ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2013, 09:09 PM   #16
Bikenstitches
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 437
In...on the Dakar.
The WR shattered a cam follower and ruined the head and intake cam. I've got it on ebay as a project bike
Old 07-06-2013, 04:24 AM   #17
Rhode trip
guided by voices

Oddometer: 668
We're in.

http://www.LapelPinPlanet.com
Rhode trip is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 08:26 AM   #18
lester3
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 118
camping

IN .NOT GONNA GET SO intoxicated at this onealso gonna try to do the thrill and chill that weekend .west Greenwich and somers are the two best turkeyruns on the netra schedule.
lester3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 03:13 PM   #19
Drewha
Thunderbirds Are Go

Oddometer: 497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikenstitches View Post
In...on the Dakar.
The WR shattered a cam follower and ruined the head and intake cam. I've got it on ebay as a project bike
Bummer Tom. I did a 2k mile 5 day trip on the Ducati last month to WV with no issues. I'm coming home from work a week ago Friday , and the Ducati throws a connecting rod bearing.
Oh, and I'm in. Chili?
Old 07-06-2013, 06:20 PM   #20
Turtledub
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 309
We've got company 16 thru 22 but I'll try to be there for part of it at least. Oh, wait, brother is a rider so maybe We Can get free. ............Let me see, I've got pictures somewhere. Gosh got to get them from email to Photobucket to here....this might take all night ....or never. ...He and two other old farts rode to Bella Coola B.C. last year( from Wyoming). His is on the left, his bike on the right.
Turtledub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 06:30 PM   #21
alcontrast
at least I'm trying

Oddometer: 1,538
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewha View Post
Oh, and I'm in. Chili?
If it's there I certainly wouldn't pass up a bowl or three of your herbivore chili Drew.. I had at least three full bowls this spring! Damn good.

But to yourself and LIlolita... Don't go out of your way to bring veggie options for us grazers.. I suspect there may be two or three of us at the most and generally we are well accustomed to bringing our own foods to events..

also.. sorry to hear about the issues with the Ducati and the Dakar (Drewha and Bikenstiches).. I'm currently going through my F650 after a week and a half ride up in VT and Canada with a fair amount of "off road" riding involved. The closer I look the more issues I find but thankfully nothing catastrophic like your bikes.. Although opening up the air box to find that the air filter had been exposed to a good deal of muddy water which soaked /clogged the paper filter enough that the engines vacuum sucked the sides of the air filter into the air box leaving small but clear paths for unfiltered air to enter the cylinder was a little disconcerting.. She got me home though!

When in doubt, gas it. It will either fix the problem, or at the very least end the suspense.

07 650GS / 05 DRZ400S / 72 CB350 (that hasn't run since shortly after I bought it)
alcontrast is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 07:19 PM   #22
Bikenstitches
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewha View Post
Bummer Tom. I did a 2k mile 5 day trip on the Ducati last month to WV with no issues. I'm coming home from work a week ago Friday , and the Ducati throws a connecting rod bearing.
Oh, and I'm in. Chili?
Ouch; at least she waited until you got home. The WR250F was a great woods bike. I'm guessing something didn't go back together properly when I redid the top end, but now I'm looking at at least $1k for parts, and I can't see doing it. I'll get another small bike, but probably a less-used one . The Dakar is good to go, and the Tiger XC is now my mostly-street bike.
Old 07-06-2013, 08:22 PM   #23
Happy Seal
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,536
Quote:
Ouch; at least she waited until you got home. The WR250F was a great woods bike. I'm guessing something didn't go back together properly when I redid the top end, but now I'm looking at at least $1k for parts, and I can't see doing it. I'll get another small bike, but probably a less-used one . The Dakar is good to go, and the Tiger XC is now my mostly-street bike.
Time for a Beta! 350 RR! .

How's the nephew AL?

Umhhh. Chili!

Most Likely IN!
Old 07-06-2013, 08:53 PM   #24
akarob
Green Cantern

Oddometer: 7,329
I'll see what I can do about bringing some self-caught fish or clams to the party. No promises though. Tides and finicky fish. Whatever I can get a day or so before the event is what I'm bringing. A bluefish or striper isn't out of the question.
akarob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 03:02 PM   #25
Happy Seal
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,536
Quote:
Originally Posted by akarob View Post
I'll see what I can do about bringing some self-caught fish or clams to the party. No promises though. Tides and finicky fish. Whatever I can get a day or so before the event is what I'm bringing. A bluefish or striper isn't out of the question.
How about Dirt Road Crayfish!

Lincoln, you makin it down for this one?
Old 07-08-2013, 06:01 AM   #26
Twilight Error
Going nowhere slowly

Oddometer: 22,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by akarob View Post
Striper?

Shit, got no choice now, gotta be there.
Twilight Error is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 11:05 AM   #27
Twilight Error
Going nowhere slowly

Oddometer: 22,390
Work can go to hell, I'm going to Greens Falls Pond.

I spend too much time there anyhow... at work, I mean. Don't spend enough time with friends and the woods.

Need to fix that.
Twilight Error is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 03:54 PM   #28
Drewha
Thunderbirds Are Go

Oddometer: 497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Seal View Post
Time for a Beta! 350 RR! .

How's the nephew AL?

Umhhh. Chili!

Most Likely IN!
Mucho Chili

Old 07-08-2013, 06:34 PM   #29
Bikenstitches
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Well, after riding the Dakar around in the woods Sunday with another inmate, and hearing how he just dropped a couple grand into his tranny, I began rethinking my decision of selling the WR. So I pulled it off of ebay last night, and began looking at the laundry list of items I need. First I'll drop the head off at ProMX and see if they can salvage it, and take if from there. A new 'complete' OEM head is $710. Not sure exactly what that comes with..

^^MMMMmmm Chili.. nom nom nom
Old 07-08-2013, 07:23 PM   #30
gresh125
n00b

Oddometer: 5
meet new ppl

Ill stop in to say hello. a good op to meet some fellow riders ill be on a dr350 white plastic and black frame.