Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2014, 05:29 PM   #571
NomadicOne
Adventurer

Oddometer: 30
8 days would be solid. I did Ushuaia-Rio Grande-Rio Gallegos-Puerto San Julian-Comodoro Rivadavia-Puerto Madryn-Bahia Blanca-Buenos Aires. Wind wasn't all that bad for me but there were some tense moments around Rio grande when passing/being passed by trucks with wind suddenly changing. Overall the distances are not too crazy but the heat, gas stops, borders and ferry ride add up.
Old 02-03-2014, 07:42 PM   #572
DRRambler
AKA Albertastrom

Oddometer: 837
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicOne View Post
8 days would be solid. I did Ushuaia-Rio Grande-Rio Gallegos-Puerto San Julian-Comodoro Rivadavia-Puerto Madryn-Bahia Blanca-Buenos Aires. Wind wasn't all that bad for me but there were some tense moments around Rio grande when passing/being passed by trucks with wind suddenly changing. Overall the distances are not too crazy but the heat, gas stops, borders and ferry ride add up.
I should say 10 days including 2 days to get to Punta Arenas. We are stopping in there to try and sell my friends KLR.
DRRambler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 10:36 AM   #573
Super Tenere OP
Voyager

Oddometer: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTL View Post
The best RR I have seen to date. It was like riding along with you. You truly accomplished something most of us will never do for a variety of reasons.

It was a truly pleasurable read.

Brian.
Thank you so much Brian for the uplifting comment. I have tried to report things as I did feel and experiance them along the road. And in the hope that the readers could relate to this.

Your ADV friend Jeff
Old 02-04-2014, 10:50 AM   #574
Super Tenere OP
Voyager

Quote:
Great to see your back Wei, hope you're able to get back into the swing of things. How did your Antarctic trip go and was it worth it, just curios.

Jeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRRambler View Post
I should say 10 days including 2 days to get to Punta Arenas. We are stopping in there to try and sell my friends KLR.
Good luck Dave with selling your friend's KLR, and if he sells the bike will he go back by bus or hop on with you? Anyway I guess time will tell.

Jeff
Old 02-04-2014, 12:07 PM   #575
pdks
Phil

Oddometer: 63
Wow, what an incredible journey. One for the record books. And also on my bucket-list!

Thank you and welcome home.
pdks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 10:11 AM   #576
Super Tenere OP
Voyager

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdks View Post
Wow, what an incredible journey. One for the record books. And also on my bucket-list!

Thank you and welcome home.
Thanks pdks for the comment, and I hope that you can fulfill that dream as I did.

Jeff
Old 02-06-2014, 03:18 PM   #577
GY1616
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 121
Jeff, your trip was a lot of fun to follow. I'm planning a small tour (compared to your trip!) from NY up to the Yukon in about 4 months time. I may PM you with a few questions, if you don't mind?
GY1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 07:56 AM   #578
NomadicOne
Adventurer

Oddometer: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Tenere View Post
Great to see your back Wei, hope you're able to get back into the swing of things. How did your Antarctic trip go and was it worth it, just curios.
Yes, my Antarctica cruise with G Adventures (a Canadian company) was fantastic! It was a lot of money but the last minute booking discount and the quality of the boat, expedition crew and the experience was totally worth it.

A few photos:

Old 02-08-2014, 11:53 AM   #579
Super Tenere OP
Voyager

Quote:
Originally Posted by GY1616 View Post
Jeff, your trip was a lot of fun to follow. I'm planning a small tour (compared to your trip!) from NY up to the Yukon in about 4 months time. I may PM you with a few questions, if you don't mind?
Thanks GY1616 for following along, and feel free to ask any time or if you need a space to camp while out this way let me know, I have lots of space but will be building my house so if you don't mind roughing it, you'll be fine.

Jeff
Old 02-08-2014, 11:59 AM   #580
Super Tenere OP
Voyager

Quote:
Yes, my Antarctica cruise with G Adventures (a Canadian company) was fantastic! It was a lot of money but the last minute booking discount and the quality of the boat, expedition crew and the experience was totally worth it.
Wow awesome pictures Wei absolutely stunning and so very glad you had a great time.

Jeff