View Results: I am?
Hands on oil changing bike tinkerer do it yourself biker 118 82.52%
A Rider who pretty much just rides only 25 17.48%
Voters: 143. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-13-2013, 03:43 AM   #16
Bundu
===============

Oddometer: 620
seeing the majority work on their bikes, is there any news on when the workshop manual will be available?

On the removal of all the silly warning stickers, just heat the sticker with a hair drier and they come right off - mine were off on the 1st day
Bundu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 05:11 PM   #17
Babatad OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bundu View Post
seeing the majority work on their bikes, is there any news on when the workshop manual will be available?

On the removal of all the silly warning stickers, just heat the sticker with a hair drier and they come right off - mine were off on the 1st day
Negative on the workshop manual but Ye hair dryer method works a blast! Thanks
Babatad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 08:28 PM   #18
speed_racer
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 706
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babatad View Post
1) Looks awesome (orange model), later found out it is a bigger head turner than I thought-who doesn't love to ride a cool bike. Too bad I'm married

2) * Depended heavily on reviewers, bike owner comments, this forum and similar - positive on the areas I wanted handling, smile on face qualities...

*note: NO TEST RIDE available so I literally relied on the comments of those who sounded sensible/legit)

3) Looked at side by side reviews of GS, Triumph and didn't feel they were as good even though they are also quality bikes

5) To make my mate and fellow biker seethe with envy and jealousy :)

6) My bank manager was in agreement so I'm now a proud sub one month owner of a gorgeous KTM 1190 Adventure.

Happy days and safe riding all!!!
These reasons above are also the same reason why i have the deposit on one now..

with the additional reasons below

- I rode the bmw s1000rr with a quick shifter and loved it!! the f800 felt boring afterwards.. so 150hp with a dealer option of a quickshifter available on the KTM 1190 r is awesome!!

- Suspension according to reviewers and owners kicks a$$ especially in comparison to the f800.. and its fully adjustable!

- the weight is great for such a powerful bike, should be able to turn and stop easily..

- Hand built at KTM in comparison to BMW's robot facility means there is a bit of love thats been already put into these bikes..

- The big hoon factor of popping wheelies on demand is a good one

- the heat issue from the exhaust is the only downside anyone has mentioned, So if the only thing i have to do is ceramic coat the exhaust thats an easy fix to be race ready :P

the biggest thing is 150hp.. that should bring a smile everytime i ride it.. 85hp was getting boring on the beemer
speed_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 09:17 AM   #19
Babatad OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Poll - interesting

76% hands on bikers
23% just ride
Old 08-01-2013, 12:10 PM   #20
Lee990Adventure
Lee1190Adventure

Oddometer: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babatad View Post
Poll - interesting

76% hands on bikers
23% just ride
Um, yep, that would be me, Father was a mechanic, none of his skills rubbed-off on me. Happy to lube & adjust the chain, change oil & filter at a push, but dont trust my own mechanical skills and would rather a professional did the maintenance - although they're a challenge to find. Warranty depends on dealer servicing too i believe?

Had first service done at the supplying dealer and almost up to 1,000 miles now, time to try sport mode this weekend...
Lee990Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 06:17 PM   #21
speed_racer
Studly Adventurer

F*** yeah, I just got everything sorted and my bike is ready to be picked up tomorrow!!! happiest mofo out there atm.. hehehe
Old 08-01-2013, 08:20 PM   #22
icekube1
Middle aged git

Oddometer: 1,735
Quote:
Originally Posted by speed_racer View Post
F*** yeah, I just got everything sorted and my bike is ready to be picked up tomorrow!!! happiest mofo out there atm.. hehehe
Really? I was told KTM Australia had sold out of their allocation and no more were due until April.

Mike

Why stand when you can sit down..
Why sit when you can lie down..
icekube1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 08:33 PM   #23
Babatad OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by icekube1 View Post
Really? I was told KTM Australia had sold out of their allocation and no more were due until April.
Icekube, how is the weather for riding in Canberra, must be freezing. I use to live in belconnen area and have memories of the Canberra winters. Freezing.
Old 08-01-2013, 11:01 PM   #24
speed_racer
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by icekube1 View Post
Yup thats what I was told as well, however the dealer said you may be able to find one in a dealership somewhere, with the help of my inmates, I found one at bolton motorcycles which had a deposit on it and the guy wasn't sure if he wanted it. (it was still in transit) he dropped out and i got it. apparently dealers have about 40 of them coming in now but they all have deposits on them, how badly do you want one though? Cos I found a dealership in SA that has one on the floor kessner motorcycles, it was still available 2 days ago
Old 08-20-2013, 11:55 AM   #25
car94
What's this Box for?

Oddometer: 3,339
Cool2 I was hoping to find some real owners to back up my decision to put down a deposit.

A month and a half and no one has managed to take a picture somewhere near where they live with a bike all of you seem to be in love with. Hmmmm! Marketing guys bored in the KTM offices perhaps!
Old 08-20-2013, 01:56 PM   #26
Davy F
Pro Goolie Fiddler

Oddometer: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by car94 View Post
A month and a half and no one has managed to take a picture somewhere near where they live with a bike all of you seem to be in love with. Hmmmm! Marketing guys bored in the KTM offices perhaps!

This is reasonably near where I live (if you count getting a ferry from Northern ireland to Scotland near as it's only a 22 mile crossing).

Back from the dealers after its 600 mile service today, totally loving this bike.
Old 08-22-2013, 11:11 AM   #27
Babatad OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
GS office a bit quiet maybe?
Old 08-22-2013, 07:51 PM   #28
speed_racer
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
well this is near where I live but even closer to work.. lol