Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-15-2015, 09:11 PM   #1
Jason F. OP
Will Ride for Beer...

Oddometer: 374
Picked up another CN250 tonight

Craigslist find I grabbed tonight.

2001 Honda CN250 Helix 13,000 miles. A few new parts including the battery and a service manual. I even sort of like the flashing led light bar spoiler mounted on it.

Only real draw back is the rear trunk lid was repainted at one point and it was not the best work I have seen. There are a few other flaws but not bad for a 14 year old bike.

Could probably use a tire or two and a good check of the bearings. Ran fine up to the mid 60's with my fat behind on it though.

No it can't hang with the 458.

Now I need to get the fuel system rebuilt on my 1998 CN250 so my wife and I have a matched set to ride.
Old 06-15-2015, 09:14 PM   #2
Jason F. OP
Will Ride for Beer...

Old 06-16-2015, 08:01 AM   #3
cbolling
Here...Hold my Beer.

Oddometer: 3,414
I love the Helix. I had a deal put together to buy one a few years ago but then the seller backed out.

I wish Honda would make a new version.
Old 06-16-2015, 11:10 AM   #4
damasovi
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,692
super cool!!!

I hope you get to ride it a lot!

Damasovi
Old 06-16-2015, 12:44 PM   #5
Jason F. OP
Will Ride for Beer...

Yeah I was really itching to ride it to work today but not registration and tags yet. Well that and it is 96 degrees with high humidity here today.
Old 06-16-2015, 02:09 PM   #6
cbolling
Here...Hold my Beer.

Smyrna Tennessee. You ever see any "Cowboys" riding around on big scooters?
Old 06-16-2015, 07:01 PM   #7
Jason F. OP
Will Ride for Beer...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbolling View Post
Smyrna Tennessee. You ever see any "Cowboys" riding around on big scooters?
Yes I see him every once in a while. I saw him once when I was on my '98 Helix but could not catch up with him due to traffic and lights. Every other time I was in the car or on my VFR.
Old 06-16-2015, 07:06 PM   #8
fullmetalscooter
Let me take this duck off

Oddometer: 3,181
guess that a cfmoto helix clone spolier . Wonder if someone change out the rear panels for some reason. Helix are great rides. I m guessing you ll need some rollers and a belt soon or at least have them cheek out .
Have fund riding .
Old 06-16-2015, 07:25 PM   #9
Jason F. OP
Will Ride for Beer...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmetalscooter View Post
guess that a cfmoto helix clone spolier . Wonder if someone change out the rear panels for some reason. Helix are great rides. I m guessing you ll need some rollers and a belt soon or at least have them cheek out .
Have fund riding .
Side panels appear to be original and the wear/fade on the paint matches the other panels. The rear trunk lid has been repainted, poorly, but it has oem stickers inside the panel.

My guess without looking at all the hardware yet is it was added on by another owner. I am either the third or fourth owner. The person I bought it from was given some extra parts which included a second light bar and wire harness for that spoiler. Currently installed is an led light bar that flashes somewhat like the front light on the old Knight Rider KITT car.

I am not sure if it was after market or borrowed off a Chinese clone.
Old 06-16-2015, 07:46 PM   #10
cbolling
Here...Hold my Beer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason F. View Post
Yes I see him every once in a while. I saw him once when I was on my '98 Helix but could not catch up with him due to traffic and lights. Every other time I was in the car or on my VFR.
We are friends on Facebook and I try to keep up with his videos.
Old 06-17-2015, 10:22 AM   #11
Jason F. OP
Will Ride for Beer...

Quote:
Have fund riding .
Could be http://www.helixparts.com/usa/produc...roducts_id=111
Old 06-17-2015, 07:28 PM   #12
fullmetalscooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason F. View Post
wow 71 bucks for the spoiler from them . It's about 100 bucks for a rear new clone panel set off flea bay that includes that it think. Then again it's 150 for a the whole upper panel set back and front .
Old 06-19-2015, 08:52 AM   #13
Jason F. OP
Will Ride for Beer...

Quote:
wow 71 bucks for the spoiler from them . It's about 100 bucks for a rear new clone panel set off flea bay that includes that it think. Then again it's 150 for a the whole upper panel set back and front .
While I certainly do not disagree with that cost comparison if a component/farkle is less than $100 I can't complain much. In the world of high prices aftermarket accessories $71 is pretty cheap.

I have heard that the China clone panels have pretty poor fit and finish. the spoiler that is on my Helix certainly appears to fit just fine. Since I did not fit it I do not know what it took to get it to fit.
Old 06-19-2015, 07:43 PM   #14
fullmetalscooter

Yep in a world of high price after market stuff 71 bucks is cheap but In the World of a cheap ass bastard with aids ( Asshole in denial sysdrum )
It still to much for me to spend on . It would spoiler the goal of having the world biggest beer belly . One day they pay 50 grand just like mount Everest to climb it . HAHAHAHA HAAAHHHAHAH evil laughter . World domination or at least the bar stoll I sitting on .