ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush > Ridiculous streetbikes with 6 CPUs and too much horsepower (1050/1190/1290cc)
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-16-2014, 08:01 AM   #1
Yvonnik OP
n00b

Oddometer: 7
Cyclops Optimus on a 1190 ADV

Hi,

After having tried the KTM auxiliary lights, I was not satisfied with the lighting of my bike. I already changed the high beam bulb for a Cyclops LED, that was a big improvement, but the KTM OEM Led has a light pattern that I really dislike : they light a "slit", with nothing above and not much below, and have a very wide angle horizontally. It's disturbing when driving, and front, long range lighthing I like is not here.

So I ordered a set of Optimus Cyclops auxiliary lights, with the dimmer and harness. I've ordered the Combo set, with a 10 and a 20 lights.

Replacing the stock aux lights with the Optimus has been quite easy. I decided to put them on SW-Motech supports instead of keeping the KTM harware (not stiff enough), or going on the crash bar : with the SW-Motech, the lights are higher and more to the front that on the crash-bar, decreasing interference with the fork. The 20 light is positioned on the right, following Cyclops advice. The SW-Motech supports are much stiffer than the KTM ones, and also much larger. As the lights are bigger too, I guess mounting the Optimus in lieu of the KTM is not possible.

Pictures available here, sorry they are not that good, my telephone is not efficient in low light : https://www.dropbox.com/sh/w2c0s6z93...lCaTFDbKa?dl=0

The width of the light kit is contained within the width of the crash bar.

One small thing : the bolts to fix the light on the support are much too long, so it's not very nice. I'm going to try to find black short bolts, or at least cut the existing ones and put them upside down.

I've installed the dimmer so that aux lights are at 10% when in low beam. This way, I have a nice non-blinding "visibility lights", and full power on high beam.

Just made a few tests yesterday evening : now at last lighting is fine, same league as my bi-xenon car ! Even if the LEDs are not hugely powerful, the precise reflector concentrate the beam right where needed.

For those who extensively use the bike at night, this is definitely a kit to consider.
Yvonnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 06:06 PM   #2
DirtJack
Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,382
Here's a link to my AUX light installation.
2008 KTM 690 Enduro
DirtJack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 08:40 AM   #3
Off Road Ryder
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,341
Thanks Guys! We really appreciate the Post
www.cyclopsadventuresports.com
1-800-624-0278
Off Road Ryder is offline   Reply With Quote