ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-06-2013, 07:19 AM   #1
AZ TOM OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,778
Prescott 19

Please help if you are able & purchase & put these decals on your vehicles, cars, street bikes, DS bikes. If you can only buy one it will help. www.military-graphics.com

AZ TOM screwed with this post 07-06-2013 at 07:29 AM
AZ TOM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 09:39 AM   #2
sandwash
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,319
This says it all:
http://advrider.com/forums/showpost....&postcount=194

Order in.
I posted this thread over at drrider to get some support.(in the Wild Card section)

sandwash screwed with this post 07-06-2013 at 10:06 AM
sandwash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 12:28 PM   #3
AZ TOM OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandwash View Post
This says it all:
http://advrider.com/forums/showpost....&postcount=194

Order in.
I posted this thread over at drrider to get some support.(in the Wild Card section)
Thanks Wash.
Old 07-06-2013, 04:05 PM   #4
flybynitetours
Adventurer

Oddometer: 89
Cry Order in

I am from AZ originally, have relatives in Prescott, fought fire in my youth and came close to the same end here . rw
Old 07-06-2013, 06:26 PM   #5
PALMER84ONE
GRANDPA ASS

Oddometer: 26
% to cause?

Would like to know if they are doing a 100% less shipping to the cause. I will order a bunch when they answer to my email.

Thanks for posting this. I was on my way home from Prescott on the Saturday eve of this total bummer! Drove right through Yarnell and the fire seemed to be pushing west.
PALMER84ONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 07:01 PM   #6
AZ TOM OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PALMER84ONE View Post
Would like to know if they are doing a 100% less shipping to the cause. I will order a bunch when they answer to my email.

Thanks for posting this. I was on my way home from Prescott on the Saturday eve of this total bummer! Drove right through Yarnell and the fire seemed to be pushing west.
If you click on the web site & click on the decal it says all proceeds will go to the families of the Hot Shots.
Old 07-06-2013, 11:19 PM   #7
Reidy008
I,m in if we go fast

Oddometer: 2,079
Ask questions

Not to be a downer but you should ask questions as to how much of the money is going to the families. Proceeds means after the costs are removed and that is the number you need to know. The Red Cross as great an orginization as it is gets about 4% of the money they are donated to the people who need it and the rest goes to operating costs. Another example is the Live Strong bands that Lance Armstrong pushed... not one cent went to any charity.... they say it is for awareness..... but no one buying one was told that.

I try to give where I can as many people do however it can be surprising how many terrible situation are taken advantage of by people taking things or money they shouldn't.

Just my 2 cents... feel free to call me names if you choose.
Reidy008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 04:09 AM   #8
AZ TOM OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reidy008 View Post
Not to be a downer but you should ask questions as to how much of the money is going to the families. Proceeds means after the costs are removed and that is the number you need to know. The Red Cross as great an orginization as it is gets about 4% of the money they are donated to the people who need it and the rest goes to operating costs. Another example is the Live Strong bands that Lance Armstrong pushed... not one cent went to any charity.... they say it is for awareness..... but no one buying one was told that.

I try to give where I can as many people do however it can be surprising how many terrible situation are taken advantage of by people taking things or money they shouldn't.

No need. Thanks for the info. Save your money I am taking a chance on this one.
Old 07-07-2013, 08:01 AM   #9
rattlecan
Caffeine Driven

Oddometer: 1,508
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ TOM View Post
No need. Thanks for the info. Save your money I am taking a chance on this one.
+1
(copied from www.yarnellfallenfirefighters.com)
Donations – The Diamondback Major League Baseball organization will present a donation check to the Prescott Fire charities tonight at the Whiskey Row Street Dance. Honor Guard will post Colors at 5 PM, followed by the National Anthem, and the check presentation ceremony will take place at 7:30 PM. The Granite Mountain Hotshots Memorial Incident Management Team would like to express our gratitude for the huge outpouring of concern from across the country. As of this morning, more than $1.6 million has been received by three firefighter-endorsed organizations: the 100 Club of Arizona, the Wildland Firefighters Foundation, and the United Phoenix Firefighters Association. The official team website is www.yarnellfallenfirefighters.com. Other similar websites have also been created but their intent or credibility has not been verified. We encourage all donors to first check the credibility and confirm their 501C3 status before donating. Credit cards can be used for donations on the official website and 100% of the donations will be given to the 19 families. (Monetary donations are preferred.) We have received many offers to donate poetry and music for the memorial service. We are very appreciative of all offers; however, the program for the memorial service is substantially complete.
rattlecan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 09:37 AM   #10
Hatch
PAR OG

Oddometer: 3,093
came here from the thread in jomomma

the WFF is pretty prominent in the wildfire community.

http://www.wffoundation.org/
Old 07-07-2013, 09:47 AM   #11
dyvking
ahead of his flamin star

Oddometer: 3,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ TOM View Post
Please help if you are able & purchase & put these decals on your vehicles, cars, street bikes, DS bikes. If you can only buy one it will help. www.military-graphics.com
I ordered a few a couple days ago. I'm taking off on a 3-week tour of the West, and one will be placed on my GS windscreen for the ride :-)
2014 Fitness Goal: hike 1200 miles. DONE! Now +106
dyvking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 01:38 PM   #12
NSFW
ktm's "the tourist"

Oddometer: 16,239
awesome decal, it even has the names of the 19....

happy to help....and it ain't a bad deal folks.
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 01:51 PM   #13
AZ TOM OP
Beastly Adventurer

Thanks & thanks
Old 07-07-2013, 03:07 PM   #14
PALMER84ONE
GRANDPA ASS

Oddometer: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reidy008 View Post

2 cents well taken here! This is the reason it is better to give strait a large amount and ask people like this "exactly" what is going to the families.

AZ-Tom, just looking out for the families rather than a company that may or may not be trying to profit from a loss. A good thing is that the Company is from the Prescott area and may know or be part of the fire crew family.

So instead of ordering 100 stickers like I will when I hear back "ALL" proceeds go, less shipping, I will wait and see if 10 or 20 will do.

Again, thanks for posting this.
PALMER84ONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 03:26 PM   #15
AZ TOM OP
Beastly Adventurer

Thank you Sir for your concern & input.