User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2011, 10:47 AM   #1
totalyfrozen OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 32
Globebuster BBQ Aug 5th

We are looking to see if anyone has the space and is willing to host a BBQ for Globebusters and some AMGA members later in the afternoon on August 5th. AMGA(Alaska Machine Gun Club) is putting on a shoot for them Friday August 5th, then we are looking at a BBQ after that. 16 riders from Globebusters will be in town that day, then they leave Saturday morning to start out the long journey (Alaska to Ushuaia, Argentina). 2009 Larry was gracious enough to host the BBQ at his place, and there was a great turn out. If anyone is willing to do this or has any idea where we can have this contact Jerry or I (Charles Jerry's little brother). If possible we would like to have it in or near Anchorage area. I have already contacted parks and rec for Mirror Lake and they wanted $65 to rent the pavilion for under 4 hrs but also wanted $250 for an alcohol permit as well.

Thanks

Short video of the Trans America

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSCnRrAA-aI

totalyfrozen screwed with this post 07-19-2011 at 05:44 PM
totalyfrozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 01:42 PM   #2
ThatGuy
Brownie

Oddometer: 4,320
House of Beaver to das phone!
Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The views expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.
ThatGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 03:36 PM   #3
AKmud
Muddy Gruver

Oddometer: 914
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy View Post
House of Beaver to das phone!
Not exactly "in or near the Anchorage area...."
Old 07-19-2011, 06:33 PM   #4
ThatGuy
Brownie

Oddometer: 4,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKmud View Post
Not exactly "in or near the Anchorage area...."

Talkeetna is close enough, not to mention they could camp out there if there is room. Not like I said Valdez! I would if I had the room but me dont. I'll put some feelers out...
Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The views expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.
ThatGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 06:48 PM   #5
See-Double-You
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,663
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy View Post
Talkeetna is close enough, not to mention they could camp out there if there is room. Not like I said Valdez! I would if I had the room but me dont. I'll put some feelers out...
I don't think the Globebusters are the camping sort....
Old 07-19-2011, 11:08 PM   #6
legion
Lard Council

Oddometer: 12,341
I think we can do it here at the barn. We did it here a few years back and it went really well.

I'll check the schedule to make sure I don't have a conflict and will be back tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by totalyfrozen View Post
We are looking to see if anyone has the space and is willing to host a BBQ for Globebusters and some AMGA members later in the afternoon on August 5th. AMGA(Alaska Machine Gun Club) is putting on a shoot for them Friday August 5th, then we are looking at a BBQ after that. 16 riders from Globebusters will be in town that day, then they leave Saturday morning to start out the long journey (Alaska to Ushuaia, Argentina). 2009 Larry was gracious enough to host the BBQ at his place, and there was a great turn out. If anyone is willing to do this or has any idea where we can have this contact Jerry or I (Charles Jerry's little brother). If possible we would like to have it in or near Anchorage area. I have already contacted parks and rec for Mirror Lake and they wanted $65 to rent the pavilion for under 4 hrs but also wanted $250 for an alcohol permit as well.

Thanks

Short video of the Trans America

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSCnRrAA-aI
legion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 11:12 PM   #7
moist
Thaumaturgist

Oddometer: 180
awesome legion! subscribed!
Old 07-19-2011, 11:34 PM   #8
AKDuc
Alaska Born Ducatisti

Oddometer: 6,406
Quote:
Originally Posted by legion View Post
I think we can do it here at the barn. We did it here a few years back and it went really well.
I've been wondering when you were gonna have another get together.

Wish I was gonna be here. I'll be down paddling around the Rez.

Have fun, Mark H.

AKDuc screwed with this post 07-20-2011 at 10:15 AM
AKDuc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 08:37 AM   #9
totalyfrozen OP
Adventurer

If it comes down to it we can just do it at my house. I'm up the road from Jer and Gina.
Old 07-20-2011, 11:14 AM   #10
totalyfrozen OP
Adventurer

Thanks Legion, after talking to Jerry though, lets just plan on doing the BBQ at my place which is just a few houses up from Jer's place. That way we are in between Anchorage and Wasilla/Palmer area. What time would be good? Might need either another BBQ or if anyone has a large one that could be used let us know.

Thanks,
Charles

totalyfrozen screwed with this post 07-20-2011 at 11:31 AM
Old 07-20-2011, 07:37 PM   #11
legion
Lard Council

Oddometer: 12,341
Quote:
Thanks Legion, after talking to Jerry though, lets just plan on doing the BBQ at my place
You got it! If you change your mind let me know. I've got clearance from the boss to have a hoe down here at the pad so we're good to go until I irritate her next. I'll be good until at least the 5th.

...and Mark:

Looks like you might just be around for whatever shindig we put together here at the pad yet this summer. Good luck w/ the paddling in South East.

You oughta be here too, Moist. Where are you at these days? Last I recall you were thinking about a big BIG move?
legion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 02:47 PM   #12
moist
Thaumaturgist

Oddometer: 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by legion View Post

You oughta be here too, Moist. Where are you at these days? Last I recall you were thinking about a big BIG move?
(ThreadJack hat on) Today I am in San Francisco, but I live in Tacoma now (5 days now) I would love to make the BarBQ but not this year for sure. It has been interesting since Alaska was in my rear view mirror. (threadjackoff....hee hee)

Carry on!
Old 07-22-2011, 09:39 AM   #13
vegasphotog
Las Vegas Cheechako

Oddometer: 3,255
I STILL remember good times...

Old 07-22-2011, 11:28 AM   #14
totalyfrozen OP
Adventurer

Looks like fun was that in '07? So how does everyone feel about starting the BBQ around 5:30 or 6:30? any preference?
Old 07-22-2011, 12:28 PM   #15
vegasphotog
Las Vegas Cheechako

Oddometer: 3,255
Quote:
looks like fun was that in '07? So how does everyone feel about starting the bbq around 5:30 or 6:30? Any preference?