Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-17-2013, 04:51 PM   #1
Baja Designs OP
Baja Designs

Oddometer: 503
Serious lighting for your V-strom

Hey Guys

Just thought id let you V-strom guys know about our model specific light kits we now offer. If you have any questions let me know and we also offer 10% off to forum members.

This complete kit allows for the Baja Designs Squadron 3" x 3" LED lights OR SII LED Lights to be properly mounted onto a Suzuki V-Strom DL650 (2004-'11) or DL1000 (2002-'12) with only minor modifications. Purchasing this kit will provide you with every necessary component for a complete installation (no other purchase is necessary).

Our Squadron 3” x 3” light is the next generation of LED lighting! This kit packs 8,600 Lumens that will truly annihilate the night. The Squadron exceeds HID output yet weighs only 12oz. Uses active Thermal Management, Single Layer Solid Core Copper Circuit Board and aircraft grade aluminum housing that maintains LED temperature within the defined operating limits. If you’re looking for the ultimate in LED lighting technology the Baja Designs Squadron is your answer!

This kit includes everything you'll need for complete installation:
- Baja Designs Squadron LED Lights (x2)
- Bike Specific Mounting Hardware
- Baja Designs Relay Harness
- Baja Designs Rear Harness w/fuse
- High Beam By-Pass Extension Wire Set
- Thumb switch w/bracket

Features: For Each Squadron
Weight: 12oz
IP69K Certified (Submersible to 9ft)
IK10 Compliant (Mechanical Impact Testing)
Vibration Rating: 7.7Grms
Operating Temperature: -40 Celsius to +80 Celsius
Hard coated polycarbonate lens
Lifetime Warranty
Specifications: For Each Squadron
Total Lumens: 4300
Stainless steel fasteners and mounts.
Front Lens: Hard coated Polycarbonate
Power Consumption: 42 watts
Uses four T6 Bin Cree XM-L2 LEDs at 5000K
49,930 hour LED life expectancy

Here's the Squadron kit http://www.bajadesigns.com/ProductDe...mNumber=497003

And the SII Kit http://www.bajadesigns.com/ProductDe...mNumber=487003

Thanks
Mike
mike@bajadesigns.com
Like our facebook page for all the latest BD news:https://www.facebook.com/BajaDesigns...gy?ref=tn_tnmn
Baja Designs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 10:19 AM   #2
Baja Designs OP
Baja Designs

Like our facebook page for all the latest BD news:https://www.facebook.com/BajaDesigns...gy?ref=tn_tnmn
Old 06-19-2013, 04:53 AM   #3
zeeede
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 886
Are those protected against a low-speed tipover by the crash bars and handlebars? How do they attach to the fairing? I've been looking for a Vstrom solution, but I'd hate to have my fairing crack and lights get smooshed just because my Vstrom decided it got sleepy and needed a nap in the dirt....

Can we see a close-up picture of where they attach to the fairing? Also, if your model Vstrom owner is brave enough, a picture of the bike lying on its side?

If you'd like someone to model a Vstrom lying on its side with the lights for your website, I'll do it free of charge if you send the lights free of charge...
zeeede is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 06:19 AM   #4
zeeede
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeeede View Post
Are those protected against a low-speed tipover by the crash bars and handlebars? How do they attach to the fairing? I've been looking for a Vstrom solution, but I'd hate to have my fairing crack and lights get smooshed just because my Vstrom decided it got sleepy and needed a nap in the dirt....

Can we see a close-up picture of where they attach to the fairing? Also, if your model Vstrom owner is brave enough, a picture of the bike lying on its side?
Old 07-01-2013, 06:40 AM   #5
zeeede
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Baja Designs

Last Activity: 06-28-2013 07:55 PM

Old 07-01-2013, 11:23 AM   #6
Baja Designs OP
Baja Designs

Quote:

If you'd like someone to model a Vstrom lying on its side with the lights for your website, I'll do it free of charge if you send the lights free of charge...
Hi Guys
Sorry about the delay I don't know how this thread slipped through all my searches.
Ill check with my co worker what other photos we have to show you, and see how brave the Vstrom owner is

Thanks
Mike
BD
Old 07-02-2013, 04:32 AM   #7
zeeede
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baja Designs View Post
Hi Guys
Sorry about the delay I don't know how this thread slipped through all my searches.
Ill check with my co worker what other photos we have to show you, and see how brave the Vstrom owner is

Thanks
Mike
BD

You should subscribe to the thread! Interested to see some up-close shots and whether or not the fairing may be damaged in a tip-over. My Vee likes to take naps when the going gets tough.
Old 07-02-2013, 09:02 AM   #8
Baja Designs OP
Baja Designs

Quote:

You should subscribe to the thread! Interested to see some up-close shots and whether or not the fairing may be damaged in a tip-over. My Vee likes to take naps when the going gets tough.
Now I subscribed haha Still working on getting some more photos and info but here's a straight on shot

The Brackets are also CNC aircraft grade aluminum so extremely durable.
Are the turn signals a common part that breaks in a tip over or no?

Thanks
Mike
Old 07-02-2013, 09:31 AM   #9
zeeede
Studly Adventurer

Quote:

The Brackets are also CNC aircraft grade aluminum so extremely durable.
Are the turn signals a common part that breaks in a tip over or no?

Thanks
Mike
Yeah, I think so. My buddy and I have both replaced our turn signals with something more durable after tip-overs. I was looking for a pic, but I think my bike usually ends up on the bark busters and the crash bars in the front. If I have the hard panniers on the back, that tends to offer a little extra protection.

It also makes a difference whether you set it down gently as you loose your balance or whether you land pretty hard. This picture makes it look not as bad, I think, because the middle of the trail (where the crash bars are leaning) is higher than where the wheels are. This was also a gentle set-down...

And in these pictures I have my panniers on, but that turn signal's pretty close:

Old 07-03-2013, 09:30 AM   #10
Moto-Kafe
Gnarly Entre-manure

Oddometer: 475
The OEM Turn Signals on all V-Stroms will typically "snap-off" in a fall or tip-over unless the bike is wearing crashbars and/or Rear Panniers. The stock TS stalks are non-flexible (i.e. rigid) and are not foregiving. Many V-Strom owners replace the expensive stockers with semi-flexible (and lots cheaper) Buell TS's.......or other aftermarket flexi-stalk units. Some inmates install "flush-mounted" units to avoid future crushing........but I don't recommend it since the signals do not protrude far enough out away from the headlight to be seen. Just my opinion.........
Moto-Kafe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 11:33 AM   #11
Baja Designs OP
Baja Designs

I see..it does look like a common area that can take some damage in a crash. The mounts and lights are built to last but I definitely see the concern for damage
Old 07-08-2013, 06:49 AM   #12
zeeede
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark444 View Post
Many V-Strom owners replace the expensive stockers with semi-flexible (and lots cheaper) Buell TS's...
Yeah, I have Buell turn signals on the front of my V.

Quote:
I see..it does look like a common area that can take some damage in a crash. The mounts and lights are built to last but I definitely see the concern for damage
Like I said, send me a set of lights and I'll drop my Vee and take some pictures for you... real world product testing!
Old 07-08-2013, 10:12 AM   #13
Shooplick
Adventurer

Oddometer: 33
night pics

could you post a night shot for those lights on the V?

I want some lights on my crf250l. and if im buying lights i want effn bright lights!

thanks

Jai
Shooplick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 02:37 PM   #14
Baja Designs OP
Baja Designs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooplick View Post
could you post a night shot for those lights on the V?

I want some lights on my crf250l. and if im buying lights i want effn bright lights!

thanks

Jai
Hi Jai

I unfortunately don't have two of the latest Squadrons on a V-Strom

Here is one picture during a night photo shoot. This was also the older Cree XML-1 now we are using the newer Cree XML-2 which went from 3600 Lumens to 4300 Lumens.