottawa-Inuvik-TDF http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=899014
Super Tenere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 06:41 PM   #559
Super Tenere OP
Voyager
 
Super Tenere's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2012
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Oddometer: 331
Quote:
Originally Posted by #1Fan View Post
Holy cow! Amazing that you continued on your trip!
Thanks #1Fan, not continuing never entered my mind, I knew that as long as was able to get on my bike and go, I would do so. If it had come to a point that this was no longer possible, then and only then would I consider stopping. When your on a trip this long and take these kind of roads you know the risk of a crash is always possible, and it's up to you to decide as to how far are you willing to go.

Jeff
__________________
Ottawa-Inuvik-TDF http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=899014
Super Tenere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 09:22 PM   #560
#1Fan
Studly Adventurer
 
#1Fan's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Lakewood, CO , USA
Oddometer: 696
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Tenere View Post
Thanks #1Fan, not continuing never entered my mind, I knew that as long as was able to get on my bike and go, I would do so. If it had come to a point that this was no longer possible, then and only then would I consider stopping. When your on a trip this long and take these kind of roads you know the risk of a crash is always possible, and it's up to you to decide as to how far are you willing to go.

Jeff
I guess it's that kind of attitude that helps one finish a trip like you did.
__________________
08 KLR 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misery_Goat
Everyone should be so lucky as to be able to ride a motorbike through the Himalayas.
#1Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 08:17 AM   #561
Super Tenere OP
Voyager
 
Super Tenere's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2012
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Oddometer: 331
Karma

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1Fan View Post
I guess it's that kind of attitude that helps one finish a trip like you did.

Thank you so much #1Fan,


Persistence, good attitude (karma), ability to overcome any change and the love of life are the main components that will be found in any good adventure rider.


Most people know about karma and wonder if we have any control, the good news is we do, so the main thing you need to know about your Karma or the law of attraction that surrounds you is, that they are your thoughts that you have given energy to and these thoughts will move from your mental plane to your physical one and create your karma, these thoughts (karma) will be reflected back to you and will either give you (attract) happiness or bring you down.


Relentless is another key word that should be placed before all the above traits. Sadly I have seen too many fail because they did not have any of these ability's.

For those looking to do this trip I hope you have most or all of the above because this will determine with some luck if you make it or not.


Your ADV friend.
Jeff
__________________
Ottawa-Inuvik-TDF http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=899014

Super Tenere screwed with this post 01-20-2014 at 09:28 AM
Super Tenere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 06:38 PM   #562
FotoTEX
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Granbury Texas
Oddometer: 2,719
Great Ride Report. A very strong message for those riders from climates that are not so HOT and DRY, De-hydration can kill you. Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate, And ALWAYS carry more water than you think you need. It can save your life. Living and riding in Texas has taught me these valuable lessons.
FotoTEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 09:31 AM   #563
Super Tenere OP
Voyager
 
Super Tenere's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2012
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Oddometer: 331
Quote:
Originally Posted by FotoTEX View Post
Great Ride Report. A very strong message for those riders from climates that are not so HOT and DRY, De-hydration can kill you. Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate, And ALWAYS carry more water than you think you need. It can save your life. Living and riding in Texas has taught me these valuable lessons.
Thanks FotoTex, a very important lesson for sure as you have fond out and me also, there is never enough water when your out in the desert.

Jeff
__________________
Ottawa-Inuvik-TDF http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=899014
Super Tenere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 09:33 AM   #564
Super Tenere OP
Voyager
 
Super Tenere's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2012
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Oddometer: 331
Bike

I have received a few questions about which bike would be better and if I would use the S10 again, for me I would without a doubt. So in light of this I would like all to know what I think about these things, and hopefully not create to much confusion.


Which bike?. Everyone has there own opinion and I don't think one single bike can be good for everyone so it's up to the user as to how much or less are they comfortable with, and how much maintenance does this bike require and are you good in doing this or do you always need a shop. Consider the weight, tank range, speed you want to go, only on road or off road riding?, and how are you in handling all that. There is a perfect bike for everyone out there it's just a matter of finding the one made for you.
This is just some food for thought when your looking, and I hope it helps a little, so go out there and try as many as you can in order to find that one just for you .


Jeff
__________________
Ottawa-Inuvik-TDF http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=899014
Super Tenere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 10:34 AM   #565
drag123
Adventurer
 
drag123's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2013
Location: Ottawa Canada
Oddometer: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Tenere View Post
I have received a few questions about which bike would be better and if I would use the S10 again, for me I would without a doubt. So in light of this I would like all to know what I think about these things, and hopefully not create to much confusion.


Which bike?. Everyone has there own opinion and I don't think one single bike can be good for everyone so it's up to the user as to how much or less are they comfortable with, and how much maintenance does this bike require and are you good in doing this or do you always need a shop. Consider the weight, tank range, speed you want to go, only on road or off road riding?, and how are you in handling all that. There is a perfect bike for everyone out there it's just a matter of finding the one made for you.
This is just some food for thought when your looking, and I hope it helps a little, so go out there and try as many as you can in order to find that one just for you .


Jeff
Very good advice there Jeff and welcome back to Ottawa
drag123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 12:40 PM   #566
Super Tenere OP
Voyager
 
Super Tenere's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2012
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Oddometer: 331
Quote:
Originally Posted by drag123 View Post
Very good advice there Jeff and welcome back to Ottawa
Thanks drag123, it's good to be back home and yet I still feel as if I need to ride everyday, really hard to get back into a normal life.

Jeff
__________________
Ottawa-Inuvik-TDF http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=899014
Super Tenere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 01:46 PM   #567
DRRambler
AKA Albertastrom
 
DRRambler's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Vancouver Island
Oddometer: 839
Jeff, I am wondering how much time you needed to get from Ushuaia to BA. I'm trying to figure out a date to give the shipper. but I don't know how many days I should allow.

Thanks

Dave
DRRambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 02:15 PM   #568
Super Tenere OP
Voyager
 
Super Tenere's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2012
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Oddometer: 331
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRRambler View Post
Jeff, I am wondering how much time you needed to get from Ushuaia to BA. I'm trying to figure out a date to give the shipper. but I don't know how many days I should allow.

Thanks

Dave
Great ride and RR that your doing Dave, I'm still following along, and as for the amount of time, I did it in 6 days but was doing some days of 700km. The head to side wind is absolutely brutal the whole way to BA so be prepared for that. I don't think it could be done faster unless you would have the winds in your back the whole way, but don't count on it.

Jeff
__________________
Ottawa-Inuvik-TDF http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=899014
Super Tenere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 05:00 PM   #569
BTL
WINTER!! UGH!
 
BTL's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Location: St Albert. Alberta Canada. IBA Member 50093
Oddometer: 405
Super

The best RR I have seen to date. It was like riding along with you. You truly accomplished something most of us will never do for a variety of reasons.

It was a truly pleasurable read.

Brian.
__________________
I hate Winter.
BTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 05:07 PM   #570
DRRambler
AKA Albertastrom
 
DRRambler's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Vancouver Island
Oddometer: 839
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Tenere View Post
Great ride and RR that your doing Dave, I'm still following along, and as for the amount of time, I did it in 6 days but was doing some days of 700km. The head to side wind is absolutely brutal the whole way to BA so be prepared for that. I don't think it could be done faster unless you would have the winds in your back the whole way, but don't count on it.

Jeff
Thanks Jeff, I think I'm going to allow 8 days to get there.


Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
DRRambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 11:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014