ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-26-2013, 09:20 AM   #121
Tails_KTM
Adventurer
 
Tails_KTM's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2012
Location: The Netherlands
Oddometer: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdvIvan View Post
I've had issues with:
- Coolant leakage (loose hose to radiator!!)
- Wind buffeting
- Some heat
Yep, I took out these points from the post above because I had them too. The dealer replaced the coolant hose and there is no more leaking.

They also replaced the sidestand spring under warranty. No idea why. It's really hard to kick in now.

Because I was out of the country for 3 months the bike has just been standing here with no battery tender attached. When I came back it fired right up, so that didn't annoy me at all. Nor riding it!
Tails_KTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 03:14 PM   #122
speed_racer
Studly Adventurer
 
speed_racer's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Oddometer: 702
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerb View Post
In any mode, if you give it a fist full from a standing start it will climb really high... high enough for me to close the throttle. At speed though mine will not lift in street mode (as expected) but in sport mode it will lift the front in the first three gears and hold it a few inches off the ground until i change gear. Its certainly entertaining having an adventure bike that smokes half of the sports bikes on the road.
Lol it certainly is.. I found if u try to just flick the clutch in n not completely back off the throttle into 3rd in street mode it pops.. I used to flat shift the bmw all the time to get more balls out of it but this thing will bite hard if u do that hehe
__________________
13' KTM 1190 Adventure R
KLX650R

RIP - BMW F650 GS Twin
speed_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 03:16 PM   #123
speed_racer
Studly Adventurer
 
speed_racer's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Oddometer: 702
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tails_KTM View Post
Yep, I took out these points from the post above because I had them too. The dealer replaced the coolant hose and there is no more leaking.

They also replaced the sidestand spring under warranty. No idea why. It's really hard to kick in now.

Because I was out of the country for 3 months the bike has just been standing here with no battery tender attached. When I came back it fired right up, so that didn't annoy me at all. Nor riding it!
Yeah ever since I got the bike my side spring has been super stiff.. I think it's because the old one was super weak, n used to cause the bike to stall when u went over a bump.
__________________
13' KTM 1190 Adventure R
KLX650R

RIP - BMW F650 GS Twin
speed_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 06:43 PM   #124
KTMbageera
Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: Kingdom of Cambodia
Oddometer: 88
I hate it when my bike sits in the garage, whining about me not taking her for a dance in the mountains. That silent treatment every time I go through the garage to get in my car and go to work, or church, or to somewhere else that does not include pushing the e-button and bringing her to life. So sad.

Everything else about my bike is better than any day on the golf course, or bowling lane, or boat fishing, or.......................
KTMbageera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 04:25 AM   #125
Corsica101
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Corsica101's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: Sint Maarten...no bike:(
Oddometer: 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tancakar View Post
No mate actually today I have some petrol in my left foot its all coming out from overload pipe. And when I stop if I look at that exit pipe it's got fumes coming out from it .that isn't normal.

For the last 5 years I ride the most advance bikes and ktm is one of them . As a 14000£ paid customer I do have so expectations from the bike. I am happy with the bikes performance so far no problems . But mainly the things I am concern about the ktm technicians . I don't know how trained they are for this new bike? Are they really know more then us about this bike?

I bought the bike 8 weeks ago had my first service done and no problems but little annoying things which should have been sorted in the service.

First fuel problem I was having 28 mpg ! Go to the dealer they reset the ECU and 34 mpg in the city now which is ok.

Secondly my keys of the panniers wasn't fitting . They order me a set of keys 2 weeks to arrive and bam they are not fitting too. And then they customise it now my left bag doesn't come out from the rail. Tomorrow they will sortin out.

Now the third one I smell petrol in the traffic. London got some rush hour traffic and around that time the bikes get heat . Which isn't pleasant anyway but the petrol smell is almost dangerous . And I just missed my gear shift and look down my feet got petrol on it? I know there is a overflow pipe if the petrol tank is too full it gets the overfill out but I did have low fuel signal for god sake.

Forth yesterday as I was parking in Mayfair London I have got a low oil warning! Check the oil and it was almost empty in the screen. Called the dealer to ask the type of the oil they told me motorex 10w50 fully synthetic . Looked every where couldn't find in central London. ! Find it in else where which I travel with tube. Castrol 10w50 . I was missing 400 ml oil which is upsetting for me I am on 1350 miles . The told me it can loose oil some engines when they are new they do lose it. Fair enough.

I had 2010 kawasaki Gtr 1400 , Ducati diavel carbon, Ducati 769 hypermoto, 2012 Kawasaki zzr1400, Suzuki burgman 650 , and never had a oil problem before or fuel.for god sake even ducati diavel was 36 mpg in city :)

Anyways the reason I am not getting rid of 1190 is I always give second and third chance to everything. I think it is truly a brilliant bike and all bikes got some silly problems . Hope fully ktm will make some heat shelds for the future customers I know that we are sort of beta testing the bike .

1190 is still a bike. Would recommend anyone to buy and enjoy cause it worths the money.
This is an interesting read, found here on ADV. Mine was using a fair bit of oil (2400K's)when I brought it from Germany to Spain but haven't ridden it since (1L+-) I got it in June. Will have my green plates tomorrow and then will take it to the circuit to give shit loads, settling the rings properly:))
Good luck

http://mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm
Corsica101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 11:53 PM   #126
gefr
Life is a trip
 
gefr's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: East Med, Greece
Oddometer: 3,720
So what is new?

I like these kind of threads, to have a happy ending.
All little glitches or major problems to come to surface and get addressed effectively and permanently. So I want to hear all problems and glitches, collect them in a site, so the more common find a solution, the less common get addressed as random cases or character of the design.
That is why I never understand all these people who try to stop the complains, instead of contributing their mechanical thoughts and knowledge to help shape solutions. As if someone insults them for expressing their problems.
The same story was with the 950. The common suggestion was: "Go buy a VStrom"...
History replicates itself...
So please don't flog the contributors in this site. Here you can learn from other people's problems and get prepared for your future maintenance effortlessly, from your chair. Everybody's contribution is needed.
Cheers
gefr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 01:34 AM   #127
CanningOz
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2013
Location: Melbourne Australia
Oddometer: 63
Little niggles so far for my 1190 AdvR include:


- engine intermittently won't rev above 7500rpm. Like TC comes or or early rev limited.
- bike has been inconsistently losing power for a while
- am worried about air cleaner, especially with the engine losing power. The dealer says the uni filter system will void warranty, but they don't have any info on the standard air cleaner dust leaks.
- i think the fuel cap leaks fumes, and bike stinks of fuel on a hot day
- crack developing in tank cover paintwork (minor paint inclusion)
- crack developed in dash glass for no reason
- brake fluid reservoir leak. Water now in fluid (must flush)
- ignition key update doesn't work and need programming.
- front Conti trail attack worn right out in 5,000 kms(ok, this is my fault)
- i think the touratech luggage system is crap compared to BMW (I've had 3 GS's)
- still no key for the top box
- no parts in stock.

That's it for the moment - have been waiting a few months for the dash.

I love the power when I have it. Seems to mono forever when the engine is on song, and absolutely hammers off road.

The dealer now has the bike. I hope they fix it.

I still love the bike, but with the power compromised every other little niggle is testing me. I will once again be happy if they get the power back.
CanningOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 03:47 AM   #128
Trail newb
Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2013
Location: Gold Coast, Australia
Oddometer: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanningOz View Post
Little niggles so far for my 1190 AdvR include:


- engine intermittently won't rev above 7500rpm. Like TC comes or or early rev limited.
- bike has been inconsistently losing power for a while
- am worried about air cleaner, especially with the engine losing power. The dealer says the uni filter system will void warranty, but they don't have any info on the standard air cleaner dust leaks.
- i think the fuel cap leaks fumes, and bike stinks of fuel on a hot day
- crack developing in tank cover paintwork (minor paint inclusion)
- crack developed in dash glass for no reason
- brake fluid reservoir leak. Water now in fluid (must flush)
- ignition key update doesn't work and need programming.
- front Conti trail attack worn right out in 5,000 kms(ok, this is my fault)
- i think the touratech luggage system is crap compared to BMW (I've had 3 GS's)
- still no key for the top box
- no parts in stock.

That's it for the moment - have been waiting a few months for the dash.

I love the power when I have it. Seems to mono forever when the engine is on song, and absolutely hammers off road.

The dealer now has the bike. I hope they fix it.

I still love the bike, but with the power compromised every other little niggle is testing me. I will once again be happy if they get the power back.
G'day mate,
Just so you know the issues your describing relate to a few recalls that your dealer should know of, if not id suggest another one, They have been out awhile now. The Uni filter kit voiding warranty is utter crap. My dealer installed this kit Per KTM's instructions. The fuel smell is the cause of your performance woes, the tanks breather needs a few mods to fix pressurisation issues.
As for the defects I would be having them replaced under warranty and I agree it sucks having issues with OEM gear and parts. Piss poor planning and pants caught down around their ankles come to mind....
__________________
1190 r
525 still embedded with tree....
Track Bike
Trail newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 04:25 AM   #129
Nerb
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: SE Melb
Oddometer: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanningOz View Post
Little niggles so far for my 1190 AdvR include:


- engine intermittently won't rev above 7500rpm. Like TC comes or or early rev limited.
- bike has been inconsistently losing power for a while
- am worried about air cleaner, especially with the engine losing power. The dealer says the uni filter system will void warranty, but they don't have any info on the standard air cleaner dust leaks.
- i think the fuel cap leaks fumes, and bike stinks of fuel on a hot day
- crack developing in tank cover paintwork (minor paint inclusion)
- crack developed in dash glass for no reason
- brake fluid reservoir leak. Water now in fluid (must flush)
- ignition key update doesn't work and need programming.
- front Conti trail attack worn right out in 5,000 kms(ok, this is my fault)
- i think the touratech luggage system is crap compared to BMW (I've had 3 GS's)
- still no key for the top box
- no parts in stock.

That's it for the moment - have been waiting a few months for the dash.

I love the power when I have it. Seems to mono forever when the engine is on song, and absolutely hammers off road.

The dealer now has the bike. I hope they fix it.

I still love the bike, but with the power compromised every other little niggle is testing me. I will once again be happy if they get the power back.
Which dealer did you go to? Because they sound sheet! PS?
Unifilter will void warranty? Looks like they're already looking for ways to take your money. Did you get the akro? That also voids the warranty.
The breather should have been checked at first service.
5000km is normal for a good tire. You only get 10,000km out of cheap hard tires that are unsafe on the road.
Nerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 05:45 AM   #130
WildAnCrazymtl
Beastly Adventurer
 
WildAnCrazymtl's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Peoples Republik of Kanada, Québec province!
Oddometer: 5,943
__________________
"Work negatively inpacts my free time !" Me.
"Ride it like you stole it, then do the same to me ! " Her.
"A good thing in a bad place, is still a good thing ! " Us.

____________
R1200GS 09
DRZ400 03
WildAnCrazymtl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 12:40 PM   #131
barbadv
Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2013
Location: South France
Oddometer: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanningOz View Post
Little niggles so far for my 1190 AdvR include:

- i think the fuel cap leaks fumes, and bike stinks of fuel on a hot day
.

Fuel smell, it's THE problem on my R from the beginning and the tank vent is ok on my bike, tank cap control (ktm recall in France) don't fixed the problem.
KTM promised me a tank cap exchange under warranty, they said "we never heard lot of complain about fuel smell and normally, tank cap controle fixe the problem, we have no idea about your bike problem but we are going to contact your dealer for a tank cap exchange".
I'm waiting for...
barbadv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 11:39 AM   #132
PPiA
Pete
 
PPiA's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2001
Location: Bungendore, Australia
Oddometer: 1,181
No fuel smell or leak issues on mine.
PPiA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 11:02 AM   #133
Kletsou
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2013
Oddometer: 16
Severe "head shake"

Mine had all the recall issue like stand come off while riding, etc. etc.

The fuel filter needed replacement (done under warrantee). I detected it with loss of power while riding and it ended up being the fuel filter.

All these are fine in my mind a part of being a new release buyer. My gripe????

I've done 10500km so far on mine and I have a severe head shake or snake when I exceed 200 to 220km/h. Now I am mainly being ignored because it happens at this speed and being told I am the only rider who complains about it. I've tested two other 1190 adventures and had the same issue. What is strange I've done over 500km on the R with knobblies (Karoo3) and did not pick up the same problem

My 2 cents
Kletsou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 11:31 PM   #134
Mowster
Stressed Member
 
Mowster's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Brisville
Oddometer: 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kletsou View Post
Mine had all the recall issue like stand come off while riding, etc. etc.

The fuel filter needed replacement (done under warrantee). I detected it with loss of power while riding and it ended up being the fuel filter.

All these are fine in my mind a part of being a new release buyer. My gripe????

I've done 10500km so far on mine and I have a severe head shake or snake when I exceed 200 to 220km/h. Now I am mainly being ignored because it happens at this speed and being told I am the only rider who complains about it. I've tested two other 1190 adventures and had the same issue. What is strange I've done over 500km on the R with knobblies (Karoo3) and did not pick up the same problem

My 2 cents
steering- head bearing....I've had to tighten mine twice now; all smooth again
__________________
"No, it's not, it's all about you and your content-free word slurry. "
Mowster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 01:36 AM   #135
Kletsou
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2013
Oddometer: 16
Thnx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowster View Post
steering- head bearing....I've had to tighten mine twice now; all smooth again

Great! Thank you. I will give it a try
Kletsou is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 05:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014