Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-15-2013, 03:42 PM   #16
paddlinfool
3rd midlife crisis

Oddometer: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktownbobski View Post
Where did you find one for $90 including shipping!

I think the PVC "airhawk 2" comes in at around that price point...
Old 07-15-2013, 08:08 PM   #17
MikeMike
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,788
My PVC version has around 25,000 Mexican miles on it in torrential rains, temps from below zero to 115f, 3 years, no leaks and I adjust the air pressure about once every 6 months and use very little air.
MikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:21 AM   #18
headstaller
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 194
Airhawk R

Should have my Airhawk R by next week, will report back on how it work on my Seat Concept.
I might also try to reverse my seat back to the factory low and try that with the 'R'
headstaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 05:40 PM   #19
headstaller
Gnarly Adventurer

worth every penny

Got an early delivery of the 'R'. Went for a ride this morning (~2hrs.). Gone are the hurt/pain on tail bone and butt. Best yet.. no 'numb' feeling on special part...
I do take my time adjusting the air and positioning of the pad, especially the front 'cut-out'.
It is a bit 'oversize' for my Seat Concepts and would think likewise for stock seat. It however provide extra padding for the butt

Old 07-20-2013, 05:45 PM   #20
MikeMike
Beastly Adventurer

You'll enjoy the added bonus that it ventilates your ass in hot weather.
Once you go Airhawk, you won't ride without it.
Old 07-21-2013, 12:53 AM   #21
Rider 101
Wannabe adventurer

Oddometer: 547
enjoy

Did six hours riding today with air hawke on. 50/50 tar dirt. My arse says thankyou Mr Air Hawke
Rider 101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 07:45 AM   #22
Flashdog
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 183
Medium cruiser Airhawk 2. $79 on Amazon. Better than any custom seat I've had.
Flashdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 04:57 PM   #23
headstaller
Gnarly Adventurer

I am contemplating on selling my Seat Concepts.
Old 07-22-2013, 01:58 AM   #24
itchy&scratchy
Twins, Bazil

Oddometer: 36
Best darn thing I've bought for the F800GS. Absolutely love it and gave me a little extra riding height so that my legs were not at such an obscure angle.
Dont delay, you have to have it!
itchy&scratchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 06:08 AM   #25
Olvi
Ice Butt

Oddometer: 95
The only disadvantage is the lost of control ("feedback from the bike") to the bike when riding gravel, trails and so on. Otherwise it is perfect buddy for your ass and genitals - when adjusted properly.

I don't use Airhawk when riding gravel or trails due to a lack of feedback from the bike. At least when you use throttle to steer the bike in corners. Your ass just can't feel those little signs that your bike is giving to you.
Olvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 07:59 AM   #26
Nictrolis
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 204
For every 50 positive Airhawk reviews, there's at least one negative... I purchased the Small Cruiser regular version (not the 2) for my F800GS. I did find that it was pretty interesting, and it does have a positive effect on butt comfort. However, I found that it was also annoying. I couldn't get it to the point where it was fully comfortable - too much pressure on my nuts, I felt like it was always trying to smoosh me. I tried shifting the pad forward and back, adding more or less air, but it wasn't comfortable for me. Yes, my butt was much happier, but not the rest of me.

I was considering going with the R type, but I couldn't justify the cost. I'm in the process of modifying my seat with some foam - I figure improving the shape of the stock seat will get me where I need to be at a minimal cost. If not, maybe I'll shell out for a better seat... who knows.

This is a really interesting product, and I would definitely recommend it to my girlfriend. I'm not sure how guys can find it comfortable, unless they pick up the R.
Nictrolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 12:14 PM   #27
MikeMike
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nictrolis View Post
I'm not sure how guys can find it comfortable, unless they pick up the R.

We ride more, are older, our ballz have calluses, and are comfortable with all of this.
50 to 1 is a damn good product satisfaction level.

As for the comments about removing it while riding on dirt, I have never needed to. Seat input is not an issue for when you are standing on the pegs, trials riders don't need seat input, either.

Hey, it's all good! Whatever floats your boat. It's still $400 bucks or more cheaper than a BMW comfort seat sucker con.
Old 07-22-2013, 01:46 PM   #28
Pete7874
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 260
Quote:
too much pressure on my nuts, .
Quit bragging about your larger than normal endowment.
Pete7874 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 06:19 AM   #29
kingerbeemer
n00b

Oddometer: 1
i have a airhawk and rode to alaska and back made the world of difference
kingerbeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 09:42 PM   #30
73datsun
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 251
Quote:
For every 50 positive Airhawk reviews, there's at least one negative... I purchased the Small Cruiser regular version (not the 2) for my F800GS. I did find that it was pretty interesting, and it does have a positive effect on butt comfort. However, I found that it was also annoying. I couldn't get it to the point where it was fully comfortable - too much pressure on my nuts, I felt like it was always trying to smoosh me. I tried shifting the pad forward and back, adding more or less air, but it wasn't comfortable for me. Yes, my butt was much happier, but not the rest of me.

I was considering going with the R type, but I couldn't justify the cost. I'm in the process of modifying my seat with some foam - I figure improving the shape of the stock seat will get me where I need to be at a minimal cost. If not, maybe I'll shell out for a better seat... who knows.

This is a really interesting product, and I would definitely recommend it to my girlfriend. I'm not sure how guys can find it comfortable, unless they pick up the R.
I'm in the same boat. I have the R model. It took me four days of adjusting and I've finally got it in a place where I can ride for 1.5hrs without pain. Keep in mind I'm at the tail end of a 9,000mi ride. So, I've had a lot of seat time.

I've found that I can keep my ass comfortable. But generally that means I'm sitting on my balls. Which is a better alternative to when I had it filled with too much air and felt like I was getting fisted by King Kong. Yet, still, it's a better alternative to the OEM seat.

I'm also running a sheepskin on top of it. Alaska Leather suggested it. Who knows.

I have some contemplating to do when I get home.
73datsun is offline   Reply With Quote