ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-11-2013, 12:59 PM   #46
gpj530
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 137
Not sure about camping out yet..But I'll be up for a ride
gpj530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 06:36 PM   #47
alcontrast
at least I'm trying

Oddometer: 1,546
I'm already in but it looks like we have a decent amount of people so I may go by Green Falls and grab a site Thursday night or early friday morning depending on my work schedule and the weather.. That campground can fill up pretty quickly on a nice summer weekend.. I'd hate for us to all roll in friday afternoon/evening only to find that that all the sites are taken..

also.. if anyone wants a super cheap dirt bike helmet I'll have this in the truck with me. Brand new with the tags. I'm asking for no more than $40. Or possible trade for m/c related stuff you have no use for?

GMAX GM46X-1 Helmet - Revurb size: Large
link to more info: http://www.motosport.com/atv/GMAX-GM46X1-Helmet-Revurb

I mailordered it a while back and despite their claims of it being "the better fitting helmet" the fit was not quite right for my weird shaped head so I immediately put it back in the box to return it.. I just never got around to doing so and several months later I feel like it's too late.. The fit is actually really close but as usual the top of my forehead pushes on the padding way to much. It's a problem I've had with numerous helmets.
I'll have it with me at camp so if you are interested you can try it on and see if you like it.. There's no commitments with me.. You can ask my ex-gf!

When in doubt, gas it. It will either fix the problem, or at the very least end the suspense.

07 650GS / 05 DRZ400S / 72 CB350 (that hasn't run since shortly after I bought it)
alcontrast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 08:12 PM   #48
akarob
Green Cantern

Oddometer: 7,373
Happiness is a new stainless steel clam rake from Ribb Rakes made in Chatham MA. I'm having trouble figuring out how to mount it to the bike though.

akarob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 08:43 PM   #49
alcontrast
at least I'm trying

just don't bring that murder/torture device to the camp-n-ride... The park police may suspect your are a serial killer or something if they spot that thing! It's like Freddy Kruegers hand with a basket to collect the severed bits..

When in doubt, gas it. It will either fix the problem, or at the very least end the suspense.

07 650GS / 05 DRZ400S / 72 CB350 (that hasn't run since shortly after I bought it)
Old 07-13-2013, 03:52 PM   #50
Capt. REDBEARD
TWECO

Oddometer: 1,072
i wish I was going to be able to make it to this one - but work just asked me to go to NOLA for a week+ starting tuesday.

Matt - it was a pleasure riding and bullshitting with you. A truer connoisseur I have yet to meet. Good luck out in CO.
Dis-Miss.

if the ocean were whiskey and I were a duck - I'd swim to the bottom and never come up
Capt. REDBEARD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 04:03 PM   #51
Rhode trip
guided by voices

Oddometer: 717
Compliments of the rangers at Rangely Lake State Park in Maine when we showed up with no reservation to a full campground. Mrs Trip and I have group shelter area all to ourselves.:

We've ridden 835 miles so far, and been to Quebec and all six New England states.

http://www.LapelPinPlanet.com
Rhode trip is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 05:14 PM   #52
WAP
Weekday Warrior

Oddometer: 973
I found where alcontrast has been moonlighting when he's not on ADV!

http://www.muttonandmead.com/
WAP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 07:10 PM   #53
alcontrast
at least I'm trying

Redbeard.. I mixed up NOLA with NOLS when I first read your post. I was jealous and a bit confused to as why your job would be sending you to National Outdoor Leadership School (http://www.nols.edu/)..

The Trips.. nice ride you guys are on! I am a fan of the Rangely Lakes area but all that up there is nice.. Have fun..

Wap... That does look like it could be me but everyone knows I don't go for that RenFaire / LARPing garbage.. I'm more of a CosPlay type of guy.. Come on!!!

alcontrast screwed with this post 07-13-2013 at 07:16 PM
Old 07-14-2013, 04:24 AM   #54
Rhode trip
guided by voices

Al, I did not realize the extent to which motorcycles are excluded from the roads in this area. That's kind of a disappointment and screwed up our route. I knew the secondary logging roads were no go, but thought we could ride Tim Pond and Lincoln Pond roads to Eustis.
Nice ride, though. Hope to be back for the "farewell Mr T" CnR.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Old 07-14-2013, 04:51 AM   #55
Twilight Error
Going nowhere slowly

Oddometer: 22,459
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhode trip View Post
Al, I did not realize the extent to which motorcycles are excluded from the roads in this area. That's kind of a disappointment and screwed up our route. I knew the secondary logging roads were no go, but thought we could ride Tim Pond and Lincoln Pond roads to Eustis.
Nice ride, though. Hope to be back for the "farewell Mr T" CnR.

Its pretty bad in western Maine, I ran into that trouble some time ago.

The best trip planning tool is a Delorme Gazetteer with the boundaries of those areas marked. I there are some multi-use trails that are open for OHV travel IF you've got an OHV reg from Maine. Mine should be coming in the mail this week, it costs $70 for an out of state resident.
Twilight Error is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 05:04 AM   #56
Rhode trip
guided by voices

Yeah, agreed. I'm carrying 4 gazetteers with me. We route plan on the fly by and large. Hard to estimate how far you'll make it daily on TW200s. Way to cheap to pay $70 each to ride the ATV trails for a couple of days, though. That would make a great trip to do another time.
Ps. Redbeard...NOLA...on business?
Who came up with that plan?
:eek:

Old 07-14-2013, 05:17 AM   #57
Twilight Error
Going nowhere slowly

Oddometer: 22,459
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhode trip View Post
Yeah, agreed. I'm carrying 4 gazetteers with me. We route plan on the fly by and large. Hard to estimate how far you'll make it daily on TW200s. Way to cheap to pay $70 each to ride the ATV trails for a couple of days, though. That would make a great trip to do another time.
Ps. Redbeard...NOLA...on business?
Who came up with that plan?
:eek:

I'm heading up there at the end of the month, my route makes extensive use of that system, so I figured it wouldn't be a bad idea to help maintain it.

I figure if that area is ever opened up, I'll be headed there within two days to spend a week exploring...
Twilight Error is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 06:37 AM   #58
devo2002
-Devo

Oddometer: 3,587
It's with a heavy heart I must say I can't attend. I'm moving to LA in a few weeks and would have loved one more camp n ride. If you all are ever in the area and need a garage and a bed, or even just a beer, look me up.

In other news, buy my dr350se, many of you saw it last July when I attended.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=903433

Old 07-14-2013, 10:39 AM   #59
akarob
Green Cantern

Oddometer: 7,373
Sorry to hear that. What made you leave for LA, work?
akarob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 04:03 PM   #60
devo2002
-Devo

Oddometer: 3,587
Yup, Mickey Mouse has asked me to help out around the house, and nobody says no to the mouse...