ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-2013, 10:51 PM   #91
alcontrast
at least I'm trying

Oddometer: 1,569
I was sort of hoping to be working in RI Thursday so on my way back home I could swing by the campground and set up the tarp to lay claim to at least one site early on. Unfortunately I'll be working near home here in CT Thursday.. It's about an hour drive from home to the campground for me..

I'm still somewhat tempted to drive out there to grab a site Thursday evening (today; considering it's after midnight now) but I wouldn't get out there until around 7pm. Plus I have to work here in East Haddam early Friday morning so I probably wouldn't be spending the night at the campground and I couldn't shoot out there early Friday to grab a site... Considering all that and the hot weather I may not have the motivation to drive out there Thursday evening just to claim a site.. My truck is a bare bones model and doesn't even have AC. . . unfun....

When in doubt, gas it. It will either fix the problem, or at the very least end the suspense.

07 650GS / 05 DRZ400S / 72 CB350 (that hasn't run since shortly after I bought it)
alcontrast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 05:49 AM   #92
WAP
Weekday Warrior

Oddometer: 997
I'll be there Friday around noon at the latest. If I manage to get everything packed up and feel like it, I might make it out there tonight (Thursday), but honestly the more likely scenario is that I'll spend tonight wrapping up Mass Effect 3.
WAP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 11:53 AM   #93
Capt. REDBEARD
TWECO

Oddometer: 1,119
Things wen better then expected and I am flying home from new orleans today. I should be there Friday night for some camp fire shenanigans. I am thinking of getting in a loop early Saturday morning, a nice swim in the afternoon and then I am going to head over to the thrill and chill for an afternoon loop and steak dinner. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

if the ocean were whiskey and I were a duck - I'd swim to the bottom and never come up
Capt. REDBEARD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 02:12 PM   #94
gpj530
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. REDBEARD View Post
Things wen better then expected and I am flying home from new orleans today. I should be there Friday night for some camp fire shenanigans. I am thinking of getting in a loop early Saturday morning, a nice swim in the afternoon and then I am going to head over to the thrill and chill for an afternoon loop and steak dinner. Looking forward to seeing everyone.
How early are looking to do a loop on Saturday? I don't know it well and it would be nice to follow someone who doe know it. And a swim after sounds good after all this heat
gpj530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 04:45 PM   #95
go2cnavy
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 511
Quote:
I can be there as early as 7:30. Looking forward to getting a ride in.

990A / 450 EXC R/ 250 EXC/ 450R - for sale
go2cnavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 05:07 PM   #96
Happy Seal
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,538
Quote:
Originally Posted by akarob View Post
I took the kayak out and caught 3 dogfish (sharks) about 2 feet long and one black sea bass under a foot. No keepers this time.

The temps are not bad at all after the sun goes down. Quite comfortable tonight out there. Taking advantage of the pond during the day will be key though. I'm looking forward to some great weather for the weekend.

You drifting squid or eels? Sounds like fun, i used to fish the Fluke hard core!

Fun for sure.
Old 07-18-2013, 05:28 PM   #97
lilolita OP
fahr mit mir

Oddometer: 1,362
akarob, looking forward to the clams & oysters!

Are you gonna bring the flags? If so, can you post up so folks know to look for them. Otherwise, look for an 80's era Honda scooter and a BMW R75/5.

I'm leaving PVD around 1pm, taking backroads as I'll be on one of the scoots (Brendan didn't get parts yet for the baby DR ), so cheese and I should be there around 3pm-ish.
New England to New Scotland

lilolita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 05:31 PM   #98
akarob
Green Cantern

Oddometer: 7,574
Yes , ill peck the flags. Sleeping bag, not so much.
akarob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 07:05 PM   #99
Rhode trip
guided by voices

Oddometer: 824
Lynn and I took a drive to Green Falls this evening because I thought all the sites might be full, but there are more than I expected open. The best ones were taken, so I set up some random shit in site number 8. There are some sites around it open so if you get there early maybe someone can grab those too. I posted a sign that says "ADV CnR" at the front of the site. We won't be there until tomorrow evening. Tenting it, no camper, so just leave us a little space somewhere to set up.

http://www.LapelPinPlanet.com
Rhode trip is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 07:07 PM   #100
Drewha
Thunderbirds Are Go

Oddometer: 558
I'll be there Sat. morning hopefully in time for a ride. I'll be cookin up some road kill chili tomorrow for Sat. nite. Sorry, no venison this batch, but it wont disappoint. Honestly, I haven't ridden the Husky since the last CnR. That's sad.Lookin forward to seeing everyone.
Old 07-18-2013, 07:07 PM   #101
akarob
Green Cantern

Oddometer: 7,574
Hopefully the evening temps will dip down under 80. It's going to be another hot one tomorrow.
akarob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 07:53 PM   #102
alcontrast
at least I'm trying

Oddometer: 1,569
Nice RhodeTrip! I was concerned about site availability but I couldn't make it out there this evening. I'm glad to hear there are sites available. If we could get three sites that would probably be about right for the group.. I probably won't make it out there until around 6-7pm Friday so I'm more than willing to cover the cost of a site for the weekend if any early arrivals want to grab an open one.

When in doubt, gas it. It will either fix the problem, or at the very least end the suspense.

07 650GS / 05 DRZ400S / 72 CB350 (that hasn't run since shortly after I bought it)
alcontrast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 08:33 PM   #103
Capt. REDBEARD
TWECO

Oddometer: 1,119
Quote:
Originally Posted by go2cnavy View Post
I can be there as early as 7:30. Looking forward to getting a ride in.
I meant CNR early not navy early. So probably around 1100........

Just jokes.
Gpj and go2c - I was thinking kick stands up around 8:00.
Gpj- what are you riding and how far back can you twist the fun grip?

if the ocean were whiskey and I were a duck - I'd swim to the bottom and never come up
Capt. REDBEARD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 09:31 PM   #104
Ken F
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 407
Quote:
I meant CNR early not navy early. So probably around 1100........

Just jokes.
Gpj and go2c - I was thinking kick stands up around 8:00.
Gpj- what are you riding and how far back can you twist the fun grip?
He's about the same as me maybe a little slower.lol
Ken F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 04:23 AM   #105
Twilight Error
Going nowhere slowly

Oddometer: 22,607
Looks like I'll be at work after all, I couldn't find someone willing to cover my hours Sat and Sun.

And that means my boat probably won't make it there either.
Twilight Error is offline   Reply With Quote