Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-02-2013, 06:00 AM   #16
Just Max
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by trailer Rails View Post
I noticed the weight of the veto bags, you think that would make much of a difference in a backpack style bag?
The weight is what you are paying for. it's all in how you load it.
Old 07-02-2013, 05:19 PM   #17
phoenix13
Banned

Oddometer: 307
Quote:
Originally Posted by trailer Rails View Post
I noticed the weight of the veto bags, you think that would make much of a difference in a backpack style bag?

well . . not if you're carrying it!

veto pro are definitely bomb proof, but at a cost.

the "hands -free" idea is attractive, but why burden yourself and pay for it in the latter part of your career with bad knees, back pain, and other ailments which come with trade work? will your boss or customers call and see how you're feeling? or even care? think of YOU first & foremost.

voice of some experience here. and when you kneel, stick a piece of cardboard or something down first. it's cumulative.
phoenix13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 02:04 PM   #18
Jamesville
a man of few posts

Oddometer: 66
Greenlee Tool Bag

I am an HVAC tech at a University and do my share of ladder carrying and trips to the roof too. I have been using this Greenlee bag for 5+ years. It suits my needs perfectly and has held up well. The interior of the bag has multiple loops for pliers, nut drivers and such. Even with all the loops occupied, it leaves a fair amount of space for carrying job specific items. Under the flap you see pictured is enough room for a VOM and on the other side, under a flap are vertical sections for your assortment of screwdrivers. Two smaller flapped storage areas are on the ends of the bag. I highly recommend this bag. It was $70+ when I bought it-but I would do it again in a minute.

http://www.greenlee.com/products/CAR...L-11%2522.html

Bob

Jamesville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 02:57 PM   #19
syntec4
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,283
Veto..

I've tried em all and these are the best. Although i do still make my own plywood and some fancy wooden ones as well.

The Veto is a bitch to get here in the UK and bloody expensive even for the small ones. But it's still worth the cost and effort. Mine is used all day every day. You can see in this pic a stanley one which lasted only a few months which is now relegated to tile tools. I also tried Makita, Dewalt and many others. The pockets always rip open at the bottom and as you say, the tools fall out the bottom.

Old 07-06-2013, 10:42 PM   #20
Tallboy
hiding in the tallgrass

Oddometer: 12,388
Another vote for the Veto ProPac.

I did a lot of shopping and research into the offerings and settled on the Veto. So very well thought out. Since I work in a manufacturing plant, I opted for the open top, but the closed top ones would be good for transport.

Todd Snider
Tallboy is offline   Reply With Quote