ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-23-2013, 12:11 AM   #31
tannerc OP
Pig Pilot

Oddometer: 282
Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by toadl View Post

If I have to drive by myself, I'm considering breaking my bike down and taking the seats out of my Mazda Protégé and hauling it inside the car.

Quote:
What days are we going for. Should I take Thursday and Friday off of work or Friday and Monday.
I am going to be out there on the 12th - leaving the 23rd
so take thurs and friday. or monday tuesday wednesday thursday friday..
tannerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 04:02 PM   #32
MotoChanik
Adventurer

Oddometer: 23
Quote:
No. Doesn't seem like anyone from MN is coming.
I'm sorta getting my act together and trying to get some time off. I PM'ed you some questions on timing. Hopefully things work out!
MotoChanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 06:05 PM   #33
ZIGGYND
Adventurer

Oddometer: 76
I'm still in too...if I can get my forks finished. Running into all sorts of trouble. A leaky seal turned into a revalve, turned into a busted valve shaft, turned into an expensive damn headache. Hopefully will get it back up and working with time to spare, but I thought I'd have it trail ready a month ago.
If all works out, I plan on arriving on the 19th and staying till Sunday.
ZIGGYND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 06:14 PM   #34
toadl
toadl

Oddometer: 851
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZIGGYND View Post
I'm still in too...if I can get my forks finished. Running into all sorts of trouble. A leaky seal turned into a revalve, turned into a busted valve shaft, turned into an expensive damn headache. Hopefully will get it back up and working with time to spare, but I thought I'd have it trail ready a month ago.
What if you buy a set of KLX300R forks off ebay?
I'm waiting to revalve the DRZ until winter. Speaking of the DRZ, It's had a really ruff summer.
Hope you can make it. If MotoChanik is depending on me to go, I'll be obligated to come and eat all the yellow M&M's.
Old 08-23-2013, 06:42 PM   #35
tannerc OP
Pig Pilot

Quote:
what if you buy a klx300r off ebay?
I'm waiting to revalve the drz until winter. Speaking of the drz, it's had a really ruff summer.
hope you can make it. If motochanik is depending on me to go, i'll be obligated to come and eat all the broken yellow m&m's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZIGGYND View Post
I had the same problem, except i was planning on re valving but when i was putting it all back together I messed up tightening everything down and crushed/bent all my hard to find expensive shims. Took forever to find the right shims again, all in all it was one of the best things i did to that pig.
Old 08-23-2013, 09:00 PM   #36
yourdrunkdad
I just wanna ride!!

Oddometer: 243
I'm not going to make it for any riding. Left leg is busted since a dear tried to ride with me last Friday. Will still be there to help as much as I can.
Old 08-24-2013, 08:05 AM   #37
ZIGGYND
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tannerc View Post
I had the same problem, except i was planning on re valving but when i was putting it all back together I messed up tightening everything down and crushed/bent all my hard to find expensive shims. Took forever to find the right shims again, all in all it was one of the best things i did to that pig.
Exactly. Pretty sure that's why I crashed this spring. The OEM valves on the KLX are a joke. Not sure how oil even flows through after seeing them up close.

Quote:
What if you buy a set of KLX300R forks off ebay?
Yeah, the 300r has basically the same valve set up. I ended up buying a new valve 1st. Busted that one too, and I am following the torque specs from racetechs install guide. Still snapped them.

I've contacted racetech and they are looking into it. Not holding my breath.

I'm now waiting on a set of 07' klx250 forks off ebay for close to the same price as the new valve, plus they have fork bleeders whereas the 09's don't. I should have time to finish barring unforeseen problems. Used forks due to arrive Tuesday!

Quote:
Hope you can make it. If MotoChanik is depending on me to go, I'll be obligated to come and eat all the yellow M&M's.
Thought you'd be eating the blue M&M's this go round!

ZIGGYND screwed with this post 08-24-2013 at 08:22 AM Reason: ...
Old 08-24-2013, 08:21 AM   #38
ZIGGYND
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourdrunkdad View Post
I'm not going to make it for any riding. Left leg is busted since a dear tried to ride with me last Friday. Will still be there to help as much as I can.
Damn!!! One of my biggest fears. Got lots of whitetails crossing the road on the way to my house. Had a couple close calls already.
Unfortunately I should be able to pick you out easily enough if we both make it to the rally.
Heal up, ride on.
Old 08-25-2013, 06:42 PM   #39
toadl
toadl

Finished my first endure today. 80 miles. 95 degrees. Never want to ride a dirtbike again. Give me a few days to change my mind.
Old 08-26-2013, 02:52 PM   #40
Lutz
Killer Rabbit

Oddometer: 1,306
I'm not sure how many of you may be interested, but WI DNR is working on repurposing the former Badger Ammunition site near Baraboo, WI. They're proposing three options:
  1. Do nothing. Basically let the land sit unused by anyone.
  2. Ecological restoration. Basically let the land sit unused by anyone.
  3. Recreational focus. Basically make the land accessible to the most people possible, including the potential for motorized recreation and shooting sports.
The WDNR is taking public comments on the proposals until this Friday, August 30. It's really important that we in the motorized recreation crowd make our voices heard, because there are already a lot of ANTI-ACCESS types making their voices heard.

This excerpt is from another thread focused on OHM recreation in WI. If you're interested, please follow the links, check out the details, and then make your own comments to the WDNR on the Sauk Prairie Recreation Area.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannonshot View Post
We only have until this Friday to get our comments in. If you haven't done so, please get on it right away. Pass the word to others of a like mind so they can comment as well.

It is very important that we make a strong showing in support of motorized recreation at this site.

We need this facility. It is also a step toward getting more opportunities in the future.

Thanks for participating!
Even though this is happening hundreds of miles from us, the outcome does directly impact our user group.
Lutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 03:54 PM   #41
Osnabrock
Ditch GPS

Oddometer: 236
Well done

Quote:
Finished my first endure today. 80 miles. 95 degrees. Never want to ride a dirtbike again. Give me a few days to change my mind.

Good job Toadl.
I would have liked to have been there but I heard about your excellent performance from one of our shared friends.
Osnabrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 04:38 PM   #42
toadl
toadl

Whose this guy on a street bike?

Shared faster friend. I was way to exhausted to hit the jump.
Old 08-26-2013, 05:34 PM   #43
tannerc OP
Pig Pilot

Thumb Nice

Quote:

Whose this guy on a street bike?

Id recognize that crutch anywhere!
Old 08-26-2013, 06:11 PM   #44
dufferv65
yeeHa

Oddometer: 45
Wicked

So how did all the inmates finish the race? In one peice?
Old 08-26-2013, 07:16 PM   #45
toadl
toadl

Quote:
Originally Posted by dufferv65 View Post
So how did all the inmates finish the race? In one peice?
I have a mysterious bruise on my butt about the size and shape of Australia. Don't know how I got it, but I'm in one piece. I did loose four pounds.
I was happy to finish the race, the bonus was a 4th place finish in my class.

Still too tired to ever get on a dirt bike again, but my son and I cleaned the bike up pretty good today. Maybe tomorrow I won't be so tired.