Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-2013, 02:03 PM   #31
Ebeo1 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 119
I only stayed im Amsterdam for the night then I went back to Paris. I took this picture near the Belgium French border.

Ebeo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 02:05 PM   #32
Ebeo1 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

here's a picture of some wind mills saw a lot in Belgium, Netherlands, and Germany.

Old 07-17-2013, 02:15 PM   #33
Ebeo1 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

I saw these guys coming into Paris I was about 50 or 60 miles north of the city. I asked my friend about them and if they were gypsies and he told me they aren't the traditional type you think of but they are a group who moves around. He told me they will do manual labor and begging in the close a towns or city they camp near. They well eventually end up stealing stuff and get told to leave
Old 07-17-2013, 02:16 PM   #34
Ebeo1 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Old 07-17-2013, 02:20 PM   #35
Ebeo1 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

I went to the chateu de versallies and took this picture of my favorite statue there it was my favorite because there is a pet alligator

Old 07-17-2013, 02:25 PM   #36
Ebeo1 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

here is the chateu its pretty big
. The line to get in was about an hour when I came out it was over 3 hours.

Old 07-19-2013, 04:28 AM   #37
Ebeo1 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Went to a party while in Paris with my friend it was put on by the firemen at their station for a fund raiser.

After another day in france I headed out with a destination of Rome I stoped in Geneva on the way down but was unable to find a swiss sticker for my helmet.

While in Geneva I stayed at a camp ground on the east side of the lake and got to see fire works on the west or north side celebrating the french holiday.

Old 07-19-2013, 04:30 AM   #38
Ebeo1 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Alps

I drove into the alps and ended up going through Mt. Blanc I would have rather driven over it but I could not figure out a route even with the gps. I tried to avoid toll roads but it was so difficult to get out of the value I gave up on that and followed a toll road out.

Old 07-19-2013, 10:46 AM   #39
Ebeo1 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

I have to give thanks to Stephan who I met on the ferry on my way to france. He fixed the broken wire to my cigerate lighter and gave me a box of fuses for my trip. Thinking that I was set I wouldn't need the fuses but I blew a 4 and 6 amp fuse, both while using my GPS. My wall charger for my cell phone is labeled 1.3 amps I thought that the 4 and 6 amp fuses were overkill. Since both my GPS and phone charger are meant to be used in a cars lighter outlet I decided it would be safe to use a 10 amp since a lighter pulls at least that amount.
Old 07-19-2013, 10:50 AM   #40
Ebeo1 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

here I am doing repairs on the road.

Old 07-19-2013, 11:07 AM   #41
Ebeo1 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

I left Geneva didn't find a Swiss sticker for my helmet and headed to Rome. I heard rumors that either the Italian garbage men like to strike a lot or the mafia controls the garbage contracts and will collect the fee for pick up but won't do anything. Either way Italy does have an estranged relationship with sanitization. I first went to the city of Genoa its right on the coast and mountinouse. I thought I would get to drive along the coast and get some good pictures. Once again I messed things up with a toll road. The traffic moved right along but between all the tunnels and fences which I assume to prevent seeing I missed most everything. I didn't like Genoa it smelled like garbage and poop. Most all roads in Italy had a pull off and they would be littered with garbage. I stayed at a camp ground south of florance for the night. The camp ground was located on a mountian so I got plenty of twist on my way up and down.
[/img]

[img]http://i.imgur.com/9z3Nw8A.jpg

[img]http://i.imgur.com/HkHZ92m.jpg[/img]

[img]http://imgur.com/aGjlfmc?tags[/img]

[img]http://i.imgur.com/qRyopGB.jpg[/img]

Ebeo1 screwed with this post 07-19-2013 at 10:30 PM
Old 07-19-2013, 02:46 PM   #42
AteamNM
Wonna Be ADVrider

Oddometer: 3,219
In.

Keep up the
AteamNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 07:02 AM   #43
Ebeo1 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

I think this will fix the problem with the links above

Old 07-20-2013, 07:12 AM   #44
Ebeo1 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

rome

made it to Rome saw some tourist stuff

Old 07-20-2013, 07:20 AM   #45
Ebeo1 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

leaving italy

I left Italy on a Thursday and went to anacona to catch a ferry over to zadar in Croatia. On my way to the ferry I lucked out and got to take a road over a few different mountians. I got to see some good views and do some twisty's. A couple sport bikes pasted me but I a while later I saw them coming in the opposite direction. Later on I figured out his sort of road is popular for that sort of thing. Unluckly for me I got hit with some rain but not a big deal I pulled over and put the rain suit I got in England to good use. Then he rain became a big deal wasn't the sissy misting rain in Ireland or the UK this was big drops coming at me fast eventually I pulled over and waited it.