ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-06-2013, 03:20 PM   #1
ewilly OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 64
Looking for Local(Phoenix Area) Volunteers to Review Modular Rack System

All,

I have been developing a new Modular Rack System for motorcycles that I will be marketing in three stages. I am ready to introduce it to the market and would like to begin by asking if any local inmates would allow me to install the product on your motorcycle for a limited time in an effort to have you provide a review or shall I say testimony explaining how the rack worked for your application. The stage 1 and 2 can be used with a wide range of motorcycles but the Stage 3 for use to carry bikes will require a motorcycle that weighs in with a wet weight in the 350lb and up range. This rack is capable of securing items such as golf clubs, rifles, scuba tanks, tripods, bikes and even snow skis. Please see the Moto-Caddy website for details and pictures at www.Moto-Caddy.com .

Please keep in mind this is a start-up company and therefore the level of development on the web site and lack of an online store still require development.

The motorcycles that I would like to begin testing with that are strong candidates would be the V-Stroms, Honda NC700, BMW F800, BMW R1100-1200, Kawasaki KLR 650, KTM Adventure and any other bike that has a substantial platform/sub-frame to support a cargo rack. I believe that I have the hole pattern for the KTM, KLR 650 and BMW F800GS in the baseplate and may need to add additional holes and possibly bracket adapters for some of the other motorcycles.

I will be making an introduction of the product in the vendor section within days under the user name Moto-Caddy but I was hoping my regional inmates may be interested in working with me to gather info and I will work with anyone to try to negotiate a good deal on the product if you decide you would like to continue using the rack after the trial period!

Please respond via PM if you are interested after you have reviewed the website and I will contact you as soon as possible.

I look forward to working with you all and please present your questions in this thread or look for the Moto-Caddy in the Vendor section soon! I can also be contacted via email at eric@moto-caddy.com.

Thank You, Eric
ewilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 07:02 PM   #2
DurtKlod
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,365
Cool. I saw one of these mounted on that yellow 800 on the Grand Canyon ride. Pretty cool contraption. He rode that over some pretty rough stuff and it stayed put just like it's supposed to.

I'd love to donate my KLR for the cause but it's probably not a very good candidate as the rear rack disintegrated several rides back, sheared the bolts off and Dillon had to reconstruct it and creatively bolt it all back together... it's no longer stock and it has a case bolted to it. Sorry.

DurtKlod screwed with this post 07-07-2013 at 12:23 AM
DurtKlod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 09:38 PM   #3
2 SPOT
wannabe

Oddometer: 3,022
thats neat-o eric. i could donate a 640ADV, but it really doesnt have a substantial enough arse end for a system like that.
2 SPOT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 08:53 AM   #4
ewilly OP
Adventurer

Response to Moto-Caddy notes

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 SPOT View Post
thats neat-o eric. i could donate a 640ADV, but it really doesnt have a substantial enough arse end for a system like that.

Thanks 2Spot - I would still be interested in looking at the 640 to see if the hole pattern is the same as the 990. If you are in the PHX area and open I would be willing to come to you schedule permitting.

Remember I am offering the baseplate as a cargo rack and a base for the future aluminum platform rack! The current baseplate is 3/16 steel but I could downsize that for those interested in using it for a cargo rack only!

I will continue the discussion offline if you are interested. THX

BTW - Durtklod nice photoshop on the F800 but I thought it was funny when I could see my boots and lower legs by the front wheel. The rack was founded on a KLR and as noted above if you just wanted to try the Stage 1 and 2 I would be surprised if you would have a problem unless your sub-frame is already damaged.
Old 07-07-2013, 10:32 AM   #5
mergatroyd
Loser

Oddometer: 101
I'm a fair bit south, but I've got a V-Strom and a Ducati Monster that I'm willing to measure/ride up for a fitting...
Old 07-07-2013, 12:27 PM   #6
ewilly OP
Adventurer

V-Strom demo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mergatroyd View Post
I'm a fair bit south, but I've got a V-Strom and a Ducati Monster that I'm willing to measure/ride up for a fitting...

Hello Sir - I would definitely like to talk to you about the V-strom. Not sure if the Duke would be a candidate even though I think it would be awesome to see one going down the road with a bike!

I will PM you to discuss further.

Thanks for your response.
Old 07-07-2013, 01:52 PM   #7
2 SPOT
wannabe

Oddometer: 3,022
the 640 has a tubular rack, no mounting holes for a bolt on plate as such. a bracket system would have to be fabbed up, easy enough and a few ways to do it, i'd be happy to discuss.
2 SPOT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 12:47 AM   #8
CrownRoyal
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 144
PM sent.

"Hold my whiskey and watch this"
CrownRoyalADV.wordpress.com
CrownRoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 09:28 AM   #9
DOD
idiot dirt rider

Oddometer: 2,289
I saw this in action. We rode a solid day of rocks and it stayed together. It's a clever idea.

-dod
Old 07-08-2013, 03:22 PM   #10
WantToRideMoar
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 309
XR600R owner here in Mesa, willing to be a guinea pig. High Power service rifle shooter. Golfer.

The XR600 has a pretty weak rear end so I don't know that I'd be a great candidate form a structural perspective... Currently shopping for a rear rack solution and likely to purchase one of these in the next few weeks if nothing else seems to work:

http://www.xrsonly.com/xrs-only-bill...-xr350r-xr600r
WantToRideMoar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 05:10 PM   #11
ewilly OP
Adventurer

Yes - I am afraid the XR 600 is not currently a great application. I am trying to start with the ones that have a factory mounting platform to the sub-frame without using additional bracketry.

Thanks for looking and considering it and maybe one day down the road I will develop an adapter for all of the XR and CR riders out there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WantToRideMoar View Post
XR600R owner here in Mesa, willing to be a guinea pig. High Power service rifle shooter. Golfer.

The XR600 has a pretty weak rear end so I don't know that I'd be a great candidate form a structural perspective... Currently shopping for a rear rack solution and likely to purchase one of these in the next few weeks if nothing else seems to work:

http://www.xrsonly.com/xrs-only-bill...-xr350r-xr600r