ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-04-2013, 04:08 PM   #1
lilolita OP
fahr mit mir

Oddometer: 1,258
Pachaug Camp & Ride: July 19-21 -- CNR to celebrate mrt10x's service and retirement

Come celebrate 23 years of service to our great country...mrt10x is retiring from the Marines and leaving the east coast for Colorado. Let's make him miss us!

July 19-21
Green Falls Campground (better than Mt Misery because there's a pond and it's gonna be haaaawt)
Pachaug State Forest
Voluntown, CT

I'll make burgers Saturday night. I make good burgers. I'll even try my best to accommodate our vegetarian and vegan friends.

This is a disorganized event. Bring your own crap. We'll share sites. No organized rides. There's the enduro loop, some nice road riding, and easy dirt roads. Just find a group and go.

All bikes welcome, even scootahs (which I might be on since the baby DR is begging for a thorough go-through).

cheesebot & I will come down Friday evening, hopefully by 4:30-5pm. Anyone local who can grab a spot or two earlier, let me know and/or post up the spots.

Note: there is an alcohol ban in the campground during the summer. Plan accordingly.

ALL ARE WELCOME, even if you don't know the guest of honor! If you've never been to a CNR, come on down. It's definitely a chill gathering, and we're always looking for new entertainment.

Sounds like akarob is going to do it proper (riding in on his bike) so if someone wants to volunteer to do a sun/rain shelter/tarp, that'd be great.

In List
lilolita
cheesebot
mrt10x (of course!)
tmlee
akarob (gone fishin')
Ken F (maybe ... perhaps I should bring one of the auto-scoots so you can still be on two wheels )
ChrisRiedinger
alcontrast
Twlight Error (most probably)
Bikenstitches
Rhode trip & Mrs Trip
lester3
Drewha (with chili!)
Turtledub (partial ... you gotta come & say goodbye)
Happy Seal (most likely in ... Paul, I haven't seen in a gazillion years ... bring that Beta!)
gresh125 (stoppin' by on a DR350 ... if you don't introduce yerself, serious girl hate)
WAP & Pani WAP
p_funk
gpj130 (not sure 'bout camping, but heard ridin' is fuuuuun, and I concur)
Capt. REDBEARD
I think I got everyone who posted!

Scoot Commute: Getting to and from work on 10 inch wheels
New England to New Scotland

lilolita screwed with this post 07-18-2013 at 04:02 PM
lilolita is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 04:52 PM   #2
mrt10x
Dumba$s Jarhead

Oddometer: 3,173
I am in It might be tough for me to camp, but I will give it a shot.... all my stuff will be packed up on the 18th and 19th... I will figure it out some how.
Old 07-04-2013, 04:58 PM   #3
tmlee
Enigma

Oddometer: 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrt10x View Post
I am in It might be tough for me to camp, but I will give it a shot.... all my stuff will be packed up on the 18th and 19th... I will figure it out some how.
Hey Matt, I'll set you up with my 4 person stand up height tent and a comfortable padded cot so you don't have to sleep on the ground. http://m.rei.com/mt/www.rei.com/prod...a-001b2166becc
- Robert Frost
tmlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 05:00 PM   #4
mrt10x
Dumba$s Jarhead

Oddometer: 3,173
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmlee View Post
Hey Matt, I'll set you up with my 4 person stand up height tent and a comfortable padded cot so you don't have to sleep on the ground. http://m.rei.com/mt/www.rei.com/prod...a-001b2166becc
that would be a godsend. My knee is feeling significantly better,, but I doubt I will be putting any weight on it by then.
Old 07-04-2013, 05:27 PM   #5
mrxinpa
Just Get Out and Ride !!!

Oddometer: 1,473
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrt10x View Post
that would be a godsend. My knee is feeling significantly better,, but I doubt I will be putting any weight on it by then.
Love riding up in that area but unfortunately those dates conflict on the schedule.

Would love to attend the send off of a fellow Marine! Especially when someone dedicates 28yrs to the beloved Corp! Thank you for your service to our Country!

Congratulation on your Retirement! Semper Fidelis Brother! My you have safe travels thru the beginning of your new life!
80 CB900 Custom(Restoring)
mrxinpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 05:40 PM   #6
lilolita OP
fahr mit mir

Oddometer: 1,258
Mmmmm...beef burgers mixed up with my secret ingredients, then enhanced with Vermont cheddar, lettuce and tomatoes, all on Martin's potato rolls.

Scoot Commute: Getting to and from work on 10 inch wheels
New England to New Scotland

lilolita is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 05:44 PM   #7
tmlee
Enigma

Oddometer: 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilolita View Post
Mmmmm...beef burgers mixed up with my secret ingredients, then enhanced with Vermont cheddar, lettuce and tomatoes, all on Martin's potato rolls.
Mmmmm, looks great! Just how secret are the ingredients? Will I pass a drug test at work??
- Robert Frost
tmlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 05:49 PM   #8
Happy Seal
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,536
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmlee View Post

That and a couple percs you'll be all set!
Old 07-04-2013, 09:09 PM   #9
akarob
Green Cantern

Oddometer: 7,330
I'm in. Excited because it's so soon too.

I just finished up my new stove, Al's design. Materials: Red Bull can and aluminum tape.

It's about 2" diameter, uses about a tablespoon of alcohol.

akarob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 10:41 PM   #10
Ken F
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 360
Maybe I will ride up for the day.no riding for me anytime soon.
Don't think I will be able to camp .going to be too hard to set up and pack truck.no weight on foot for 3 weeks.
Ken F is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 11:15 AM   #11
ChrisRiedinger
Specialized

Oddometer: 596
Quote:
Originally Posted by akarob View Post
I'm in. Excited because it's so soon too.

I just finished up my new stove, Al's design. Materials: Red Bull can and aluminum tape.

It's about 2" diameter, uses about a tablespoon of alcohol.
That's awesome!

I just bought myself an esbit yesterday in prep/backup (Im not sure how much I trust isobutane) for when I go on my national park tour in a couple of months.

I tried to boil water with one tablet, but it only got to about 185 before I ran out of fuel. I think Im going to (try) make myself a radiator for the bottom of my mug/pot. This was with 2cups of water, ambient temperature (about 65F), no wind shield around the stove. Tablet burned approx 9.5 mins, lost serious intensity after about 8.5
ChrisRiedinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 11:16 AM   #12
ChrisRiedinger
Specialized

Oddometer: 596
Oh, and I'm in.

See y'all there. Probably Saturday morning, MAYBE Friday night.
ChrisRiedinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 12:04 PM   #13
alcontrast
at least I'm trying

Oddometer: 1,538
Nice Rob. I'm about to start working on a winter camping wood stove for a tent I don't actually own yet.. I'm going to to put together my own final design but I'm using a bunch of different ideas from other people that have made similar stoves from army surplus ammo cans, plus a few aideas of my own... Similar to stoves like these...

probably closer to this design..

PS.. I'll be there!

When in doubt, gas it. It will either fix the problem, or at the very least end the suspense.

07 650GS / 05 DRZ400S / 72 CB350 (that hasn't run since shortly after I bought it)
alcontrast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 02:45 PM   #14
Tammy
Team 2nd Wind

Oddometer: 1,454
i have a granddaughter coming out on the 19th and need to take care of her big sister. have to miss this one but I'm happy to miss this one cuz I'm getting another granddaughter .

good luck on your new life Matt
AMA / CJCR / ECEA
In a world that what we want is only what we want until it's ours
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 06:46 PM   #15
Twilight Error
Going nowhere slowly

Oddometer: 22,393
Probably not in. My original vacation plans got mangled pretty bad, I'll be at work that weekend.
Twilight Error is offline   Reply With Quote