Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-21-2013, 07:13 PM   #106
panorton
Charming as F**k

Oddometer: 473
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerk View Post
Maybe I could give you some tips. You were talking to the chic on the back of the bike, not the rider. Is this the bar you want to set? Granted, I think lots of you guys are gay, cause you choose bikes a woman is not going to want to ride on.
This bullshit again? What a stereotypical gay bashing he-man harley lover. FUCK OFF!
Old 07-21-2013, 08:34 PM   #107
steveO-Ray
BikELess Vagrant

Oddometer: 585
Quote:
Maybe I could give you some tips. You were talking to the chic on the back of the bike, not the rider. Is this the bar you want to set? Granted, I think lots of you guys are gay, cause you choose bikes a woman is not going to want to ride on.
I think that's cause we are trying to pick the bike best suited for the type of riding we want too do, not a social status we are trying personify.

Besides, if you need a certain type of bike to get women you really need to work on your game.
"It is not the critic who counts:...The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena...who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
-Teddy Roosevelt
steveO-Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 08:51 PM   #108
Zerk
DILLIGAF

Oddometer: 3,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveO-Ray View Post
I think that's cause we are trying to pick the bike best suited for the type of riding we want too do, not a social status we are trying personify.

Besides, if you need a certain type of bike to get women you really need to work on your game.
Did I write that I got a Harley to pick up women? Nope. I said I have a bike that a woman would like to ride on, due to comfort. I just wonder why you guys don't like women.

Maybe I am wrong about you guys. Maybe you are old fashioned. Keep them barefoot, pregnant and in the kitchen. They don't need to be on the bike, when you are out with the boys.

foreign lands and alien birds, hear stories that no ones heard-D.A.D.

Helmets are like rubbers, you know you should wear one, but its so much better when you don't-Me.
Zerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 08:53 PM   #109
Tripped1
Likely Lost.

Oddometer: 7,703
Quote:
Did I write that I got a Harley to pick up women? Nope. I said I have a bike that a woman would like to ride on, due to comfort. I just wonder why you guys don't like women.

Maybe I am wrong about you guys. Maybe you are old fashioned. Keep them barefoot, pregnant and in the kitchen. They don't need to be on the bike, when you are out with the boys.
Oddly I end up with women that are on the back telling me to rev it the fuck out.

They aren't back there for comfort.
Tripped1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 09:06 PM   #110
panorton
Charming as F**k

Oddometer: 473
Quote:

My wife doesn't ride "bitch" (or whatever mysoginist crap you wanna spew) she has her own bike.
Old 07-21-2013, 09:33 PM   #111
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner

Oddometer: 9,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rango View Post
You're not a Beverly Hills resident, are you?

check this out: http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs...100152931.html

Since the electronic revolution the quality of jingles and tunes has declined dramatically.

Good news: when it can't get worse it'll get better.
I see ice cream trucks and vans all the time, never ice cream cars.

Another day, another foot injury!
Albie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 09:40 PM   #112
Icy Roads
Adventurer

Oddometer: 57
OMG where do I get that sticker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossy_Crk View Post
The only sticker on my bike at the moment:

I really want that sticker where'd you get it?
Old 07-21-2013, 09:50 PM   #113
joexr
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,773
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Roads View Post
I really want that sticker where'd you get it?
Dual Sport Touring.com
joexr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 11:04 PM   #114
precarious
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 556
Quote:
This up there with the top 50 dumbshit things I have read here.
So do you blame the gun, or the person who shot it? I bet you are one of the liberals in favor of suing gun companies.

I bet you are one of the liberals in favor of suing gun companies. This is up there with the top 50 dumbass things I've read.

Harley sold/sells a product, that people buy. Other companies have said hey, we want in on it or can improve it. This is how we got cell phones and laptop computers.
What the hell do Halrleys and guns have in common? American values? Are you pissed off the Germans make better bikes AND guns? HD doesn't have a single entry in AMA or MotoGP and the SEALs love H&K.

I've got to give Harley Davidson credit: they know how to make money. By putting people on their bikes, they sell a TON of shirts and thongs.

Most Harley guys I run into are idiots. They know nothing about bikes, they don't even really care about bikes; they just want to look cool. But, I do have a few friends who like them because they're just Harley guys. I get that. I'm a geek, myself. I like odd engine configurations like VW VRs and boxers of any kind and I love the Honda V5. I totally understand the whole visceral thing. It may not perform, but it's a lot of fun. I should have clarified this before. And I may have been a little out of line in the "perfectly fine" comment. For all I know, the poster I responded to has a whole story of how he always wanted a Harley. He was finally able to afford one and he got hooked. So he wanted another one. Maybe he has an F4R, a GSA, and a Diavel in the garage, too. I don't know.

To their credit, Harley Davidson motorcycles perform their intended function very well, and they have shaped the industry. Most owners are weekend cruisers. Their Sportsters and Road Kings and metrics will serve them well. Putt around at a relaxed pace and enjoy yourself.

From a technical standpoint, Harleys are terrible. They look good, but the brakes and suspension are sub par. Let's not balance the engine, let's just use rubber mounts! Let's rubber mount the swingarm so the thing can flex and slip belts around corners because we want a smooth ride on the boulevard for guys to look cool.

I respect what they've done as a business. They were bleeding funds, and they turned around and basically started printing their own money. They have the money and the resources to do something great, and they tried with the Revolution, but fans just don't like it. A shame. I would own a Revolution-powered XR12. Just can't have it. That is a cool bike. They should have explored that in the '80s. If they had, maybe, now, it would have suspension and brakes that work as well as every other brand on the market.

I hated loud pipes when they woke me out of a sound sleep at 3 am. It's stupid. It's pointless. It comes from this biker lifestyle. And it's not all Harleys. Squids are stupid, too. Every group has its idiots. Since the most popular motorcycle is a Harley, it's got the most idiots. IBM created the laptop computer. Why couldn't American ingenuity create a bike worth riding?

Ducati did it right. They had a whole classic brand. You could buy a Paul Smart inspired street bike and love it or buy a state-of-the-art 1098 and set times.

As far as my political affiliations, F- you! I work for the D.O.D. I fix warships. I also know that most of our bill of rights has been violated. Take a look at the document and think of all the news stories that have proven that it's a nice idea, but it isn't really true. Patriot Act?

Liberal vs consertive? This is about bikes and the experience. I have an opinion about HD bikes: they suck. Nice paint and chrome, terrible mechanicals. Prove me wrong. There's a photo on here somewhere of a guy ripping a Road King at a track day. He's just loving what his machine can do... while getting lapped buy guys on proper track bikes. I love his spirit. He's probably a geek like me who like to see things outside of their natural environment.
precarious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 12:00 AM   #115
UnsureFooting
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,206
You think harleys are terrible because they don't do track days well? :

Do you also think Ferraris are awful because they get bad gas mileage? You're just making the wrong measurement, that's all. Harleys are predominately built for a cruising environment, that is to say, a mode of riding which is not focused on riding as fast as possible. They're built for long distance, which they excel at. Once again, you jumping in with your notions of what a Harley should be is 1) pointless, and 2) stupid. Harley doesn't build a bike you like. OK. Don't buy a harley. They are, however, very well built bikes.

Do you know WHY Harleys shake like that? Because that's what the customers WANT. The paint is nearly unrivaled for a factory paint job. The touring bikes have Brembo ABS, Showa forks (I think), great radios, stock Pirelli rubber, FI, cruise, 6 gears... I mean shit, man, what else do you fucking want on a touring bike? Not everybody out there likes to push the limits of sanity around corners. Some of us like a slower paced, easy going ride. Ain't a goddamn thing wrong with that.

Besides, if wanted to ride a plastic motorcycle, my son has a power wheels... ;)
UnsureFooting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 04:20 AM   #116
Navy Chief
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnsureFooting View Post
Some of us like a slower paced, easy going ride. Ain't a goddamn thing wrong with that.
I have no problem with this whatsoever, ride your ride and enjoy the day. But please for the love of god please move the fuck over when there is traffic built up behind you, Bike Week Gettysburg was here not long ago, the roads were full of loud ass rolling road blocks as they "enjoyed the ride". Great enjoy your ride and let everybody else enjoy their ride while not being stuck behind you....
Navy Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 06:13 AM   #117
Red eyed and Rollin
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 132
Xr 1200 x

I would own a Revolution-powered XR12. Just can't have it. That is a cool bike. They should have explored that in the '80s. If they had, maybe, now, it would have suspension and brakes that work as well as every other brand on the market.

I own an 11 XR 1200 X dont you mean Evolution not Revolution. Its a great bike.
Old 07-22-2013, 06:19 AM   #118
Zerk
DILLIGAF

Oddometer: 3,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by precarious View Post
What the hell do Halrleys and guns have in common? American values? Are you pissed off the Germans make better bikes AND guns?
I hated loud pipes
Can people on this site read?

The post I was quoting was from a guy who was pissed off at Harley. He blamed them for creating the J word cruiser market and for the Harley riders. I wrote back do you blame gun companies for murder.

I don't have any Germans guns. Italian, Austria, Romania, and Turkey, and lots of American. Off hand I can't think of a German company.

Consumer reports stated that BMWs have the worse reliability in the industry. But that is off topic as to you being a liberal.

You will find plenty of off road bikes with loud ass pipes.

I ride Harleys cause they make comfortable touring bikes. BMWs are to small, an I don't like my legs bent back. I don't sit on the couch with my legs bent bike, why would I want to ride 12 hours like that?

Sure when I got to Alaska it would have been fun to have one, but the ride there would have sucked. Still made it two up to the Arctic Circle on one.

foreign lands and alien birds, hear stories that no ones heard-D.A.D.

Helmets are like rubbers, you know you should wear one, but its so much better when you don't-Me.
Zerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 07:12 AM   #119
Badge320
Wild Hog No. 3

Oddometer: 3,674
Quote:
Originally Posted by precarious View Post
What the hell do Halrleys and guns have in common? American values? Are you pissed off the Germans make better bikes AND guns? HD doesn't have a single entry in AMA or MotoGP and the SEALs love H&K.

I've got to give Harley Davidson credit: they know how to make money. By putting people on their bikes, they sell a TON of shirts and thongs.

Most Harley guys I run into are idiots. They know nothing about bikes, they don't even really care about bikes; they just want to look cool. But, I do have a few friends who like them because they're just Harley guys. I get that. I'm a geek, myself. I like odd engine configurations like VW VRs and boxers of any kind and I love the Honda V5. I totally understand the whole visceral thing. It may not perform, but it's a lot of fun. I should have clarified this before. And I may have been a little out of line in the "perfectly fine" comment. For all I know, the poster I responded to has a whole story of how he always wanted a Harley. He was finally able to afford one and he got hooked. So he wanted another one. Maybe he has an F4R, a GSA, and a Diavel in the garage, too. I don't know.

To their credit, Harley Davidson motorcycles perform their intended function very well, and they have shaped the industry. Most owners are weekend cruisers. Their Sportsters and Road Kings and metrics will serve them well. Putt around at a relaxed pace and enjoy yourself.

From a technical standpoint, Harleys are terrible. They look good, but the brakes and suspension are sub par. Let's not balance the engine, let's just use rubber mounts! Let's rubber mount the swingarm so the thing can flex and slip belts around corners because we want a smooth ride on the boulevard for guys to look cool.

I respect what they've done as a business. They were bleeding funds, and they turned around and basically started printing their own money. They have the money and the resources to do something great, and they tried with the Revolution, but fans just don't like it. A shame. I would own a Revolution-powered XR12. Just can't have it. That is a cool bike. They should have explored that in the '80s. If they had, maybe, now, it would have suspension and brakes that work as well as every other brand on the market.

I hated loud pipes when they woke me out of a sound sleep at 3 am. It's stupid. It's pointless. It comes from this biker lifestyle. And it's not all Harleys. Squids are stupid, too. Every group has its idiots. Since the most popular motorcycle is a Harley, it's got the most idiots. IBM created the laptop computer. Why couldn't American ingenuity create a bike worth riding?

Ducati did it right. They had a whole classic brand. You could buy a Paul Smart inspired street bike and love it or buy a state-of-the-art 1098 and set times.

As far as my political affiliations, F- you! I work for the D.O.D. I fix warships. I also know that most of our bill of rights has been violated. Take a look at the document and think of all the news stories that have proven that it's a nice idea, but it isn't really true. Patriot Act?

Liberal vs consertive? This is about bikes and the experience. I have an opinion about HD bikes: they suck. Nice paint and chrome, terrible mechanicals. Prove me wrong. There's a photo on here somewhere of a guy ripping a Road King at a track day. He's just loving what his machine can do... while getting lapped buy guys on proper track bikes. I love his spirit. He's probably a geek like me who like to see things outside of their natural environment.

I guess I must be out of my natural environment.
Badge320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 08:17 AM   #120
BanjoBoy
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 876
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnsureFooting View Post
You think harleys are terrible because they don't do track days well? :

Do you also think Ferraris are awful because they get bad gas mileage? You're just making the wrong measurement, that's all. Harleys are predominately built for a cruising environment, that is to say, a mode of riding which is not focused on riding as fast as possible. They're built for long distance, which they excel at. Once again, you jumping in with your notions of what a Harley should be is 1) pointless, and 2) stupid. Harley doesn't build a bike you like. OK. Don't buy a harley. They are, however, very well built bikes.

Do you know WHY Harleys shake like that? Because that's what the customers WANT. The paint is nearly unrivaled for a factory paint job. The touring bikes have Brembo ABS, Showa forks (I think), great radios, stock Pirelli rubber, FI, cruise, 6 gears... I mean shit, man, what else do you fucking want on a touring bike? Not everybody out there likes to push the limits of sanity around corners. Some of us like a slower paced, easy going ride. Ain't a goddamn thing wrong with that.

Besides, if wanted to ride a plastic motorcycle, my son has a power wheels... ;)
Yeah, them hardleys dun knocked 'em dead at the IBR!!!

1 Derek Dickson 11,799 92,524 2005 Yamaha FJR1300
2 Josh Mountain 12,963 90,065 2006 Yamaha FJR1300A
3 Wendy Crockett 11,363 89,217 2005 Yamaha FJR1300
4 Craig Brooks 10,770 86,939 2011 BMW R1200GS
5 Matt Watkins 11,621 85,615 2005 Yamaha FJR1300
6 Tim Pawlowski 11,065 85,260 2006 Yamaha FJR1300A
7 Eric Bray 11,166 85,200 2012 BMW R1200GS
8 Alex Schmitt 11,275 84,693 1998 Honda ST1100
9 Greg Rice 11,083 81,703 2012 Honda Gold Wing
10 John Coons 11,594 81,502 1994 BMW R1100RSL
11 Perry Karsten 10,667 79,975 2007 Yamaha FJR 1300
12 Kevin Lechner 10,465 79,361 2007 Honda ST1300
13 Todd & Diane LeClair 10,956 78,780 2007 Honda Gold Wing
14 Philip Weston 10,634 78,327 2005 Yamaha Fazer1000
15 Daniel Roth 10,332 77,099 2005 BMW R1200GS
16 Tim Masterson 10,484 77,051 2013 BMW R1200GS
17 Rex LeGalley 10,265 76,943 2012 Harley Davidson Street 18 Jon & Ande Good/Bergmann 9,798 76,676 2013 BMW K1600GTL
19 Brian Walters 10,700 76,174 2012 BMW R1200GS
20 Anthony Osborne 10,288 75,932 2005 Yamaha FJR1300
21 Tonie Cowen 10,896 75,113 2012 Yamaha Super Tenere
22 Jim Abbott 11,080 74,385 2003 Honda ST1300
23 Gerhard Memmen-Krueger 10,435 74,162 2012 BMW R1200GS
24 Mike Heitkamp 10,027 71,946 2011 Kawasaki Concours14
25 John Frick 10,238 70,953 2009 BMW K1200LT
26 Roger Allen 10,055 70,883 2011 BMW R1200GS
27 Kathy Allen 10,081 70,858 2010 BMW R1200GS
28 Connie Gabrick 9,295 69,938 2009 Victory Vision
29 Ian McPhee 10,041 69,232 2000 BMW R1100RT
30 Bob Lilley 13,380 69,205 2011 BMW R1200GS
31 Rob Nye 10,669 69,032 2012 BMW R1200GS
32 Steve Bennett 9,878 68,222 2010 Yamaha FJR1300
33 Greg & Pat Blewett 9,677 67,418 2007 Honda Gold Wing
34 Matt Wise 10,799 67,269 2012 BMW K1600GTL
35 Kevin & Lynda Weller 10,043 66,618 2011 BMW R1200GS
36 Jeremy Loveall 9,179 66,280 2007 BMW R1200RT-P
37 Allen Hatcher 10,842 66,070 2003 BMW K1200LT
38 Rusty Bachman 9,774 65,968 2012 Yamaha Super Tenere
39 Sal Terranova 9,479 65,111 2002 Honda ST1100
40 Gregg Lenentine 10,332 64,879 2010 Yamaha FJR1300
41 Peter Hogan 10,152 64,629 2009 Yamaha FRJ1300
42 Kevin Sawatsky 10,074 64,324 2003 Yamaha FJR1300
43 Colin Goodall 9,327 64,038 2005 Yamaha FJR1300A
44 Eric Vaillancourt 9,542 63,830 2012 Yamaha Super Tenere
45 Shane & Annette Cudlin 9,955 63,210 2010 Yamaha XTZ1200
46 Don Stadtler 9,064 63,153 2008 Harley Davidson Softail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badge320 View Post

I guess I must be out of my natural environment.
Yeah you are; yer on a track, yer pucks ain't scuffed, 'n yer lean'in less than I do on mah way ta work!