RushMoran....... :D

Oddometer: 12,779
Gonna be great fun to see!!!!
JaxObsessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 04:07 PM   #152
Todd34 OP
Toubab

Oddometer: 907
Even though I had heard of Dakar before I took this job, I knew it was somewhere in Northern Africa but had no freaking clue where, until I looked it up. So just in case a few of you are still wondering, here ya go:

It's the westernmost part of Africa and it's not a bad place to be.

Todd34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 04:32 PM   #153
Todd34 OP
Toubab

We installed RaiderRed's skid plate and HDB hand guards last night and will spoon on some new tires this week. And we are heading back to the beach house in Saly this weekend. Only this time we are taking bikes as well. That green track at the bottom is part of the plan.

The last time we went to Saly we did a quad tour and RaiderRed marked the points and the track with his GPS. We hope to start off running that track.
Old 10-07-2013, 07:04 PM   #154
Hack

Oddometer: 3,809
Wow I need to check in more! Congrats Todd Let me know where to send some DDB stickers.
Old 10-07-2013, 07:32 PM   #155
JaxObsessed

Fuckin A, let's get this thing started. !!! Great Todd!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd34 View Post
We installed RaiderRed's skid plate and HDB hand guards last night and will spoon on some new tires this week. And we are heading back to the beach house in Saly this weekend. Only this time we are taking bikes as well. That green track at the bottom is part of the plan.

The last time we went to Saly we did a quad tour and RaiderRed marked the points and the track with his GPS. We hope to start off running that track.
Old 10-08-2013, 04:06 PM   #156
XC Rider
Motorcycle Vagabond

Oddometer: 2,893
Quote:

Woohoo! Looking forward to it!
SpotWalla: WHERE IS XC RIDER!?
XC Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 03:41 PM   #157
Todd34 OP
Toubab

I suppose the best way to start this little trip is with a pic.............

That pretty much covers the tone of our weekend! We rode some great dirt, saw a cool part of Senegal and helped Braindmp realize that although that beast is great in a lot of places, less is more in Dakar!

RaiderRed's bike wasn't ready for action yet so it was just the two of us riding each day

Home base was the beach house in Saly. It's a great rental place right on the beach and in case you missed some of the pics from before, here's part of the view

It was hot as balls so the pool was where we finished each day

Todd34 screwed with this post 10-15-2013 at 04:15 PM
Old 10-15-2013, 04:14 PM   #158
Todd34 OP
Toubab

I let Braindmp use my extra Sena so we could communicate and he let me use his second GoPro so we could both get some footage. I really don't know why I waited so long to get that pair of Senas. Being able to ask a riding buddy if all is well when you don't hear him talking is worth the cost. And of course having a helmet cam to record the carnage is priceless!

Anyway, we started on the quad route from our last trip to Saly and our first planned stop was the termite mounds.

Notice I said first planned stop. This was actually the first stop

Larry was moving along pretty well when he came into a corner a little hot. Since turning that 600 lb beast wasn't working, he decided to cut the corner. All that green grass makes great camouflage for gullies. And gullies make great places to inspect your skid plate.

I asked if he was okay and when he said he was, I did my ADV duty and grabbed the camera. He showed his approval with an ADV salute!
Old 10-15-2013, 04:26 PM   #159
Braindmp
NOB!

Oddometer: 36
Thumb First Stop

Quote:

Larry was moving along pretty well when he came into a corner a little hot. Since turning that 600 lb beast wasn't working, he decided to cut the corner. All that green grass makes great camouflage for gullies. And gullies make great places to inspect your skid plate.

I asked if he was okay and when he said he was, I did my ADV duty and grabbed the camera. He showed his approval with an ADV salute!

Yea, if the first stop with the 600 lb gorilla doesnt ruin your day the beach definitely will.
Braindmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 04:29 PM   #160
JaxObsessed

Hey BrainDMP!!! Welcome to ADV. I think you'll fit in just fine.

IN>>>

Gs fall down go boom...

Never saw one that far upside down. I imagine your 690 is a better ride for these conditions, Todd.
Old 10-15-2013, 04:55 PM   #161
Todd34 OP
Toubab

Yup Jax, he fits in just fine. He took that beast places it shouldn't have been and when I mentioned that it might get a little rough all he said was the only way to find out was to try.

The 690 is making me very happy so far. And it was certainly easier to handle in the sand. Now what Braindmp doesn't know is that the GSA wasn't the only bike that took a nap last weekend; mine was just easier to pick up and therefore easier to avoid pics.

I wish I could say those sea shells just happened to stick to the tank while I was ripping it up on the beach. But they got there after trying to turn around in the sand after missing a road. It was a soft fall though.
Old 10-15-2013, 06:18 PM   #162
Scotty P
Funny like a Moran

Oddometer: 12,445
Hi kids...........I'm just here for the carnage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondoggle View Post
But things were getting tense, and I know nothing defuses a tough situation faster than boobies.
Scotty P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 06:23 PM   #163
Todd34 OP
Toubab

Hey Scotty! Video to follow...............
Old 10-16-2013, 03:01 AM   #164
Todd34 OP
Toubab

Clicky

Old 10-16-2013, 03:15 AM   #165
Todd34 OP
Toubab

Once we got the gorilla right side up, we headed for the Baobab trees. It's the rainy season right now so they have leaves. Most of the year they don't.

Time for another skid plate inspection

http://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baobab