ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush > Crazy-Awesome almost Dakar racers (950/990cc)
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-01-2013, 07:35 PM   #16
DutchVDub
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2013
Location: Firestone, CO
Oddometer: 1,035
Sam here, after wrecking my KLR I started looking at 640 Adventures to replace it. Then I found my higher mileage 950 Adventure in the same price range and fell in love. After owning it for a month now my only regret is that its black and silver, so every chance I get I buy little orange things to put on it. Next up will probably be a CJ Designs clutch cover as I'm wanting to tear into the clutch anyway.

My wife is wanting a street bike and is convinced she wants a cruiser, I'm trying my damndest to get her onto some sort of KTM. I think the 690 Duke is the best hope I have. Worse case though the small dirt bikes will become orange branded.
__________________
2008 Honda Shadow 750 Spirit
2013 Kawasaki Concours 14
DutchVDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 07:49 PM   #17
DesertSurfer
Tail sprayin
 
DesertSurfer's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: City of the Angels
Oddometer: 1,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchVDub View Post
My only regret is that its black and silver, so every chance I get I buy little orange things to put on it.
Hey DutchVDub, About 8 weeks ago a European owner of same year and color bike added the "Meoni" racing orange accent to his. It's quite stunning and worth looking into. I think he posted in the "show off your 950/990" thread. You've got a great bike and great color combo, let it grow on you!!!
__________________
'"This whole memory lapse is gett'in to me. Hopefully I think I'll outgrow it."
DesertSurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 09:28 PM   #18
DutchVDub
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2013
Location: Firestone, CO
Oddometer: 1,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertSurfer View Post
Hey DutchVDub, About 8 weeks ago a European owner of same year and color bike added the "Meoni" racing orange accent to his. It's quite stunning and worth looking into. I think he posted in the "show off your 950/990" thread. You've got a great bike and great color combo, let it grow on you!!!

You talking about this one?
__________________
2008 Honda Shadow 750 Spirit
2013 Kawasaki Concours 14
DutchVDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 08:10 AM   #19
scottrnelson
Team Orange
 
scottrnelson's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Folsom, CA
Oddometer: 1,426
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchVDub View Post
...Then I found my higher mileage 950 Adventure in the same price range and fell in love. After owning it for a month now my only regret is that its black and silver, so every chance I get I buy little orange things to put on it.
I would gladly swap my orange bodywork for your silver if we were located a bit closer. I've never been a big fan of orange bikes.

__________________
__Scott R. Nelson, 2008 KTM 990 Adventure, 2001 Honda XR650L, Folsom, CA
scottrnelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 08:44 AM   #20
DutchVDub
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2013
Location: Firestone, CO
Oddometer: 1,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottrnelson View Post
I would gladly swap my orange bodywork for your silver if we were located a bit closer. I've never been a big fan of orange bikes.

but I'll need your fuel injection too as I'm fairly certain the tanks aren't interchangeable.
__________________
2008 Honda Shadow 750 Spirit
2013 Kawasaki Concours 14
DutchVDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 08:46 AM   #21
scottrnelson
Team Orange
 
scottrnelson's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Folsom, CA
Oddometer: 1,426
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchVDub View Post
but I'll need your fuel injection too as I'm fairly certain the tanks aren't interchangeable.
I'm pretty sure that the actual fuel tank is white plastic and that everything that is orange is some sort of cover. But I could be wrong.
__________________
__Scott R. Nelson, 2008 KTM 990 Adventure, 2001 Honda XR650L, Folsom, CA
scottrnelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 08:50 AM   #22
DutchVDub
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2013
Location: Firestone, CO
Oddometer: 1,035
Yeah, the tanks are painted/decaled so its a bit hard to change. All the rest of the plastics are easily swapped around. I'm sure you could find somebody in your area to swap plastics with you.
__________________
2008 Honda Shadow 750 Spirit
2013 Kawasaki Concours 14
DutchVDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 11:02 AM   #23
DesertSurfer
Tail sprayin
 
DesertSurfer's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: City of the Angels
Oddometer: 1,337
That's an option!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchVDub View Post
You talking about this one?
There ya go! A hint of orange in all the right places... goes a long way with the cool silver blue!

My second favorite rally replica color scheme, even above the Red Bull over blue and Repsol black/ orange...

But that's just my 'umble op'.
__________________
'"This whole memory lapse is gett'in to me. Hopefully I think I'll outgrow it."
DesertSurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 11:36 AM   #24
Orangecicle
Beastly Adventurer
 
Orangecicle's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: West Des Moines, IA
Oddometer: 2,336
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchVDub View Post
You talking about this one?
Soooo cool how a little color change makes the street bike very close to the look of the Meoni Dakar bike:

__________________
"I'd like to meet the joker who had the nerve to call this a road!" -- Walter Sigmann
"Gravity is a very fickle mistress." -- Unknown
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/brad.horn.9
Orangecicle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 12:07 PM   #25
DutchVDub
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2013
Location: Firestone, CO
Oddometer: 1,035
No I definitely like it. I might have to do something along those lines. Not an exact replica, but along that theme.
__________________
2008 Honda Shadow 750 Spirit
2013 Kawasaki Concours 14
DutchVDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 06:39 PM   #26
DesertSurfer
Tail sprayin
 
DesertSurfer's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: City of the Angels
Oddometer: 1,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangecicle View Post
Soooo cool how a little color change makes the street bike very close to the look of the Meoni Dakar bike:

Hehehe.... I've not heard a 950 Adventure referred to as a "street bike" before?

But there's a lot more in common with those two bikes then the paint job.
__________________
'"This whole memory lapse is gett'in to me. Hopefully I think I'll outgrow it."
DesertSurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 06:44 PM   #27
Orangecicle
Beastly Adventurer
 
Orangecicle's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: West Des Moines, IA
Oddometer: 2,336
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertSurfer View Post
Hehehe.... I've not heard a 950 Adventure referred to as a "street bike" before?

But there's a lot more in common with those two bikes then the paint job.
:) Yep. Poor choice of words. :)
__________________
"I'd like to meet the joker who had the nerve to call this a road!" -- Walter Sigmann
"Gravity is a very fickle mistress." -- Unknown
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/brad.horn.9
Orangecicle is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 11:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014